No announcement yet.

Canada Basketball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've always thought he had an NBA game.

Comment

• Haha Thabeet in that scrum....

Comment

• OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
        Haha Thabeet in that scrum....
        Lol he's so garbage. One of the all time draft busts

Comment

• More on Helip from the NY Times this morning:

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/11/19/sp...s&emc=rss&_r=0

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
            I've always thought he had an NBA game.
            Unfortunately, he looked terrible in the pre-season with the Wolves. I saw one game and he was completely rattled by NBA pressure defence - even just bringing the ball up the court. He's going to need super high BBIQ to overcome his athletic disadvantages. Dude can stroke it, though, and the NBA is becoming a shooter's league. Hope he gets another shot. Maybe a team like the Pelicans, with all those dribble drive type of guards.

Comment

• I once played 2-on-2 vs. Heslip and his dad. Brady was probably 10 years old....and he still kicked my ass.

Comment

• Nik Stauskas is a shooter but he is sooo struggling in his rookie year so far ... I have said it before ... I twice saw Brady live and always scatched my head in warm ups why is this guy on this floor and then the game gets on and among giants he becomes leading scorer in the game ...

Comment

• So what do you guys think the roster is like for qualification for 2016 in the summer?

Joseph
                  Stauskas
                  Wiggins
                  Thompson
                  Olynyk

with Ennis, Sacre, Nicholson, Heslip and Dwight Powell off the bench (assuming Joel isn't playing)

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                    Unfortunately, he looked terrible in the pre-season with the Wolves. I saw one game and he was completely rattled by NBA pressure defence - even just bringing the ball up the court. He's going to need super high BBIQ to overcome his athletic disadvantages. Dude can stroke it, though, and the NBA is becoming a shooter's league. Hope he gets another shot. Maybe a team like the Pelicans, with all those dribble drive type of guards.
                    Heslip did not get a chance to play in preseason, just 8.7 minutes, 2 of 5 in field goals and just one turnover.

Comment

• Jrice9 wrote: View Post
                      So what do you guys think the roster is like for qualification for 2016 in the summer?

Joseph
                      Stauskas
                      Wiggins
                      Thompson
                      Olynyk

with Ennis, Sacre, Nicholson, Heslip and Dwight Powell off the bench (assuming Joel isn't playing)
                      What about Bennet, Scrubb, Bachynski, Birch....
                      Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

• WJF wrote: View Post
                        What about Bennet, Scrubb, Bachynski, Birch....
                        Bennett is the one I forgot.

He has a decent case for the starting 4 spot or a quick spot off the bench.

The other 3 are of less quality imo though probably some do get on the roster.

Trey Lyles also is a name of note.

He was a top recruit for Kentucky and is projected to be a lottery pick in the next two years

Comment

• I think some of the international vets may be in the mix too: Levon Kendall, Doornekamp, Jermaine Anderson. Those names might not be exciting high-upside guys, but in a tournament we NEED to do well in, they may have a role. Kris Joseph maybe, given that he's at our weakest position. I also wouldn't rule out Kyle Wiltjer.

Comment

• I would put Kevin Pangos on the future national team roster. He has consistently excelled in FIBA tournaments and he plays the most important position.

Getting back to the Brady Heslip video, is there any D in the D League?

Comment

• Yeah, I like Pangos as a future guard in the program, though possibly not as soon as next summer's qualifying. But maybe.

The strength of our team is going to be our ability to stretch the floor with big-men. Olynyk, Bennett, Powell, Nicholson, Lyles, and Wiltjer potentially give us potentially better floor-spacing than any other international program, especially when combined with more natural perimeter guys like Stauskas, Heslip, and Wiggins. The national-team would do well to plan an offence that capitalizes on the advantage that this gives us, because it's an advantage that isn't reliant on any one player. Of course, relying too heavily on 3-point shooting in a single-elimination tournament is dangerous, but the threat of these guys getting hot should be enough to open up the paint for our back-court, and Joseph is the perfect guy to take advantage of that. None of those bigs are defensive stalwarts, which is why you need to keep guys like Thompson in the mix, and you hope that Joseph and Wiggins can limit guys getting into the paint. Still, I think you've got a lot of guys who have skills that are a natural compliment for one another, and it's on the coaching staff to shape that into an effective offence that guys can learn quickly.

Comment

• http://www.nytimes.com/2014/11/19/sp...-nba.html?_r=0

Wow New York Times . Even wow what a story ... After Senior year of HS only one team recruited him Guelph ..
                                Last edited by guyroch; Thu Nov 20, 2014, 10:03 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X