Canada Basketball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GLF wrote: View Post
    You guys are right. I guess my expectations were too high. From those stats he's actually doing an amazing job and if he can bring that to our team as a backup I will be very happy.
    Hey if he gets this team to Rio then who are we to complain .... This team doesn't need a Derrick Rose but a PG that can use all the guns on the floor ...

What I like is the confidence he seems to have ... Not intimated by the circumstances

Comment

• guyroch wrote: View Post
      Hey if he gets this team to Rio then who are we to complain .... This team doesn't need a Derrick Rose but a PG that can use all the guns on the floor ...

What I like is the confidence he seems to have ... Not intimated by the circumstances
      That is very true. He doesn't seem to get rattled very easily and he always plays at a good pace.
      I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• when your team has an offensive rating of 124 it should mean your point guard is doing his job pretty well.

Comment

• Watching the replay of the time we beat pr Nash was unreal,barret quite the athletic, definitely see where his gene's transfered to his son

Comment

• rightsideup wrote: View Post
            Watching the replay of the time we beat pr Nash was unreal,barret quite the athletic, definitely see where his gene's transfered to his son
            Yeah Barrett is athletic but had a nonexistent jump shot
            "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
              That is what definitely held him back

Comment

• Anyone know when the final is scheduled for?

Comment

• rightsideup wrote: View Post
                  Anyone know when the final is scheduled for?
                  9:30PM tomorrow night.

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post
                    Yeah I don't see Lyles replaces Nicholson if he impresses in his rookie year, most likely it could be Powell. Also Heslip or Ejim might be on the bubble come 2016 if Ennis does join the team and Dillon Brooks takes the next step in his development in the NCAA.
                    I would be very surprised to see Heslip left off. Pure snipers are always of value and he is clearly a better shooter than anyone else we have (on the team or in the pipe). Really don't see how Ennis bumps him based on skill set, Ennis needs to take over as starting PG to bring a lot of value. A guard off the bench who is a sniper makes more sense in these type of tournaments where a hot hand can change a tournament.
                    Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Do you guys think a Canadian sports network will cover Kentucky because of Jamal?

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                        ...Pure snipers are always of value and he is clearly a better shooter than anyone else we have (on the team or in the pipe). ...A guard off the bench who is a sniper makes more sense in these type of tournaments where a hot hand can change a tournament.
                        This.

There is always room for role players who are excellent at their role. Mind you, I don't have a clear sense of how this tournaments players compare to the ones who will be repping their countries at the olympics. Heslip seemed to do a very good job of slipping past or rubbing off his man and getting open. Those skills aren't always about speed. Oftimes they are about knowing your teammates, and them knowing you. Will he be able to get as open at the next level? Who knows. I do know he doesn't take long to get his shot off.

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                          He's a backup caliber PG in the NBA. That's all i said. I think he's played well in this tournament. But i think some people are expecting more.
                          Are you saying he will never be anything more, or just that currently, he is no better than a bench caliber PG?

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
                            I think you are talking out of your ass. In his pro career he shot in the high 30s low 40s for 3 point field goal percentage on around 6 attempts per game.

I always felt Rowan should have been an NBA guard, Canadians were not in flavour at that time and he was never really given fair shot.
                            Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

• What time is tonight's game?
                              Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

• wjf wrote: View Post
                                what time is tonight's game?
                                7 pm

Comment

Working...
                                X