Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Canada Basketball

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • KeonClark wrote: View Post
    It's a shame on senior mens has to try and qualify for tournaments with a roster will like that..this will still be the case for the Olympic qualifying? Really puts us at a disadvantage because the USA Spain etc are already in and don't need to use their NBA players
    Any roster add changes ? I noticed Sheppard ... I have followed him since his HS days ...

    Comment


    • Yeah, lots of roster changes since the last one.

      In:
      Anderson
      Best
      Ejim
      Landry
      Peter-McNeilly
      Shepherd

      Out:
      Glaze
      Hanlan
      Klassen
      XRM
      Phil Scrubb
      Trasolini


      Glad to see Ejim in this time, I think he's one of the more important non-NBA guys as SF is a position of weakness for the program overall.

      Comment


      • octothorp wrote: View Post
        Yeah, lots of roster changes since the last one.

        In:
        Anderson
        Best
        Ejim
        Landry
        Peter-McNeilly
        Shepherd

        Out:
        Glaze
        Hanlan
        Klassen
        XRM
        Phil Scrubb
        Trasolini


        Glad to see Ejim in this time, I think he's one of the more important non-NBA guys as SF is a position of weakness for the program overall.
        Also nice to see Anderson also ... He has a lot of FIBA experience

        Comment


        • octothorp wrote: View Post
          Yeah, lots of roster changes since the last one.

          In:
          Anderson
          Best
          Ejim
          Landry
          Peter-McNeilly
          Shepherd

          Out:
          Glaze
          Hanlan
          Klassen
          XRM
          Phil Scrubb
          Trasolini


          Glad to see Ejim in this time, I think he's one of the more important non-NBA guys as SF is a position of weakness for the program overall.
          XRM and Phil Scrub are big loses. I hope Anderson has the legs to play these two games as he will need to play a big role running the offense. Ejim is a nice addition! I have not heard much from Shepherd the last couple years, he gives the team that athletic slasher that could cause problems if he is on his game.
          Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

          Comment


          • WJF wrote: View Post
            XRM and Phil Scrub are big loses. I hope Anderson has the legs to play these two games as he will need to play a big role running the offense. Ejim is a nice addition! I have not heard much from Shepherd the last couple years, he gives the team that athletic slasher that could cause problems if he is on his game.
            I may sound like a broken record but heck Nash at 44 could still carry us to victory in these two mini games .. I do agree Anderson is 35 and lets hope he still has something left in the tank .

            Comment


            • WJF wrote: View Post
              XRM and Phil Scrub are big loses. I hope Anderson has the legs to play these two games as he will need to play a big role running the offense. Ejim is a nice addition! I have not heard much from Shepherd the last couple years, he gives the team that athletic slasher that could cause problems if he is on his game.

              Canada cruises to win in FIBA World Cup qualifier ...

              As per WJF Melvin Ejim put on a show with 28 points and Captain Canada Brady Heslip had a strong night with 22 points ... Virgin Islands team cause of this new formant could only dress 8 players .. Cause of the storm that destroyed their Island their home game had to be played on the road ..

              https://www.thestar.com/sports/baske...qualifier.html

              Comment


              • guyroch wrote: View Post
                Canada cruises to win in FIBA World Cup qualifier ...

                As per WJF Melvin Ejim put on a show with 28 points and Captain Canada Brady Heslip had a strong night with 22 points ... Virgin Islands team cause of this new formant could only dress 8 players .. Cause of the storm that destroyed their Island their home game had to be played on the road ..

                https://www.thestar.com/sports/baske...qualifier.html
                Big games are coming up. We have to win both if we're thinking about 1st place out of this group.

                Comment


                • Any chance someone has a link to a free stream, cant find gameon reddit.
                  Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

                  Comment


                  • WJF wrote: View Post
                    Any chance someone has a link to a free stream, cant find gameon reddit.
                    I'm watching it on livebasketball.tv

                    Look for a free stream here http://www.stream2watch.eu/basketball

                    Comment


                    • So we have to finish top 3 in the group to qualify for the Olympics correct? Doesn't that mean we are already in? The Bahamas are 0-4 so even if they win those next 2 games in the summer they wont finish top 3.

                      Comment


                      • NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                        So we have to finish top 3 in the group to qualify for the Olympics correct? Doesn't that mean we are already in? The Bahamas are 0-4 so even if they win those next 2 games in the summer they wont finish top 3.
                        No. Top 3 teams will qualify for second round. In the second round, top teams will be placed in a group with three other top teams. Top 3 teams from that "second round" group will qualify for 2019 FIBA World Cup.

                        Comment


                        • Well we are 3-1 and are off till July when we will get some help from some NBA teams .

                          Comment


                          • rocwell wrote: View Post
                            No. Top 3 teams will qualify for second round. In the second round, top teams will be placed in a group with three other top teams. Top 3 teams from that "second round" group will qualify for 2019 FIBA World Cup.
                            Alright that makes much more sense. Hopefully we get Murray, Lyles, Wiggins, Barrett and Olynck to play

                            Comment


                            • Yeah, our last two games this round are at home (Toronto and Ottawa), and are still really important, as Dominican and probably Virgin Islands will advance to the next round, meaning results against them in the first round are carried over to the next round. If we lose the game against Dominican, we've lost the first tie-breaker to them in the next round as well, with no head-to-head games remaining, making it a really tough climb to finish ahead of them.

                              I really, really hate the fact that this could come down to games against Venezuela.

                              Comment


                              • Thibs is fucking insane. Wolves are up by 20 and Wiggins is on the floor...

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X