No announcement yet.

Canada Basketball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What have you guys thought about Cory Joseph so far?
    I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• Not blown away ... As for Canadian PG's he is the best we got for the moment ....

Comment

• guyroch wrote: View Post
        Not blown away ... As for Canadian PG's he is the best we got for the moment ....
        Agreed. He started off rough for me and improved a lot as time has gone on but still nothing special.
        I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• GLF wrote: View Post
          Agreed. He started off rough for me and improved a lot as time has gone on but still nothing special.
          What do you guys expect though? Joseph is nothing more than a backup caliber PG in the NBA. This is what he is. Still think the Raptors overpaid for him but whatever.
          Mamba Mentality

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
            What do you guys expect though? Joseph is nothing more than a backup caliber PG in the NBA. This is what he is. Still think the Raptors overpaid for him but whatever.
            This is true. But at first I was even worried he wasn't even going to be a good backup. As time goes on I'm much more comfortable with him in that role. I know his defense is going to be good which is a sign of relief but I was worried about his ability to run an offense and move the ball. It seems he'll be just fine doing that. Well at least for a backup level player. He really can't shoot though. I cringe anytime he takes a jumper.

Comment

What tournament have you guys been watching? Joseph has looked really good.

In 22.6 mins/game
              10.4 pts
              3.6 reb
              5.6 ast
              50% FG
              81.5% FT
              3.4 FTA

He's been a great passer. He drives to the hole. He gets fouled a lot. He rebounds well. He's efficient. He's playing great defense. Outside of 3pt shooting he's been pretty damn good.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
                What tournament have you guys been watching? Joseph has looked really good.

In 22.6 mins/game
                10.4 pts
                3.6 reb
                5.6 ast
                50% FG
                81.5% FT
                3.4 FTA

He's been a great passer. He drives to the hole. He gets fouled a lot. He rebounds well. He's efficient. He's playing great defense. Outside of 3pt shooting he's been pretty damn good.
                He's a backup caliber PG in the NBA. That's all i said. I think he's played well in this tournament. But i think some people are expecting more.
                Mamba Mentality

Comment

• CJ is a defensive stud. Offense isn't really there as he doesn't have a consistent enough jumper to make other 1s guard him on the perimeter. Again, like many said, hes a good backup PG and only 24.

Comment

He's a backup caliber PG in the NBA. That's all i said. I think he's played well in this tournament. But i think some people are expecting more.
                    What exactly were people expecting though? The Canadian team is stacked with offensive talent, so all CoJo really needs to do is pass and drive to open up more passes. It's not like Barea on Puerto Rico where he's expected to do everything. In the 2013 FIBA's CoJo was our best player and he scored a lot more because he had to. I like the fact he can adjust his game to his teammates. I'd say he's a high level backup PG, where he could function as an average starter if called to do so. He's not going to take Lowry's job, but he could definitely outplay some starting PG's in the NBA.

Comment

....He's not going to take Lowry's job, but he could definitely outplay some starting PG's in the NBA.
                      I my fondest hope is that he can learn from Lowry, and that practicing against him will speed up his development.

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post
                        I my fondest hope is that he can learn from Lowry, and that practicing against him will speed up his development.
                        CoJo will for sure continue to improve, he should get the most minutes of his career this year. Lowry is a top 10 PG though, not sure if CoJo will ever reach that level.

Comment

• In hindsight, when we traded for him I don't think anyone thought Lowry would become a top 10 PG either.

Comment

CoJo will for sure continue to improve, he should get the most minutes of his career this year. Lowry is a top 10 PG though, not sure if CoJo will ever reach that level.
                            CoJo doesn't have to be great. A steady PG who can play D and shoot a little is enough @ 7.5M. The money and touches saved at PG can be used at other positions.

Comment

• You guys are right. I guess my expectations were too high. From those stats he's actually doing an amazing job and if he can bring that to our team as a backup I will be very happy.

Comment

• The raptor second unit backcourt is going to have a very different look compared to Lou and Vasquez it is going to be very interesting

Comment

Working...
                                X