Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Canada Basketball

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
    I guess that answers the question of who was replacing Chad Ford after ESPN pink-slipped him.
    Rise of the Internet Basement Dwellers.

    Good for Jonathan Givony - he created a quality website, but was once just a hack like the rest of us.....

    “I can’t say that we started with this mission statement and a business model and goals for everything. It really wasn’t like that. I had no idea it was gonna evolve into a full-time job. It was just like, let’s throw some shit up on the Internet. I didn’t know anything about basketball when I started this thing. I was clueless.”

    That’s Jonathan Givony, founder and president of DraftExpress, one of the most prominent, influential, and trusted NBA draft publications around. He adds, “The good thing was that nobody was really paying attention to us for the first five years.”
    http://grantland.com/features/2014-n...s-johan-petro/

    Comment


    • 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
      I guess that answers the question of who was replacing Chad Ford after ESPN pink-slipped him.
      Rise of the Internet Basement Dwellers.

      Good for Jonathan Givony - he created a quality website, but was once just a hack like the rest of us.....

      http://grantland.com/features/2014-n...s-johan-petro/

      Comment


      • End of the road for another Canadian?

        https://mobile.twitter.com/wojespn/s...16275580907521

        Comment


        • Jclaw wrote: View Post
          End of the road for another Canadian?

          https://mobile.twitter.com/wojespn/s...16275580907521
          Actually it's a good thing. For us. Especially if European club signs him. We need players for qualification.

          Comment


          • Jclaw wrote: View Post
            End of the road for another Canadian?

            https://mobile.twitter.com/wojespn/s...16275580907521
            Andrew has some skills, he just never found himself in a regualr situation for minutes. He had a very good rookie year with Orlando, was a non-factor the next two years then had a decent 4th season. He bounced to Washington and Brooklyn but raley saw the floor. Not a great defender, but he can stick it in the hoop and has 3 point range.
            Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

            Comment


            • rocwell wrote: View Post
              Actually it's a good thing. For us. Especially if European club signs him. We need players for qualification.
              I don't think the Euro League is releasing players. http://www.aipsmedia.com/2017/07/07/...gue-basketball
              Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

              Comment


              • WJF wrote: View Post
                I don't think the Euro League is releasing players. http://www.aipsmedia.com/2017/07/07/...gue-basketball

                Damn Euroleague is still fucking around. That company is full of fuckboys. Insurance is in place. Couple years ago all domestic leagues have approved new calendar....

                Funny how Euroleague decided to change their tournament format after they found about new FIBA calendar. Lol.

                Comment


                • rocwell wrote: View Post
                  Damn Euroleague is still fucking around. That company is full of fuckboys. Insurance is in place. Couple years ago all domestic leagues have approved new calendar....

                  Funny how Euroleague decided to change their tournament format after they found about new FIBA calendar. Lol.
                  If the NBA is not changing their schedule, why should the Euro League not take steps to make their league better with more games?
                  Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

                  Comment


                  • WJF wrote: View Post
                    If the NBA is not changing their schedule, why should the Euro League not take steps to make their league better with more games?
                    1) Euroleague schedule wasn't in serious conflict before tournament changes. FIBA acted in good faith and gave nearly 4 years notice.
                    2) Domestic leagues have more voting power than Euroleague already and all European leagues unanimously approved new FIBA calendar.
                    3) FIBA was very transparent from the start and they didn't threaten anyone, clearly Euroleague is still pissed about FIBA Europe threats.

                    You think it's just a coincidence that Euroleague changed it's tournament format after they found out about FIBA plans? Maybe, but why they took two full seasons to inform about their decision?

                    EuroLeague is evil. They've been sued by pretty much every European basketball country in the last 10 years. It's obvious they're pissed about FIBA Europe threats and newly formed league "Champions League".

                    Don't get me wrong, FIBA is shady as fuck too. They surely deserve to get fucked, but that's unfair to us. Sucks.
                    Last edited by rocwell; Wed Jul 26th, 2017, 02:26 PM.

                    Comment


                    • Our young women ( under 19 World Championship ) are following the foot steps of the young men . They are off to the Quarters ...

                      Comment


                      • Khem Birch has signed a contract with the Orlando Magic. Details not announced, but apparently likely to be simply a training camp invite, or one of the two-way contracts.

                        Comment


                        • Ebonhawke wrote: View Post
                          Khem Birch has signed a contract with the Orlando Magic. Details not announced, but apparently likely to be simply a training camp invite, or one of the two-way contracts.
                          I read it was a two year deal....
                          Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

                          Comment


                          • WJF wrote: View Post
                            I read it was a two year deal....
                            Two year, minimum, partial guarantee is what I saw.
                            twitter.com/dhackett1565

                            Comment


                            • I always thought Birch had the makings of a solid end-of-bench energy roleplayer in a Quincy Acy with better defense sort of mold; I'd love to see him get a serious shot to stick.

                              Comment


                              • I think he is the type of big that gives you rim protection and can switch out on the pick and roll. If he comes in the game, rebounds, runs the floor, and plays D, he will sticj for a few years. Any offense you get from him will be a bonus.
                                Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X