Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Canada Basketball

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
    What do you guys think of us drafting Dillon Brooks with our pick?
    It's a bit of a reach but not as much as siakam. I like him a lot, especially this yr and last yr but I don't think he will have a lot of impact in the NBA. He's most effective as a stretch 4 at Oregon but he too small for it in NBA. He's more of a 3 in the NBA but not sure he's good enough to be more than a backup as best case.
    Then again, he could destroy at the tournament and shoot up the board. He's got a much better shot if someone commits a 1st to him.

    Comment


    • lewro wrote: View Post
      It's a bit of a reach but not as much as siakam. I like him a lot, especially this yr and last yr but I don't think he will have a lot of impact in the NBA. He's most effective as a stretch 4 at Oregon but he too small for it in NBA. He's more of a 3 in the NBA but not sure he's good enough to be more than a backup as best case.
      Then again, he could destroy at the tournament and shoot up the board. He's got a much better shot if someone commits a 1st to him.
      He gets to have the ball in his hands quite a bit with Oregon. He will be a wing player at the next level, he does not have the length that everyone is looking for now, but he has NBA strength already. His offensive game is similar to Carmelo Anthony, but unfortunately so is his defense. If he can show decent lateral quicks he could crack the first round, if not he is a second round flyer.
      Last edited by WJF; Tue Mar 7th, 2017, 06:33 PM.
      Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

      Comment


      • NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
        What do you guys think of us drafting Dillon Brooks with our pick?
        He seems like a PJ Tucker type of player or am I off with that comparison

        Comment


        • guyroch wrote: View Post
          He seems like a PJ Tucker type of player or am I off with that comparison
          Way more offensively gifted, way less defensively gifted.
          Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

          Comment


          • Solid game from Kimball McKenzie today. Led all scorers with 23 pts - 7/15 fg, 5/7 from 3.

            Comment


            • lewro wrote: View Post
              Solid game from Kimball McKenzie today. Led all scorers with 23 pts - 7/15 fg, 5/7 from 3.
              He made a big jump in his sophomore year, would like to see him develop as a true lead guard as he is a pretty small combo guard right now. Nice shooter with some craftiness, nice player to follow moving forward.

              Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

              Comment


              • Disappointed Jackson with Maryland had such a quick end to his tournament; I suspect he stays there one more year, although for a guy for whom his 3-point shot was seen as the thing that would hold him back, it has to be tempting to jump into a draft after averaging .438 for the season on over 3atg. Guys with great measurements tend to rise in scouting process. Wouldn't hurt for him to at least explore the process and then return to Maryland if he felt he wasn't rising into the late first round.

                On the other hand, I'm happy to see Duane Notice have a good tournament in the last of what's been overall an underwhelming college career. His defense has been huge for the Gamecocks, and I think he could have a solid career as a sub-NBA pro.
                Last edited by octothorp; Tue Mar 21st, 2017, 04:07 PM.

                Comment


                • octothorp wrote: View Post
                  Disappointed Jackson with Maryland had such a quick end to his tournament; I suspect he stays there one more year, although for a guy for whom his 3-point shot was seen as the thing that would hold him back, it has to be tempting to jump into a draft after averaging .438 for the season on over 3atg. Guys with great measurements tend to rise in scouting process. Wouldn't hurt for him to at least explore the process and then return to Maryland if he felt he wasn't rising into the late first round.

                  On the other hand, I'm happy to see Duane Notice have a good tournament in the last of what's been overall an underwhelming college career. His defense has been huge for the Gamecocks, and I think he could have a solid career as a sub-NBA pro.
                  My wife isn't a basketball fan but she did ask me out of the blue have I heard of Duane Notice cause his father teaches at her school ...

                  Do you think he is either a 1st or second round pick ..

                  Comment


                  • octothorp wrote: View Post
                    Disappointed Jackson with Maryland had such a quick end to his tournament; I suspect he stays there one more year, although for a guy for whom his 3-point shot was seen as the thing that would hold him back, it has to be tempting to jump into a draft after averaging .438 for the season on over 3atg. Guys with great measurements tend to rise in scouting process. Wouldn't hurt for him to at least explore the process and then return to Maryland if he felt he wasn't rising into the late first round.

                    On the other hand, I'm happy to see Duane Notice have a good tournament in the last of what's been overall an underwhelming college career. His defense has been huge for the Gamecocks, and I think he could have a solid career as a sub-NBA pro.
                    My wife isn't a basketball fan but she did ask me out of the blue have I heard of Duane Notice cause his father teaches at her school ...

                    Have not seen much of him ... What is his upside ... Will he is either a 1st or second round pick ..
                    Last edited by guyroch; Wed Mar 22nd, 2017, 09:34 AM.

                    Comment


                    • guyroch wrote: View Post
                      My wife isn't a basketball fan but she did ask me out of the blue have I heard of Duane Notice cause his father teaches at her school ...

                      Have not seen much of him ... What is his upside ... Will he is either a 1st or second round pick ..
                      Canadian Kia Nurse leads UConn to Sweet 16 with record-tying 9 3-pointers

                      Comment


                      • guyroch wrote: View Post
                        My wife isn't a basketball fan but she did ask me out of the blue have I heard of Duane Notice cause his father teaches at her school ...

                        Have not seen much of him ... What is his upside ... Will he is either a 1st or second round pick ..
                        I don't see him as really getting a look at getting drafted, but wouldn't surprise me if the Raptors gave him a courtesy tryout and some other teams do as well. I think he's got to polish his game in the d-league or Europe first and in particular he probably needs to find consistency with his shot, as his NBA ceiling is probably as reserve 3&D guard.

                        Comment


                        • http://www.draftexpress.com/article/...-reports-5896/

                          I knew Thon maker had a brother at Orangeville but I guess he has a cousin too. I think they all intend to play for the Aussies tho?

                          Comment


                          • guyroch wrote: View Post
                            He seems like a PJ Tucker type of player or am I off with that comparison
                            He's more like Carmelo Anthony.

                            Comment


                            • Last nights D - League Finals game 2 it was a battle between Saikam and Vipers Kyle Wiltjer Kyle had 25 and 12 boards

                              Comment


                              • It seems the FIBA America's is a two man race .. The Under 16 just finished with both U,S and Canada acted like the Cavs and Warriors in the NBA playoffs with team U.S acting like the super team and drubbing Canada .

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X