• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• chris
    replied
    golden wrote: View Post

Because coaching doesn’t matter.
    yeah coaching matters, the difference in play style matters as well as rules and officiating, and team continuity to some extent (although that is overblown as you have pointed out before).

but i'm also not sure that there's as much of a talent gap between an NBA role player and stars from other top international leagues as there is perceived to be. so like if your national team has a number of NBA players but they are dudes like cory joseph and dwight powell you shouldn't be some sort of prohibitive favorite over a team with less NBA players with stars from other leagues.

we finally have some upper echelon NBA talent on the national team. let's see how that works out for us

Leave a comment:

• guyroch
    replied
    International Basketball Federation (FIBA) - FIBA.basketballInternational Basketball Federation (FIBA) - FIBA.basketball

There is a tournament going on right now that the winner is only team that gets a chance to qualify for the Olympics .
    Argentina lost to Bahamas .. There is a chance Argentina won't even quailfy to qualify ..

Leave a comment:

• golden
    replied
    guyroch wrote: View Post
    https://www.proballers.com/basketbal...usa-2023-08-13 It is weird that Canadian basketball fans ( me included ) want a all NBA roster competing at the Worlds but Spain is dangerous but I can't recognize many of the names
    Because coaching doesn’t matter.

Leave a comment:

• golden
    replied
    LJ2 wrote: View Post

I watched the highlights of that Australia vs. Brazil game and looked like a really good one. Australia is pretty stacked with NBA talent, but funnily enough Cobolco was one of the best players in the game and was difference maker for Brazil. Looks like he's playing C now and looked comfortable there.
    Bruno has arrived.

2 years away from 2 years away from 2 years…

Leave a comment:

• guyroch
    replied
    https://www.proballers.com/basketbal...usa-2023-08-13 It is weird that Canadian basketball fans ( me included ) want a all NBA roster competing at the Worlds but Spain is dangerous but I can't recognize many of the names

Leave a comment:

• planetmars
    replied

Spain is tough.. so even though it's a friendly, it will be a really good barometer test for our guys.

I believe Courtside 1891 is free.

Leave a comment:

• LJ2
    replied
    guyroch wrote: View Post
    I don't know how much we can take from Friendly games but Venezuela lost to Australia by over 40 points but Brazil beats Australia .. Latvia beat Dominican Replublic 74 - 69 .. I just like seeing how the Fiba America teams are doing cause we are competing against them in this tournament as much as teams in our group .
    I watched the highlights of that Australia vs. Brazil game and looked like a really good one. Australia is pretty stacked with NBA talent, but funnily enough Cobolco was one of the best players in the game and was difference maker for Brazil. Looks like he's playing C now and looked comfortable there.

Leave a comment:

• guyroch
    replied
    I don't know how much we can take from Friendly games but Venezuela lost to Australia by over 40 points but Brazil beats Australia .. Latvia beat Dominican Replublic 74 - 69 .. I just like seeing how the Fiba America teams are doing cause we are competing against them in this tournament as much as teams in our group .

Leave a comment:

• planetmars
    replied
    chris wrote: View Post

agree it'll be tough to medal now.

think they'll have to play trae bell-haynes more than they envisioned because a perimeter rotation of shai, RJ, brooks, dort, and NAW probably doesn't have enough shooting unless RJ goes ham like the other day, which you can't bank on.

where is pangos? did he just not make the cut, because i thought he was invited to camp? he shot pitifully in his brief cavs stint but has otherwise been a shooter throughout his career
    Grange tweeted this about Pangos earlier in the month:

To bad we didn't just bring in some of the kids from last year's draft. Nembhard alone would have been ideal.

Leave a comment:

• chris
    replied
    planetmars wrote: View Post
    Yeah I don't think we medal now with Murray gone. But who knows. RJ and Shai could go ham and help us get to the podium anyway.
    agree it'll be tough to medal now.

think they'll have to play trae bell-haynes more than they envisioned because a perimeter rotation of shai, RJ, brooks, dort, and NAW probably doesn't have enough shooting unless RJ goes ham like the other day, which you can't bank on.

where is pangos? did he just not make the cut, because i thought he was invited to camp? he shot pitifully in his brief cavs stint but has otherwise been a shooter throughout his career

Leave a comment:

• planetmars
    replied
    Yeah I don't think we medal now with Murray gone. But who knows. RJ and Shai could go ham and help us get to the podium anyway.

Leave a comment:

• Primer
    replied
    The potential replacement guys are Canadians that play in Europe.

Leave a comment:

• TrueTorontoFan
    replied
    is it too late to get a replacement?

Leave a comment:

• golden
    replied
    planetmars wrote: View Post
    Murray is out.
    Jokic is also skipping the World Cup, so the Nuggets obviously (and discreetly) said nope.

Leave a comment:

• Primer
    replied
    Well shit

Leave a comment:

Working...
X