Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Canada Basketball

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • LJ2 wrote: View Post
    The recent trend of highly drafted busts from Canada is unsettling. No one in recent memory has lived up to expectations.
    Olynyk and Joseph exceeded them, TT at least met them.
    "Stop eating your sushi."
    "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
    "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
    - Jack Armstrong

    Comment


    • JimiCliff wrote: View Post
      Olynyk and Joseph exceeded them, TT at least met them.
      Yeah I don't think we've really had too many Canadian busts, we're just hungry for that first Canadian star or superstar since Steve Nash

      Wiggins was supposed to be the next great NBA player and Canadian leader, and he's neither. womp womp
      It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

      Comment


      • The only true 'bust' would be Bennett, and it was ridiculous that he was drafted so high to begin with.
        "Stop eating your sushi."
        "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
        "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
        - Jack Armstrong

        Comment


        • JimiCliff wrote: View Post
          The only true 'bust' would be Bennett, and it was ridiculous that he was drafted so high to begin with.
          He would've been a bust if he was drafted anywhere in a lottery
          Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

          Comment


          • JimiCliff wrote: View Post
            The only true 'bust' would be Bennett, and it was ridiculous that he was drafted so high to begin with.
            That whole draft was almost all trash. Kind of fitting for Bennett to be the flag bearer.

            Comment


            • To be fair to Bennet he may have performed better if he was drafted somewhere in the 20's. Less pressure. More incentive to work hard. Less fear of screwing up. If you think it was hard watching him, imagine BEING him and thinking "Hey, everyone says I'm good, and I was drafted #1," and then actually getting to play against real NBA competition and knowing there was no way you were going to meet expectations.

              Comment


              • Puffer wrote: View Post
                To be fair to Bennet he may have performed better if he was drafted somewhere in the 20's. Less pressure. More incentive to work hard. Less fear of screwing up. If you think it was hard watching him, imagine BEING him and thinking "Hey, everyone says I'm good, and I was drafted #1," and then actually getting to play against real NBA competition and knowing there was no way you were going to meet expectations.
                Hey for the amount of money he got payed for being drafted 1st overall, I would take everything he endured then being drafted 20.

                Comment


                • Hotshot wrote: View Post
                  Hey for the amount of money he got payed for being drafted 1st overall, I would take everything he endured then being drafted 20.
                  No argument there. I'm not suggesting he was hard done by, just recognizing he wound up in what would be a mentally and emotionally difficult positionm through no fault of his own. He couldn't reasonably meet any of those expectations. It couldn't be easy dissappointing fans, team mates and coaching staff everytime you touched the ball.

                  Comment


                  • RJ Barrett is the truth. He's no Andrew Wiggins.

                    Comment


                    • JimiCliff wrote: View Post
                      The only true 'bust' would be Bennett, and it was ridiculous that he was drafted so high to begin with.
                      The only idiots are the Cavs ... They could have traded down in the draft cause Bennett was on nobody's draft board in the top 6 .


                      Puffer wrote: View Post
                      To be fair to Bennet he may have performed better if he was drafted somewhere in the 20's. Less pressure. More incentive to work hard. Less fear of screwing up. If you think it was hard watching him, imagine BEING him and thinking "Hey, everyone says I'm good, and I was drafted #1," and then actually getting to play against real NBA competition and knowing there was no way you were going to meet expectations.
                      I do agree with you about his time in Cleveland but when he got to his 3rd and 4th NBA gig when nothing really was expected cause team took a chance on him then this pressure of being drafted 1st is no longer a factor and he still failed .
                      Last edited by guyroch; Thu Jun 28th, 2018, 08:37 AM.

                      Comment


                      • Sonny wrote: View Post
                        RJ Barrett is the truth. He's no Andrew Wiggins.
                        I am so looking to Friday night and watching RJ and Canada play ... More excited then when I am going to see the Raptors game ... What is great about cheering for Canadian players while watching a Canadian game is everyone on the roster will be forever playing for Canada . RJ will never sign with the German national team or get traded to another country . I haven't missed one national team game in 15 years .

                        https://twitter.com/timandsid/status...00023117479937

                        Great interview with Tim and Sid ( @DwightPowell33 & @KellyOlynyk )

                        Comment


                        • Decent first half against DR tonight, Barrett and Nembhard both playing big roles. Surprised to see no Boucher, Nicholson, or Bennett, given that offensive rebounds have been an issue and another big body would help.

                          Comment


                          • Canada turns a 10 point game going into the 4th into a 36 point win, rolling up a huge point-differential. Should be in good standing to win the group, depending on scores from the last two games (Only way DR wins the group is if they beat Bahamas by more than 40 points more than what Canada beats Virgin Islands by).
                            But all results from the first round are carried into the second, so all points that Canada can get against Virgin Islands counts for future tie-breaking purposes.
                            Last edited by octothorp; Fri Jun 29th, 2018, 10:32 PM.

                            Comment


                            • octothorp wrote: View Post
                              Decent first half against DR tonight, Barrett and Nembhard both playing big roles. Surprised to see no Boucher, Nicholson, or Bennett, given that offensive rebounds have been an issue and another big body would help.
                              Boucher & Nicholson were cut from the team in favor of the Scrubb brothers. Seems like Triano has his favorites, regardless of overall talent.

                              Comment


                              • Hotshot wrote: View Post
                                Boucher & Nicholson were cut from the team in favor of the Scrubb brothers. Seems like Triano has his favorites, regardless of overall talent.
                                It could be cause we will need the Scrub brothers when no NBA players will be available ..

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X