Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Canada Basketball

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QRvGeIpwPgA

    Can Jamal Murray Make The Leap? | The Ringer

    Comment


    • Roster announced for next FiBA game ..

      Canada roster:





      Joel Anthony Centre
      Aaron Best Guard
      Brady Heslip Guard
      Kaza Kajami-Keane Guard
      Kyle Landry Centre
      Conor Morgan Forward
      Duane Notice Guard
      Dyshawn Pierre Forward
      Xavier Rathan-Mayes Guard
      Phil Scrubb Guard
      Thomas Scrubb
      Kyle Wiltjer Forward

      Comment


      • So with the new rules for G-league teams able to offer players out of highschool one-year, $125,000 contracts, I wonder if it would be an option for the 905 to set aside a couple roster spots to offer to top Canadian players. Top NCAA programs probably give them more exposure than playing in the G-league, but the GL might be better for developing players in a focused environment.

        Comment


        • octothorp wrote: View Post
          ...Top NCAA programs probably give them more exposure than playing in the G-league, but the GL might be better for developing players in a focused environment.
          This might be debatable, with the scouting that goes on at the G League level and the attendance at top tournaments of good high school players. Not many guys that CAN make it at the NBA level that are unheralded. A player doing well in the G League is going to get noticed right away.

          Comment


          • So I guess Andrew Wiggins is getting worse? What a disappointment.
            "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

            Comment


            • S.R. wrote: View Post
              So I guess Andrew Wiggins is getting worse? What a disappointment.
              huh?

              Comment


              • octothorp wrote: View Post
                So with the new rules for G-league teams able to offer players out of highschool one-year, $125,000 contracts, I wonder if it would be an option for the 905 to set aside a couple roster spots to offer to top Canadian players. Top NCAA programs probably give them more exposure than playing in the G-league, but the GL might be better for developing players in a focused environment.
                All the top highschool stars would jump on that opportunity. NCAA cupboard is going to be barren soon.

                Comment


                • This is a disturbing trend when it comes to Andrew Wiggins.

                  FTA per game

                  14/15 5.7
                  15/16 7.0
                  16/17 6.6
                  17/18 3.8
                  18/19 2.3 (1.6 since the Jimmy Butler trade)

                  Comment


                  • rocwell wrote: View Post
                    huh?
                    guyroch wrote: View Post
                    This is a disturbing trend when it comes to Andrew Wiggins.

                    FTA per game

                    14/15 5.7
                    15/16 7.0
                    16/17 6.6
                    17/18 3.8
                    18/19 2.3 (1.6 since the Jimmy Butler trade)
                    He sucks and he's getting worse. Butler's gone and Wiggins should be stepping up as their key perimeter scorer, but instead he's still...wait for it...getting worse.

                    Apparently Wiggins peaked at age 21. Either something's wrong with the water in Minnesota or he needs a Charles Oakley life coach.
                    "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

                    Comment


                    • S.R. wrote: View Post
                      He sucks and he's getting worse. Butler's gone and Wiggins should be stepping up as their key perimeter scorer, but instead he's still...wait for it...getting worse.

                      Apparently Wiggins peaked at age 21. Either something's wrong with the water in Minnesota or he needs a Charles Oakley life coach.
                      Wiggins already acheived his ultimate goal in life: he got his second NBA contract at the max. Deyonta Davis is green with envy.

                      Comment


                      • There should be stipulations with these big contracts. If you stink it up you dont get paid
                        In full

                        Comment


                        • Yuri Gagarin wrote: View Post
                          There should be stipulations with these big contracts. If you stink it up you dont get paid
                          In full
                          Nah whoever approved giving Wiggins 35 million a year deserves all the pain thats coming with it.
                          It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

                          Comment


                          • Yuri Gagarin wrote: View Post
                            There should be stipulations with these big contracts. If you stink it up you dont get paid
                            In full
                            There are... if you play better you get MORE money. NBA Agents would never agree to the opposite - where you lose money.

                            Comment


                            • S.R. wrote: View Post
                              He sucks and he's getting worse. Butler's gone and Wiggins should be stepping up as their key perimeter scorer, but instead he's still...wait for it...getting worse.

                              Apparently Wiggins peaked at age 21. Either something's wrong with the water in Minnesota or he needs a Charles Oakley life coach.
                              Sort of like a Vince Carter, best years were the first 3 years in a Raps uniform and the rest were downhill (minus a 60 games blip upon trading to NJ when he was actually motivated to prove his doubters wrong.)

                              Comment


                              • Hotshot wrote: View Post
                                Sort of like a Vince Carter, best years were the first 3 years in a Raps uniform and the rest were downhill (minus a 60 games blip upon trading to NJ when he was actually motivated to prove his doubters wrong.)
                                You're underselling Vince lol. Vince was a top 20 NBA player his first 10 years. Wiggins is a poor mans DeRozan
                                It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X