X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GOLDBLUM
    replied
    guyroch wrote: View Post

Well he didn't make a commitment . I do think some exemptions have to be made .. He is going to play until late June and you can't expect him to commit to a camp that may start next week .
    Yeah, it wasn’t that he declined to play. He declined to make a multi-year commitment.

Something tells me that if he’s available and he wants to play, they’ll find a spot for him.

That said, players who go to the NBA Finals often take the summer off to catch their breath.

Leave a comment:

• guyroch
    replied
    Primer wrote: View Post

Didn't Wiggins decline to play for Canada on our upcoming Olympics run?
    Well he didn't make a commitment . I do think some exemptions have to be made .. He is going to play until late June and you can't expect him to commit to a camp that may start next week .

Leave a comment:

• Primer
    replied
    Am I nuts but is there any correlation to Wiggins playing for Canada last summer and his success this season and post season . He got to be the " man "
    for the Canadian team ... The guy has so much raw talent and it's great he is using it on the defensive assignments and rebounds .
    Didn't Wiggins decline to play for Canada on our upcoming Olympics run?

Leave a comment:

• guyroch
    replied
    Am I nuts but is there any correlation to Wiggins playing for Canada last summer and his success this season and post season . He got to be the " man "
    for the Canadian team ... The guy has so much raw talent and it's great he is using it on the defensive assignments and rebounds .

Leave a comment:

• guyroch
    replied
    There were times we were just happy to sneak in and quailfy in Word Events ... This week 101-59 against Brazil , Canada 79-67 against Dominican Republic and 91 - 70 aginst Puerto Rico .... 3-0 and on off to the semi's in the FIBA Americas under 18 ...
    Well in 2022 they started off slow but left the best for last with a bronze ... Beating Argentina 81-57 in the Bronze medal game .. A team they lost earlier in the tourney ..

Canada v Argentina boxscore - FIBA U18 Americas Championship 2022 - 12 June - FIBA.basketball

Leave a comment:

• Primer
    replied
    planetmars wrote: View Post

CoJo and Olynyk are likely there because they are always committed to Canada basketball. But yeah CoJo should retire, and maybe be an assistant or something. He's not good. Would have preferred a kid like Sharpe or Mathurin if we wanted another guard.

We also gave spots to Ejim and Pangos even though they're not really that talented. But they have the international experience, and again always show up for Canada basketball.

Boucher, Clarke, Lyles, Thompson, Wiggins and the two kids from the 2022 draft (Sharpe/Mathurin) are the odd men out IMO.
    Hard to bitch about Ejim and Pangos when we get eliminated by teams with zero nba players. Have you seen the talent level that's been keeping us out of the Olympics? We lose to teams of D list foreign players who would never sniff an NBA roster.

Leave a comment:

• guyroch
    replied

CoJo and Olynyk are likely there because they are always committed to Canada basketball. But yeah CoJo should retire, and maybe be an assistant or something. He's not good. Would have preferred a kid like Sharpe or Mathurin if we wanted another guard.

We also gave spots to Ejim and Pangos even though they're not really that talented. But they have the international experience, and again always show up for Canada basketball.

Boucher, Clarke, Lyles, Thompson, Wiggins and the two kids from the 2022 draft (Sharpe/Mathurin) are the odd men out IMO.
    Olynyk is there cause his games translates very well to FIBA basketball . He is always Canada's leading scorers when he plays .. Again I see Boucher isn't committing . He always seems to have a excuse .. Oh well ..

It would really be nice if Tristian Thompson committed .. We don't really have a bruising Centre men who crash under the boards ..

I guess Nik Stakus only likes being Canadian when it gets him a TV gig on TSN .

Leave a comment:

• planetmars
    replied

That is quite the list .. Heck I would be pleased and excited if we even had 7 core commitment .. If you gave
    me a commitment of Murray, and SGA , Dillon Brooks , Dort , Olynyk , Barrett , and Dwight Powel I would
    be satisfied ... Sad to see Triston Thompson not on this list ..

We have to have a core of starting unit that get reps in with playing with each other ..

I love Cory's dedication but at this point he should pass the torch to the younger core .. His
    dreadful showing in the last event tourney shows he thinks he just has to show up .

Leave a comment:

• KeonClark
    replied
    golden wrote: View Post

Wiggins not playing was due to him being anti-JayTriano, not fairweather. GM Nash never should have brought back his good buddy to coach the team.
    To quote Chuck "I just don't like him. I gotta like a player just cause y'all like him?"

Leave a comment:

• golden
    replied
    KeonClark wrote: View Post

By 2024 Wiggins will likely be the 4th best player on that team. my stance hasn't changed. His fairweather ass can gtfo
    Wiggins not playing was due to him being anti-JayTriano, not fairweather. GM Nash never should have brought back his good buddy to coach the team.

Leave a comment:

• KeonClark
    replied
    Hotshot wrote: View Post

He played last year in team Canada most important tournament and was their best player so what do you want from him?! Got to lay more of the blame for lots of other Canadians for not committing. Suppose they would have won and qualified against the Czech Republic, If they would arrive to the Olympics with the exact same roster they wouldn't even be in the top 7. Lots of holes in the big men spots as well as the bench was ass.

Nobody gave Jamal Murray this much shit from missing time in between his rookie year and his injury last season as well as SGA.
    I don't like Wiggins.

Leave a comment:

• Hotshot
    replied
    I love Cory's dedication but at this point he should pass the torch to the younger core .. His
    dreadful showing in the last event tourney shows he thinks he just has to show up .
    I don't mind Cory at the backup spot but yes as a starter he was absolutely turrible and was outplayed by every opposition PG starter including team China.

Leave a comment:

• guyroch
    replied

Also per Eric Smith:

Rowan Barrett & Nick Nurse said this core committed to 3 things:

1. Be committed to 3 years...through Paris 2024
    2. We require you to be in camp no matter what
    3. Direct communication (while still respecting existing teams & agents etc)

Wiggins can't commit just yet to the 3 years, so is not in the 14-man core.
    That is quite the list .. Heck I would be pleased and excited if we even had 7 core commitment .. If you gave
    me a commitment of Murray, and SGA , Dillon Brooks , Dort , Olynyk , Barrett , and Dwight Powel I would
    be satisfied ... Sad to see Triston Thompson not on this list ..

We have to have a core of starting unit that get reps in with playing with each other ..

Leave a comment:

• The Great One
    replied
    Hotshot wrote: View Post

He played last year in team Canada most important tournament and was their best player so what do you want from him?! Got to lay more of the blame for lots of other Canadians for not committing. Suppose they would have won and qualified against the Czech Republic, If they would arrive to the Olympics with the exact same roster they wouldn't even be in the top 7. Lots of holes in the big men spots as well as the bench was ass.

Nobody gave Jamal Murray this much shit from missing time in between his rookie year and his injury last season as well as SGA.
    This

Leave a comment:

• Hotshot
    replied
    KeonClark wrote: View Post

By 2024 Wiggins will likely be the 4th best player on that team. my stance hasn't changed. His fairweather ass can gtfo

Leave a comment:

Working...
X