• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shredder
    replied
    GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post

Hopefully they say “time to start learning how to win. Go to the worlds.”
    With Both Klay and Steph rushing to get back to play for the US, I wouldn't be surprised if they change Wiggins mind.

Leave a comment:

• GOLDBLUM
    replied
    guyroch wrote: View Post

Wiggins is going to the Warriors . That may sure mean no playoffs and he could play for Canada or built in excuse that he wants to get ready
    for next season ie cause he is going to a new team .
    Hopefully they say “time to start learning how to win. Go to the worlds.”

Leave a comment:

• guyroch
    replied
    007 wrote: View Post

Good for him. Carved out a nice career (so far) for himself as a second round pick
    Wiggins is going to the Warriors . That may sure mean no playoffs and he could play for Canada or built in excuse that he wants to get ready
    for next season ie cause he is going to a new team .

Leave a comment:

replied
    bertarapsfan wrote: View Post
    Brooks get a 3 year 32 mil extention. Helps clear up some trouble of being a RFA this summer and should make him able to play
    Good for him. Carved out a nice career (so far) for himself as a second round pick

Leave a comment:

• bertarapsfan
    replied
    Brooks get a 3 year 32 mil extention. Helps clear up some trouble of being a RFA this summer and should make him able to play

Leave a comment:

• guyroch
    replied
    KeonClark wrote: View Post

OG also played for rising stars but doesn't play for Britain. I wouldn't take it personally. In fact I get it. You identify with where you grew up.
    Oh I don't take it personally .. Days are gone when this type of news would be devastating … Can't blame the guy he only called Canada his home for the 1st 3 years of his life .. Although if he wanted to play in any World Championships Canada would be a better option .

Leave a comment:

• KeonClark
    replied
    guyroch wrote: View Post

Well if B
    randon Clarke doesn't think he is Canadian ? Well he is okay being Canadian when asked to play in the rising stars tournament . He wouldn't have made the American side and so he like being Canadian when it's convenient
    OG also played for rising stars but doesn't play for Britain. I wouldn't take it personally. In fact I get it. You identify with where you grew up.

Leave a comment:

• guyroch
    replied
    chris wrote: View Post

chris vernon (who is a memphis guy) said on a recent-ish podcast that brandon clarke doesn't consider himself canadian and tells everyone he's from arizona. which makes sense, he's about as canadian as steve nash is south african or og anunoby is british.

maybe he takes an opportunity to develop and play for nurse in the summer, but i sort of doubt it and think he'll just concentrate on workouts.
    Well if B
    randon Clarke doesn't think he is Canadian ? Well he is okay being Canadian when asked to play in the rising stars tournament . He wouldn't have made the American side and so he like being Canadian when it's convenient

Leave a comment:

• chris
    replied
    TaeTaeyeon wrote: View Post
    What do people have as their dream lineups going into qualification at this point (assuming all healthy people play)?

PG Locks: Jamal Murray, Cory Joseph
    SG Locks: SGA
    SF Locks: Wiggins, Dillon Brooks, RJ Barrett
    PF Locks: None..
    C Locks: Olynyk, Thompson

That leaves 4 spots. Looks like one more spot for a traditional big so I'd go Boucher since he brings a dimension neither Olynyk or Thompson have but Khem Birch and Nicholson should be considered. From there there's room for a stretch 4, I like Trey Lyles or Brandon Clarke but not both..but I think Brandon Clarke because the rest of the team needs D, not more offense (special consideration to Wiltjer but he'd get killed on D). From there looks like maybe a couple of wings and maybe a ballhandler are possible and I think I'd go Lugentz Dort (killer defender which again this team is lacking) and Nickeil Alexander Walker. NAW is the highest ceiling but he's playing horrible. I have Melvin Ejim in his spot though if things don't shape up. (I also like Kevin Pangos a lot but he's injured and there's too many playmakers already; I think the team could use another 3 and D guy who could play 4)

So in the end:

PG: Jamal Murray, Cory Joseph
    SG: SGA, Lugentz Dort, NAW
    SF: Wiggins, Dillon Brooks: RJ Barrett
    PF: Brandon Clarke
    C: Olynyk, Thompson, Boucher
    chris vernon (who is a memphis guy) said on a recent-ish podcast that brandon clarke doesn't consider himself canadian and tells everyone he's from arizona. which makes sense, he's about as canadian as steve nash is south african or og anunoby is british.

maybe he takes an opportunity to develop and play for nurse in the summer, but i sort of doubt it and think he'll just concentrate on workouts.

Leave a comment:

• bertarapsfan
    replied
    TaeTaeyeon wrote: View Post
    What do people have as their dream lineups going into qualification at this point (assuming all healthy people play)?

That leaves 4 spots. Looks like one more spot for a traditional big so I'd go Boucher since he brings a dimension neither Olynyk or Thompson have but Khem Birch and Nicholson should be considered. From there there's room for a stretch 4, I like Trey Lyles or Brandon Clarke but not both..but I think Brandon Clarke because the rest of the team needs D, not more offense (special consideration to Wiltjer but he'd get killed on D). From there looks like maybe a couple of wings and maybe a ballhandler are possible and I think I'd go Lugentz Dort (killer defender which again this team is lacking) and Nickeil Alexander Walker. NAW is the highest ceiling but he's playing horrible. I have Melvin Ejim in his spot though if things don't shape up. (I also like Kevin Pangos a lot but he's injured and there's too many playmakers already; I think the team could use another 3 and D guy who could play 4)

So in the end:

Why would you not want both Brooks and Lyles? I think you take as many NBA guys as you can get.

Leave a comment:

• TaeTaeyeon
    replied

So in the end:

Leave a comment:

• guyroch
    replied
    Steamer3 wrote: View Post
    All the game pack tickets sold out after 5 minutes, single game tickets to go on sale at a later date
    Way to go Victoria !!! Great job buying tickets

Leave a comment:

• Steamer3
    replied
    Steamer3 wrote: View Post
    All the game pack tickets sold out after 5 minutes, single game tickets to go on sale at a later date
    I take that back - still a few lower bowl tickets that'll set you back $1470

Leave a comment:

• Steamer3
    replied

Leave a comment:

• guyroch
    replied
    KeonClark wrote: View Post

You kid, but actually made me consider something. Couldnt a raptor that has been with the team x amount of years apply for dual citizenship and play for Canada? I know I've seen it in hockey.
    Matt Bonner wanted to play for Team Canada..... It took him years and it never did happen … I remember Chriss Kaman woke up
    one morning and wanted to play for Germany and in a blink of a eye he was shooting hoops with Dirk .

More than two years into his quest for Canadian citizenship, Matt Bonner remains grounded by red tape.

So the former Toronto Raptors forward will have to watch with fingers crossed as Canada's men's basketball team bids this week for a berth in the 2012 London Olympics. And then he can only hope he receives his passport in time to suit up next summer if the Canadians do qualify.

"I'm just kind of waiting and hoping," Bonner said in a phone interview. "It's just one of those things. It's hard to talk about because it's kind of a bummer for me. I just wish it would go through so I could represent the country."

The 31-year-old, now with the San Antonio Spurs, owns a home in Toronto. His wife Nadia, whom he met while playing for the Raptors, and daughter Evangeline-Vesper — they call her "E.V." — are Canadian. He also has a grandfather from Newfoundland.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X