Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canada Basketball

mjt20mik wrote: View Post
    Honestly I don't even blame them. I think a lot of our guys (esp. Stauskas and Wiggins) would have played if the games were in a place much more safe.
    They pulled out of the Manila qualifier. Manila is as safe as the USA.

The Olympics (if we make it, but we probably don't because of the lack of talent on the roster) are a whole different story
    I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

• RepTdot wrote: View Post
      However, still not an excuse for Wiggins, Staukas & Lyles to skip out on Manilla to put us in a position to make that decision for RIO, the thinking behind "I wanna focus on off-season training" is flawed...Wiggins being the #1 option and go to star for team Canada winning a tournament would help his case with Thibs more than any gym sessions, Staukas lighting it up helps his case with Colangelo to be a key piece of Philly's future, Lyles being a key part of the system would help his case for playing time & role in Utah...so frustrating having this young players with still so much to prove in the league not take full advantage and especially not have Canadian pride when they preached that as part of the "Canadian movement"
      After living a couple years as millionaires in the unahted staytez uhv amurrika, seems that "Canadian pride/movement" has dissipated in a big way
      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Disappointed in Wiggins especially. He should be counted on as a leader.

Comment

• yabadabayolo wrote: View Post
          They pulled out of the Manila qualifier. Manila is as safe as the USA.

The Olympics (if we make it, but we probably don't because of the lack of talent on the roster) are a whole different story
          I think the pressure of playing in the Olympics after playing in the qualifier is there. These guys are probably just avoiding one so they don't have to play in the other..

Comment

• Ya, I'm pretty disappointed in these guys .. really thought this year was the year we'd make some noise and at least announce ourselves on the world stage ... bummer. Always next year?.. Lol

Comment

• Cory who played in ECF and logged substantial minutes is still going to participate and these guys didn't even play in playoffs lol
              Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• Powell may yet be available for the Philippines.

Source: http://www.fiba.com/oqt/philippines/...nada-oqt-squad

Comment

• I just did a tour with a bunch of people to Brazil. Manaus and Rio. A bunch of people pulled out. For a guy it's not really that scary physically, but if you're a in a relationship it can be pretty scary for the woman. Definitely if having kids is on the table. The idea of having a child with deformed head is pretty terrifying. And it's easily preventable. Don't go. There were a handful of guys where there girl friend or wife said nah, no way. And every woman invited pulled out.

So in the end, it's maybe hard to blame some people for not wanting to take the risk. And as someone said, if some of the players know they don't want to go to Rio, then they're not going to want to go to Manilla either.

It's too bad. I guess we blew our chance this olympics. Hopefully we can get the program back on track for the worlds.

Comment

• From CDC:

Q. - How long can Zika be transmitted to sex partners after initial infection?

A. - We don’t know. Zika virus RNA has been detected in semen up to 62 days after the onset of symptoms. CDC therefore recommends that men who have been diagnosed with Zika should consider using condoms or not having sex for at least 6 months.
                    If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
                      From CDC:

Q. - How long can Zika be transmitted to sex partners after initial infection?

A. - We don’t know. Zika virus RNA has been detected in semen up to 62 days after the onset of symptoms. CDC therefore recommends that men who have been diagnosed with Zika should consider using condoms or not having sex for at least 6 months.
                      Yeah not really an option most guys want to impose on themselves or have imposed on them.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
                        Ya, I'm pretty disappointed in these guys .. really thought this year was the year we'd make some noise and at least announce ourselves on the world stage ... bummer. Always next year?.. Lol
                        What does it say about those guys last summer .. They would rather quit then finish what the started .. Really instead of redemption and being pissed at what happen ... Let's just quit ... Sorry but it shows a lot about the character of Wiggins ..

Comment

• guyroch wrote: View Post
                          What does it say about those guys last summer .. They would rather quit then finish what the started .. Really instead of redemption and being pissed at what happen ... Let's just quit ... Sorry but it shows a lot about the character of Wiggins ..
                          100%
                          9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• RJ Barrett has a lot of promise. Athletic and versatile, he is the number one rated player in his class of 2019 ESPN rankings. Weird that he is turning 16 and about to start Grade 10 at Montverde Academy, which is where Ben Simmons played as a high schooler.

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=16069307

Comment

• RepTdot wrote: View Post
                              Cory Joseph is the only Canadian that wear his flag on his sleeve, glad to see Ennis is in too and some vet leadership with Joel Anthony....but Trey Lyles, Nik Staukas and Andrew Wiggins have no excuses...no draft, playoff or free agency conflict holding them back yet chose to skip out.....shameful. Considering the tryout roster is mainly euro/d-league/NCAA players...pretty shocked to not see Myck Kabongo involved.

*as taken from the main page
                              1. Shai Alexander- G
                              2. Joel Anthony- F
                              3. RJ Barrett- G
                              4. Sim Bhullar- F
                              5. Dillon Brooks-F
                              6. Chris Boucher- F
                              7. Jason Calliste- G
                              8. Melvin Ejim- F
                              9. Tyler Ennis- G
                              10. Brady Heslip- G
                              11. Tyson Hinz- F
                              12. Cory Joseph- G
                              13. Corey Johnson- G
                              14. Owen Klassen- F
                              15. Levon Kendall- F
                              16. Naz Mirtou-Long- G
                              17. Dyshawn Pierre- G
                              18. Philip Scrubb- G
                              19. Thomas Scrubb- G
                              How about Brady Heslip .. He played twice last summer for Canada

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                                Cory who played in ECF and logged substantial minutes is still going to participate and these guys didn't even play in playoffs lol
                                In agreement. I wish TSN or sports net would do big story on their lack of patriotism and start asking difficult questions to the players in question.

Comment

Working...
                                X