No announcement yet.

Canada Basketball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So with their win Venezuela is the 4th team in the semis.

Comment

• And I think with Dominican's loss, Puerto Rico has clinched the last qualifying tournament spot (regardless of whether they beat Uruguay today), by virtue of their head-to-head win over DR.

Comment

• octothorp wrote: View Post
        And I think with Dominican's loss, Puerto Rico has clinched the last qualifying tournament spot (regardless of whether they beat Uruguay today), by virtue of their head-to-head win over DR.
        Venezuela has fourth spot sown up. 3 wins including a victory over Puerto Rico.

Edit: I see what you mean, now. Fifth place goes to Puerto Rico if they beat Uruguay. if Uruguay wins, it's a three way tie for fifth.
        Last edited by stretch; Wed Sep 9, 2015, 05:39 PM.

Comment

And I think with Dominican's loss, Puerto Rico has clinched the last qualifying tournament spot (regardless of whether they beat Uruguay today), by virtue of their head-to-head win over DR.
          Dominican coach just said that they still have a slim chance to get 5th.

EDIT: at the press conference.

Comment

• Does the 101 points allowed concern anyone or chalk it up putting it on cruse control to avoid fatigue and or injury . We have to take into effect playing in less then 24 hours

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

Comment

• guyroch wrote: View Post
              ...chalk it up putting it on cruse control to avoid fatigue and or injury . We have to take into effect playing in less then 24 hours...
              My take on it.

Comment

Does the 101 points allowed concern anyone or chalk it up putting it on cruse control to avoid fatigue and or injury . We have to take into effect playing in less then 24 hours

Doornekamp was pretty disappointed that they gave up 100 points on the FIBA after show thing on Youtube when he was interviewed. But, having the early game means that they have a solid 48 hours rest unlike Mexico and Argentina.

Comment

• blackjitsu wrote: View Post
                  Dominican coach just said that they still have a slim chance to get 5th.

EDIT: at the press conference.
                  Ah, makes sense. They're essentially in the same situation as Canada, where they need Uruguay to win, but not by too much, in order to get the 3-way tie to break their way.

Comment

International rules question:

If a player is fouled on a shot, gets continuation, and the ball bounces around the rim, can an opposing player still knock it off the rim the way they could if there wasn't a foul, or the way you can still block a player's shot after he's been fouled? Or does it create a situation where players have to stop and let the ball drop one way or the other?
                    I would assume it would be the case if the player blocking the shot was in the air when the whistle was blown

Comment

• Wow we scored a lot of points. 120 points in 40 minutes? God damn.

Let's hope that Mexico finds a way to beat Argentina, so we can play Venezuela in the semis!
                      The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• Tonight, we all cheer for the Mexicans.

Comment

• jerome wrote: View Post
                          Tonight, we all cheer for the Mexicans.
                          Yup and if they happen to win, we annihilate Venezuela on Friday
                          "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
                            Yup and if they happen to win, we annihilate Venezuela on Friday
                            As a Raptor fan cheering for a better playoff match up doesn't always work out ☺

Comment

Does the 101 points allowed concern anyone or chalk it up putting it on cruse control to avoid fatigue and or injury . We have to take into effect playing in less then 24 hours

Doesn't concern me one bit. We were up by 20 about halfway into the 1st quarter and led by 20-30 the whole game. The pace was pretty fast, we'd get a quick 2 or 3, then they'd jack up a quick 3, wash rinse repeat. It was a recipe for a high scoring game both ways, but they were never close.

Comment

As a Raptor fan cheering for a better playoff match up doesn't always work out ☺
                                Ooof. Too soon man. Too soon. Haha

Comment

Working...
                                X