Announcement

Collapse

Raptors Republic Android & iOS App

Hey guys and gals,

We're running a, how should I say, pilot or beta version of our new Raptors Republic app. We haven't made it official as we're still trying to work out some bugs while improving the user interface. So, its not the final version so expect to see more changes over the next while.

Anyhow, please feel free to download. Available on both Android & iPhone. It's absolutely free.

Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...rsrepublic.app

iOS: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/the-...6946?ls=1&mt=8

If we could ask a favour though. We're welcoming feedback and suggestions on perhaps things you'd like to see. At the end of the day we're doing this for you guys by making everything here easier available for you the user. Please send your feedback (Regardless if its positive or negative) to raptorsrepublic@gmail.com.

Thanks in advance and we hope you guys enjoy the application.
See more
See less

Canada Basketball

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Joey wrote: View Post
    Ya I think we've got enough capable minds here in Canada to take over the job for sure. I also think the program would be to 'proud' to hire a Foreign Coach. Unlike a program like Puero Rico who really have no business being competitive in International Competition.
    In regards to Jay I don't think mind is a issue when it comes to basketball ... He is been around basketball for his whole life and so there is nothing he hasn't seen but to me it something more then X and O's ... Head coach is an management of ego's and
    personalities ...

    Comment


    • guyroch wrote: View Post
      In regards to Jay I don't think mind is a issue when it comes to basketball ... He is been around basketball for his whole life and so there is nothing he hasn't seen but to me it something more then X and O's ... Head coach is an management of ego's and
      personalities ...
      When Team USA has Coach K, soon to be taken over by Poppovich, and we have Jay Triano, you know we're lagging behind way worse in the coaching department than the talent department.

      Comment


      • I hate all the coach bashing that goes on, it always seems to default back to this. Rautins got ripped on all the time and the guy did a decent job with what he had.

        Our players need to step up and buy in, after that happens we can blame a coach when we don't win.

        Remember the run USA had from 2002-2006, they were not very good, the competition was not taken seriously and the team suffered. Not a coaching issue, it was a player issue.

        We need to give this some time, it will work itself out.
        Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

        Comment


        • WJF wrote: View Post
          I hate all the coach bashing that goes on, it always seems to default back to this. Rautins got ripped on all the time and the guy did a decent job with what he had.

          .
          Oh yes his squads often achieved and I give him props for getting a team to the Worlds ...

          You say we need to give this time but how many times can we keep saying " you have to learn how to lose before you win "

          Comment


          • guyroch wrote: View Post
            Oh yes his squads often achieved and I give him props for getting a team to the Worlds ...

            You say we need to give this time but how many times can we keep saying " you have to learn how to lose before you win "
            Give him time or just hire a bad ass coach who is ready to go from day one. I lean towards the latter.

            Comment


            • I know we can use the fact that we were (are) a very young team as an excuse, but facts are facts. Our team is still figuring things out as professionals, the future is bright regardless of coach. Look what Luke Walton did with Golden State while Kerr was out. Do you think that was all Luke or the fact that he had an established group that knows how to play together?
              Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

              Comment


              • planetmars wrote: View Post
                I find it odd that in the National game the head coach doesn't have to be from the same country. A coach is part of the team, so should come from that country as well. But they do that in other sports (gymnast coaches are typically European for example).

                I'm not a fan of Triano at all.. doesn't seem like his guys are well prepared when the pressure is really on. Brad Stevens would be an awesome hire - if he was available.
                Sometimes the athletes themselves are not nationals of a certain country. International competition is riddled with people changing nationalities just to compete for a specific country (e.g. South Korean speed skaters representing Russia......).

                In many sports, you have coaches, trainers, etc. who are not the same nationality as the athlete(s). Amelie Mauresmo (French) is Andy Murray's (British) coach in tennis, for example. Coaches don't win medals anyway.

                I'm actually in favor of Canada hiring an American coach to coach our guys. Why not get the best to take our athletes to the next level?

                Comment


                • WJF wrote: View Post
                  I know we can use the fact that we were (are) a very young team as an excuse, but facts are facts. Our team is still figuring things out as professionals, the future is bright regardless of coach. Look what Luke Walton did with Golden State while Kerr was out. Do you think that was all Luke or the fact that he had an established group that knows how to play together?
                  Yeah, I'm skeptical of Luke Walton. I sort of feel like if you gave me (a nobody in basketball) that team, I'm pretty confident I can coach them to a very good record. Maybe he is a great coach, but I think the GSW's success under him was more so due to the player personnel than the coach.

                  Comment


                  • Jamal Murray 23 , 28 , 26 , 24 and 27 points in last 5 games and Wildcats after a mediocre start have turned it on a bit and seem to be peaking just before March madness ...

                    Comment


                    • Stauskas is finally starting to play better.

                      Over the past 14 days:

                      25 min, .538 FG, .550 3PT, 2.5 3PM, 10 pts, 2 reb, 2 ast, 0.8 stl

                      I was starting to lose faith in him, so it's nice to see he has found his shooting stroke. Could definitely carve out a Korver, Reddick type career if he can keep this up.

                      We need him to being playing well this summer too, as he'll either be the starter or backup SG, depending on Murray.

                      Comment


                      • Primer wrote: View Post
                        Stauskas is finally starting to play better.

                        Over the past 14 days:

                        25 min, .538 FG, .550 3PT, 2.5 3PM, 10 pts, 2 reb, 2 ast, 0.8 stl

                        I was starting to lose faith in him, so it's nice to see he has found his shooting stroke. Could definitely carve out a Korver, Reddick type career if he can keep this up.

                        We need him to being playing well this summer too, as he'll either be the starter or backup SG, depending on Murray.
                        We need him to be a knockdown shooter. Wiggins works best inside the arc as does Cory, and Tristan obviously stays in the paint. Olynyk can stretch but Stauskas needs to knock down catch and shoots. I'm sure Murray won't play this summer, being his entry year
                        It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

                        Comment


                        • KeonClark wrote: View Post
                          We need him to be a knockdown shooter. Wiggins works best inside the arc as does Cory, and Tristan obviously stays in the paint. Olynyk can stretch but Stauskas needs to knock down catch and shoots. I'm sure Murray won't play this summer, being his entry year
                          It's the Olympics though, I think there is a very good chance he plays.

                          Comment


                          • Primer wrote: View Post
                            It's the Olympics though, I think there is a very good chance he plays.
                            Well first it's the qualifying which we are apparently in tough to come out of
                            It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

                            Comment


                            • KeonClark wrote: View Post
                              Well first it's the qualifying which we are apparently in tough to come out of
                              The qualifier is after the draft, so I don't see why he wouldn't play.

                              Comment


                              • CNinja26 wrote: View Post
                                Yeah, I'm skeptical of Luke Walton. I sort of feel like if you gave me (a nobody in basketball) that team, I'm pretty confident I can coach them to a very good record. Maybe he is a great coach, but I think the GSW's success under him was more so due to the player personnel than the coach.
                                A coach's success is always due to the player personnel more than the coach.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X