Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
    Wiggins will still be the best player this summer
    No kidding. Dude is the 17th leading scorer in the NBA and he's still only 20 years old (for another couple weeks anyway).

In other news, not sure if you guys saw this from a few days ago:
    http://ftw.usatoday.com/2016/02/kobe...me-moves-video

Wiggins pulled a classic turnaround fade on Kobe and told him he got it from him. After the game Kobe said Wiggins and Lavine should train with him this summer.

So Wiggins is going to be mentored by KG and Kobe. Pretty sure any remaining doubts about his competitive fire will soon be put to bed.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
      Wiggins will still be the best player this summer
      Nik Stauskas maybe a vital piece also ... Lets not forget Kelly Olynyk

Comment

• guyroch wrote: View Post
        Nik Stauskas maybe a vital piece also ... Lets not forget Kelly Olynyk
        Tristan Thompson, we'd be in the Olympics already if he didn't have to sit out for the contract fiasco.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
          Tristan Thompson, we'd be in the Olympics already if he didn't have to sit out for the contract fiasco.
          To beat Venezuela ... The roster we had was good enough ... I think a better coach is the piece we missed the most ... This summer in 2 of the biggest games in the summer we laid a egg ..

Comment

To beat Venezuela ... The roster we had was good enough ... I think a better coach is the piece we missed the most ... This summer in 2 of the biggest games in the summer we laid a egg ..
            While a better coach may have made a difference, our youth and relative inexperience in the international game is where we were lacking most. This summer we will be improved just on the fact that the core got to play tough games last summer.
            Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

That Venezuela team upset more than just Canada. Their coach looked like a raging alcoholic who lives under a bridge until he gets the call to coach one of the latin American teams every year or two (he had coached like 6 or 7 different latin American teams).

Comment

• just curious has Murray fared as expected in Kentucky........I noticed they are not there powerhouse self compared to past years ...although some of the other vaunted freshmen have been way more inconstant than Jamal

please let me know your thoughts on my questions

Comment

• rightsideup wrote: View Post
                  just curious has Murray fared as expected in Kentucky........I noticed they are not there powerhouse self compared to past years ...although some of the other vaunted freshmen have been way more inconstant than Jamal

Only watched a few games, but it seems like the team is just too small.
                  "Stop eating your sushi."
                  "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                  "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                  - Jack Armstrong

Comment

just curious has Murray fared as expected in Kentucky........I noticed they are not there powerhouse self compared to past years ...although some of the other vaunted freshmen have been way more inconstant than Jamal

Murray is probably their best player, I'd say he has fared as expected, maybe better. Jimicliff is right that they're too small to be as good as they were last year, but they could easily win it all come tournament time, and the tournament will probably dictate how high he goes in the draft.

Comment

• WJF wrote: View Post
                      While a better coach may have made a difference, our youth and relative inexperience in the international game is where we were lacking most. This summer we will be improved just on the fact that the core got to play tough games last summer.
                      IF all hands on deck and experience under their belt and they fail bad this summer then I don't want to hear it is a learning
                      experience anymore or you have to learn to lose before you learn to win crap ... Jay has to get it done this summer ... He keeps being handed the best on paper team Canada roster but results aren't there ..

Comment

IF all hands on deck and experience under their belt and they fail bad this summer then I don't want to hear it is a learning
                        experience anymore or you have to learn to lose before you learn to win crap ... Jay has to get it done this summer ... He keeps being handed the best on paper team Canada roster but results aren't there ..
                        Agreed, if we miss out on the Olympics Triano needs to be fired on the spot. With the roster we have, tons of great NBA and college coaches would love to coach Team Canada. We don't need a Canadian guy that wasn't very successful in every head coaching gig.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
                          Agreed, if we miss out on the Olympics Triano needs to be fired on the spot. With the roster we have, tons of great NBA and college coaches would love to coach Team Canada. We don't need a Canadian guy that wasn't very successful in every head coaching gig.

Jack Donohue wasn't Canadian ... It shouldn't be a issue if your Canadian or not ...

Comment

Jack Donohue wasn't Canadian ... It shouldn't be a issue if your Canadian or not ...
                            I know the coach's nationality doesn't matter, but I feel like the only reason Triano is coach is because he's Canadian, some favoritism there, when there shouldn't be. I feel like we could get a Budenholzer, Kerr, or Steven's to coach our team. If you wanna go college, a Calipari, Izzo, or Pitino. Basically, whatever big names are left off the USA coaching squad.

Comment

Murray is the best player at UK this year...leading the team at 18.5/g which is in the top 5 of the conference and he's the highest scorer for his games played to date in the John Callipari era at UK. I mentioned this in another post but almost everyone connected to Canadian Basketball whether its Canada Basketball, Prep Schools, NLBC etc speak of Murray rated higher than Wiggins over the long run and scouts are predicting he could leap into the #2-#3 pick depending on his March Madness performance. Problem with UK peformance so far and their small ball lineup is just cause their prized recruit and potential Raptors pick Skal Labisserie has been a big flop so far and is coming off the bench.

guyroch wrote: View Post
                              well technically the best team on paper would be all the NBA Canadians which has not happened so far...I hope the roster for Manilla looks along the lines of
                              PG: Cory Joseph, Tyler Ennis
                              SG: Staukas, Murray
                              SF: Wiggins, Bennett, Lyles
                              PF: Thompson, Nicholson
                              C: Olynk, Powell

Sacre or Heslip rounding off.

Primer wrote: View Post
                              I know the coach's nationality doesn't matter, but I feel like the only reason Triano is coach is because he's Canadian, some favoritism there, when there shouldn't be. I feel like we could get a Budenholzer, Kerr, or Steven's to coach our team. If you wanna go college, a Calipari, Izzo, or Pitino. Basically, whatever big names are left off the USA coaching squad.
                              I personally love the fact that the National Canada Basketball team has a Canadian coach and based on Canada Basketball's stated goals and his relationship with Nash...Jay Triano is not going anywhere unless Canada does not qualify for the 2020 Olympics.

Comment

• ^2020 is way too long to wait. 2020 is our best shot at contending. By 2024 most of these guys will be on the wrong side of 30 and even Wiggins will be old-ish

I agree with others that the mentality for Canada basketball has to change. We're no longer just happy to be there. Jay triano- such a nice guy, great character, buddies with Steve..enough. put up or shut up, and fast. You wanna run with the big dogs? Well expect a goal medal game to have coach k, steph curry and durant across the court. This isnt time for loyalty and nice guys..I think we've all heard where nice guys finish.
                                9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Working...
                                X