Announcement

Collapse

Raptors Republic Android & iOS App

Hey guys and gals,

We're running a, how should I say, pilot or beta version of our new Raptors Republic app. We haven't made it official as we're still trying to work out some bugs while improving the user interface. So, its not the final version so expect to see more changes over the next while.

Anyhow, please feel free to download. Available on both Android & iPhone. It's absolutely free.

Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...rsrepublic.app

iOS: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/the-...6946?ls=1&mt=8

If we could ask a favour though. We're welcoming feedback and suggestions on perhaps things you'd like to see. At the end of the day we're doing this for you guys by making everything here easier available for you the user. Please send your feedback (Regardless if its positive or negative) to raptorsrepublic@gmail.com.

Thanks in advance and we hope you guys enjoy the application.
See more
See less

Canada Basketball

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Just when we were questioning our faith in France as a basketball power, the real team showed up in the 4th quarter. Tony Parker is a mere shadow of his former self.

    Comment


    • rocwell wrote: View Post
      So it's Canada vs New Zealand!
      nope

      Comment


      • TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post
        nope
        ?

        Comment


        • TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post
          nope
          Uh, yes. Saturday morning.
          twitter.com/dhackett1565

          Comment


          • stretch wrote: View Post
            Just when we were questioning our faith in France as a basketball power, the real team showed up in the 4th quarter. Tony Parker is a mere shadow of his former self.
            I noticed by boxscores that France's guards were contained very well ....

            Comment


            • guyroch wrote: View Post
              I know France is basketball power but New Zealand often qualifies for world events ...

              France 23 points in 1st half ... A lot of ugly basketball being played in this tourney ..
              New Zealand often qualifies because they compete in the Oceania region, which is easily the worst region on the planet. It's just Australia, New Zealand, and a bunch of tiny islands you've never heard of.

              Comment


              • Primer wrote: View Post
                New Zealand often qualifies because they compete in the Oceania region, which is easily the worst region on the planet. It's just Australia, New Zealand, and a bunch of tiny islands you've never heard of.
                Yes but when they are there they do put up a fight ... I see they beat France in 2010 World's ... Just saying it will be a battle for
                Canada ...

                Comment


                • guyroch wrote: View Post
                  I noticed by boxscores that France's guards were contained very well ....
                  Heurtel (never heard of him before now) played point guard in the 4th quarter when the French offense came to life.

                  Comment


                  • Wonder if Levon Kendal is hurt ... He has had a lot of success of Canada in FIBA action . I find it hard to believe Scrub has passed him on the depth chart .. I do like that Jay has shortened his rotation ... The problem with last summer or having a deep rostrum is you want to play everyone ..

                    Comment


                    • guyroch wrote: View Post
                      Wonder if Levon Kendal is hurt ... He has had a lot of success of Canada in FIBA action . I find it hard to believe Scrub has passed him on the depth chart .. I do like that Jay has shortened his rotation ... The problem with last summer or having a deep rostrum is you want to play everyone ..
                      Playing 8 games in 9 days had some influence on spreading the minutes around in Mexico. This little thrilla in Manila is only 3 or 4 games in total.

                      Comment


                      • rocwell wrote: View Post
                        ?
                        It was answer to saying ... IT WILL BE NZL VS CANADA... like nope NZL messed up.

                        Comment


                        • TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post
                          It was answer to saying ... IT WILL BE NZL VS CANADA... like nope NZL messed up.
                          But it will be. NZL vs CAN on Saturday in the semi's because NZL lost.
                          twitter.com/dhackett1565

                          Comment


                          • In Italy ... The Semi's are Italy vs Mexico and Greece vs Croatia

                            In Serbia ... Serbia vs CZE and Latvia vs Puerto Rico

                            It seems more prettier ball is being played in these tourneys ie scoring seems higher ..
                            Last edited by guyroch; Fri Jul 8th, 2016, 10:03 AM.

                            Comment


                            • DanH wrote: View Post
                              But it will be. NZL vs CAN on Saturday in the semi's because NZL lost.
                              right. he suggested finals though. Good point though.

                              Comment


                              • http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sport...ticle30804621/


                                The Stauskas case is clearer. He needs to solidify his NBA future. The slender 6-foot-6 shooting guard saw solid court time with the woeful Philadelphia 76ers but has been easily muscled around in the NBA. He struggled on offence and defence.

                                “His first two years weren’t great,” said Paul Stauskas, Nik’s father.

                                A summer of international basketball wasn’t the answer. Since the regular season ended in mid-April, it’s been all about bulking up – and adding flexibility in yoga and pilates. Stauskas’s core strength has increased considerably. He has gained about 10 pounds of muscle, up from 205 and aiming for 220.

                                Choosing career over country wasn’t easy.

                                Stauskas is close with Steve Nash, general manager of the national team.

                                “When Steve calls and says, ‘Hey Nik, we need you for the team,’ it’s very difficult to say no,” Paul Stauskas said.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X