No announcement yet.

Canada Basketball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [QUOTE=guyroch;595863]Jamal Murray 23 , 28 , 26 , 24 and 27 points in last 5 games and Wildcats after a mediocre start have turned it on a bit and seem to be peaking just before March madness ...[/QUOTEjust checked NBA draft.net he has moved up to 6th from 8th where he was last time I checked

Comment

• [QUOTE=rightsideup;596474]
      guyroch wrote: View Post
      Jamal Murray 23 , 28 , 26 , 24 and 27 points in last 5 games and Wildcats after a mediocre start have turned it on a bit and seem to be peaking just before March madness ...[/QUOTEjust checked NBA draft.net he has moved up to 6th from 8th where he was last time I checked
      Is it possible that Murray can be a Raptor ? The Knicks and Nuggets are sinking in the standings ...

Comment

• Love all my Canadian Basketball players but reflecting on Tristan Thompson this summer ... Really you wanted to be a max player ? A 7 point 9 rebound game player and a player when Lebron rests gets you only 2 points and 2 rebounds in a game ... I am not trashing him but putting everything in perspective ...

Comment

• guyroch wrote: View Post
          Love all my Canadian Basketball players but reflecting on Tristan Thompson this summer ... Really you wanted to be a max player ? A 7 point 9 rebound game player and a player when Lebron rests gets you only 2 points and 2 rebounds in a game ... I am not trashing him but putting everything in perspective ...
          Well, in his defense, he did get the contract he wanted. It's also not really a "max" deal anymore. He'll be making the same as Demarre Carroll next year, and his contract tops out at $18.5M in 2019-20. Basically, his agent did a great job getting him a contract that reflects his value under a $100M+ cap, 2 years before the $100M+ cap kicks in.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
            Well, in his defense, he did get the contract he wanted. It's also not really a "max" deal anymore. He'll be making the same as Demarre Carroll next year, and his contract tops out at $18.5M in 2019-20. Basically, his agent did a great job getting him a contract that reflects his value under a $100M+ cap, 2 years before the $100M+ cap kicks in.
            " He wanted a max " but settled for somewhere in the middle of what he wanted and what they were offering ... That is what I am saying his demand for Max was quite extreme for how his career has started .. I am not slamming the guy and happy for him but just saying if your going to demand Max in contract negotiations then be ready to be criticized when you put up numbers like 2 points 2 rebounds in a game ...

Comment

• What do you think will happen to AB after being put on Waviers ? Will he go to Europe or will he start working for the Raptors ? He is a great guy in the community ...

Comment

• guyroch wrote: View Post
                What do you think will happen to AB after being put on Waviers ? Will he go to Europe or will he start working for the Raptors ? He is a great guy in the community ...
                905 the rest of the season, then most likely Europe or China or Australia.

If by work for the Raptors you think he's done playing ball and will take some office job, I'd say zero percent chance of that.

Comment

• I'd bet Bennett's agents are working hard to find him a bottom feeder to sign with for the rest of the year, even at the cost of some unguaranteed salary in future seasons, to get him more NBA minutes before resorting to overseas play.
                  twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• At the expense of actually learning anything, I wouldn't mind seeing him go to China and just go Godzilla on their ass (I know that's a Japanese reference :P LOL). I think confidence is his biggest detriment .. and just being fat ... and I think if he just consistently got to be the man, and actually did well for himself, its the only boost he really needs. The talent is there I think. For him its just in between the ears.

Comment

• Looks like Trey Lyles has beat out Trevor Booker for that 3rd Big off the Bench in Utah! Good for him!

Comment

• jeez Dwight Powell had either the second or third best dunk on shaqs weekly review

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
                          Looks like Trey Lyles has beat out Trevor Booker for that 3rd Big off the Bench in Utah! Good for him!
                          Booker missed a flight and may have been sat a little longer because of that....but Lyles has had a decent rookie year. Nothing spectacular but good learning and enough minutes to make a difference.
                          Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

• rightsideup wrote: View Post
                            jeez Dwight Powell had either the second or third best dunk on shaqs weekly review
                            That thing was NASTY.

Comment

• Murray needs to get his head together and stop playing well.

Comment

• I don't care what the make up of our team is, or what position we need to fill, if Murray is available when the we're on the clock, take him. Don't think twice about it. The kid is a great talent and we can work around making him fit on our roster.

Comment

Working...
                                X