Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Canada Basketball

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Primer wrote: View Post
    Our athletes who bailed for no reason screwed us and they knew it. They should all be ashamed of themselves. Lookin at you Wiggins, Lyles, Stauskas, Olynkyk, etc...

    The utter lack of Canadian pride is depressing.
    Olynyk gets a major pass, IMO. Even though he was injured and nowhere close to being able to participate, he still took time to go to the camp and show support for the guys there.

    Comment


    • Primer wrote: View Post
      Our athletes who bailed for no reason screwed us and they knew it. They should all be ashamed of themselves. Lookin at you Wiggins, Lyles, Stauskas, Olynkyk, etc...

      The utter lack of Canadian pride is depressing.
      Olynkyk was dying to play but had a major injury .. Also the guy played many summers with National team for Leo ...

      Forget about it's the Olympics for a sec ... Wouldn't these guys love to see what a bunch of Canadians would do against the world ?

      Comment


      • guyroch wrote: View Post
        Olynkyk was dying to play but had a major injury .. Also the guy played many summers with National team for Leo ...

        Forget about it's the Olympics for a sec ... Wouldn't these guys love to see what a bunch of Canadians would do against the world ?
        Didn't we just experience just that last week in the Philippines and also last September in Mexico? After those two tournaments, what can one conclude?

        Comment


        • stretch wrote: View Post
          Didn't we just experience just that last week in the Philippines and also last September in Mexico? After those two tournaments, what can one conclude?
          I think he was talking about the guys that were not present. What could our true top 12 do vs. the world, not the the 12 we can get.
          Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

          Comment


          • stretch wrote: View Post
            Didn't we just experience just that last week in the Philippines and also last September in Mexico? After those two tournaments, what can one conclude?
            You are right ... In 1992 the U.S had the original Dream Team .... I am waiting for Canada dream team to occur ( Although last summer was the closest ) .... Now if last summer had Murray , Tristan then it would have been the dream team ...

            Comment


            • WJF wrote: View Post
              I think he was talking about the guys that were not present. What could our true top 12 do vs. the world, not the the 12 we can get.
              I think the proof is in the pudding and I do appreciate the efforts of the players that made the commitment and gave it their best shot.

              Could our top 12 beat France with Rudy?

              Comment


              • WJF wrote: View Post
                I think he was talking about the guys that were not present. What could our true top 12 do vs. the world, not the the 12 we can get.
                My question to the NBA ... Are you married to the dates set aside for Summer League ? Last I looked it is still summer and summer league could have started this week as to not conflict with summer league play ..

                Comment


                • you'll just have to live with missing a few key guys in most tournaments, other teams are usually in the same boat.

                  Comment


                  • AB is nearing an agreement with the Nets.. Jeez dude. Go to Europe.

                    Comment


                    • rocwell wrote: View Post
                      AB is nearing an agreement with the Nets.. Jeez dude. Go to Europe.
                      What are the Nets doing ? Collecting ex Raptors ... Brooklyn Nets Sign Luis Scola and Greivis Vasquez ..

                      They are tanking but have no 1st round pic ...

                      Comment


                      • guyroch wrote: View Post
                        Nik at ESP's covering it for TSN
                        I thought this guy skipped qualifying because it got in the way of his intense training and weight gain? Qualifying is over and between end of season and now we've seen him in his little suit and stupid grin working for tsn on raptors playoffs, nba draft and espys. While his country mates are laying it all on the line in manilla he's hamming it up on tv gigs, they did more to improve their basketball skills then he did.
                        Also wiggins is seen watching summer league chillin in vegas during manilla.

                        PUNKS. I cant imagine what joseph and Thompson must think of these guys when behind closed doors.
                        It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

                        Comment


                        • KeonClark wrote: View Post
                          I thought this guy skipped qualifying because it got in the way of his intense training and weight gain? Qualifying is over and between end of season and now we've seen him in his little suit and stupid grin working for tsn on raptors playoffs, nba draft and espys. While his country mates are laying it all on the line in manilla he's hamming it up on tv gigs, they did more to improve their basketball skills then he did.
                          Also wiggins is seen watching summer league chillin in vegas during manilla.

                          PUNKS. I cant imagine what joseph and Thompson must think of these guys when behind closed doors.
                          Oh by the way Nik was covering the draft for TSN also ... Still haven't figured why summer league play is so necessary for guys like Nik ? The calibre of play is more intense in FIBA events ... Heck I was watching a summer league game and coach was said " winning wasn't important ..
                          Last edited by guyroch; Fri Jul 15th, 2016, 10:38 PM.

                          Comment


                          • Stauskas probably wants his 2017-18 option to be picked up in October, so it's an important summer for him. If I'm Stauskas, I do whatever 76ers want me to do. If Colangelo wants me to be in the summer league, I'm in the summer, if he wants me to clean his house, I clean his house.

                            Comment


                            • Two years into his NBA career, two different bottom feeder teams, stats very underwhelming, what are the chances of Nik suddenly turning it around? Is there a comparison wing who had an abysmal start in the NBA and survived to have a long successful career? Probably, but no one comes readily to mind.

                              Comment


                              • guyroch wrote: View Post
                                Jay Triano " good growing experience " How many losing experiences are required ?
                                triano needs to gtfo.
                                the original brow

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X