Canada Basketball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
    I woke up this morning and still cannot believe that we actually just lost to Venezuela in a game we were favored by 22pts!
    It is definitely embarrassing and real there is no reason why we should not have been able to beat them and qualify for the Olympics.

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
      Wow. Can you do that? Are these 2 friends or something?
      Mamba Mentality

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
        Wow. Can you do that? Are these 2 friends or something?
        thankfully, sports hasn't become as overly sensitive as the rest of the world yet, but imagine Dick Bavetta doing that to Pop on the sidelines lol

Comment

• All hell would break loose! LOL
          Mamba Mentality

Comment

• stretch wrote: View Post
            After viewing the video I would say that Doornekamp did commit the foul.

yea but given the physical nature of play in FIBA all tournament, the game situation with what's on the line and the fact that the ball was no where close....its a call that should not be made. That game should have gone to OT.

Comment

• Michael GrangeVerified account
              ‏@michaelgrange
              It's early, but word is Canada 'kicking the tires' on hosting one of three pre-Olympic qualifiers next summer. Should be a priority, IMO.

Comment

• stretch wrote: View Post
                After viewing the video I would say that Doornekamp did commit the foul.

Was absolutely a foul, from our FIBA veteran Doornekamp. Sad thing is, Doornekamp specifically got subbed in for the last play, when you had Ejim or Bennett available much better rebounders.

Comment

• That's absolutely a foul? Someone care to make a gif?

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
                    That's absolutely a foul? Someone care to make a gif?

I still say its not a call you make. A suspect loose ball foul on a non shooter in FIBA play at the buzzer in a tie game with the Olympics on the line! let em play it out in OT!!
                    Last edited by RepTdot; Sat Sep 12, 2015, 02:40 PM.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                      Was absolutely a foul, from our FIBA veteran Doornekamp. Sad thing is, Doornekamp specifically got subbed in for the last play, when you had Ejim or Bennett available much better rebounders.
                      didn't watch the game because I knew we would win, so I golfed instead. didnt even check the score after golf because like I said I knew we would win. so got up this morning went golfing agian and found out we lost. did'nt care much for the weird foul call at the end, didnt even care much that same ref that made the weird call is the same ref that got to second base with the other teams coach on live tv. ( imagine for a second that the opposite happened and that ref did that to Triano ) First thought that came to my mind when i heard that we had lost by a bad ref was how in the hell could we even be in a position to allow a hometown ref to do that. I blame one person and that is the coach. also after veiwing this clip i noticed that the game clock says 0 seconds left and the shot clock says 1 second left (pause at 1:11) then i noticed that the refs left .03 seconds on the clock when he is shooting his ft. then i noticed that there was a .03 different in the time on the shot clock and the game clock. so why was the shot clock even on ? 100 PERCENT STILL ON CANADA NOT THE HOMETOWN REF.

Comment

• tonious35 wrote: View Post
                        Psssst...Triano sucks... lacks the Venezuelan guy's gusto
                        He also lacked his coaching ability. Venezuela were much better prepared to play that game.

They could not stop Olynick or Nicholson inside. Was like 80% success rate. They could have slowed the ball down, pounded it inside. If they were doubled kick it out to the open shooter. One would think Triano would have noticed that earlier and insisted on that game plan. Nicholson and Olynick inside, high low, all day.

Instead we had virtually every player on the roster handling the ball and playing right in to the press and trap. We couldn't take care of the ball. We had players taking long jumpers rather than going with what worked. That team had no answers to our post players.

There were no adjustments. The players were not calmed down. And triano seemed flustered in the time outs. I want him fired. I don't care if our coach is Canadian I want the best coach available. If Puerto Rico can get Rick fucking Pitino, can we please, pretty fucking please, hire a top notch coach if we're serious about being a top 3-5 team in the world or wen making the fucking Olympics.

Comment

• Even

Comment

This Argentina vs Mexico game is a barn burner so far

Scola and Nocioni haven't left the court

Ayon hasn't left the court for Mexico

And Triano put Wiggins and Stauskas on the bench for way to long. In games like this you ride you're starters. Doornekamp and Scrubb aren't gonna do better than Wiggins or Stauskas.
                            Stauskas was terrible. Turnstile defence. I have doubts he'll be able to play significant minutes in the nba level because he can't defend anybody.

Nicholson should have played a lot more. Early and often. He dominated inside offensively, when he was passed the ball.

Comment

• big boi wrote: View Post
                              Stauskas was terrible. Turnstile defence. I have doubts he'll be able to play significant minutes in the nba level because he can't defend anybody.

Nicholson should have played a lot more. Early and often. He dominated inside offensively, when he was passed the ball.
                              If stauskas is a turnstile on defense what do you call Heslip? Because Heslip was on the court over Stauskas and they both cannot defend

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk
                              "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

If stauskas is a turnstile on defense what do you call Heslip? Because Heslip was on the court over Stauskas and they both cannot defend

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk
                                Someone that can legitimately shoot.

Comment

Working...
                                X