Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

I'm sure it was a "Fired with dignity" type of thing
    Yeah, it's clear we've moved past Triano. Given that Rana led the team through much of the qualifying (which went very well), and was also the coach of a Canadian team that actually won international gold (albeit at a youth level), I think he deserves a shot at the World Cup
    The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post

Rana would be a fine choice. He has a lot of international experience, he has been there with a lot of the young players, and he's a hugely successful coach at everything he's ever done. If he wanted to, he could easily carve out a role for himself at a higher level but he's got maybe the best basketball job in Canada.
      Rana should be the obvious choice . You don't hire a new coach before a big tournament who has no familiarity with the roster ?

Comment

• Read somewhere Team Canada can't afford anyone, Messina is a very long shot. Rana is great coach and has shown out at every stop in his accidental career.

Comment

• Raptor Jesus wrote: View Post
          Read somewhere Team Canada can't afford anyone, Messina is a very long shot. Rana is great coach and has shown out at every stop in his accidental career.
          Somebody may take the gig not because of the money but the opportunity to have a roster like Canada's and take it to lofty heights to get the prestige that comes along with that .

Comment

• FIBA Basketball World Cup has a facebook page and has Canada's group in a post ... Funny how Canada is just being dismissed in some post like a easy win .. The posters look at the rankings and just dismiss Canada . Rankings are based on past performances . IF Fiba ran the NBA ranking they would have the Cavs seeded number 2 in this upcoming season .

https://www.facebook.com/FIBAWC/phot..._t=photo_reply

Comment

• guyroch wrote: View Post
              FIBA Basketball World Cup has a facebook page and has Canada's group in a post ... Funny how Canada is just being dismissed in some post like a easy win .. The posters look at the rankings and just dismiss Canada . Rankings are based on past performances . IF Fiba ran the NBA ranking they would have the Cavs seeded number 2 in this upcoming season .

https://www.facebook.com/FIBAWC/phot..._t=photo_reply
              Facebook commenters are truly the lowest denominator. Im trying to stop with them cause its bad for the blood pressure. They are DUMB

One post yesterday had Pau Gasol in a Bucks jersey and said "out for a month" Top comment? a guy trolling Raptors "First lowery..then kwahi...then vanvlet, now gasol injured...celtics in 6"
              9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• RJ Barrett looks like the second coming of Thaddeus Young. Don't want him on my team.
                Mamba Mentality

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post
                  RJ Barrett looks like the second coming of Thaddeus Young. Don't want him on my team.
                  He is 19 years old and your not looking at the finish product ..

Comment

RJ Barrett looks like the second coming of Thaddeus Young. Don't want him on my team.
                    that's a strange comp, i don't see any resemblance in their games.

he looks like evan turner to me, as a worst case.

Comment

It's that dreaded "Mamba Mentality" disease that has infected a lot of these talented young players. You're a hero when it works, but more often than not, it hurts your team.

Comment

• He'll still end up a top 3 pick in this draft most likely. He's got to work on his shooting though. In today's NBA that matters more than anything else.

Comment

• chris wrote: View Post

that's a strange comp, i don't see any resemblance in their games.

he looks like evan turner to me, as a worst case.
                          I think with the worse case sernerio he is Wiggins ....

Comment

I think with the worse case sernerio he is Wiggins ....

Barrett kind of the complete opposite of Wiggins, though. Wiggins disappears in the big moments of games, but RJ tries to take total control to the point of ignoring his teammates and forcing ill-advised plays.

Comment

• Canada's Boucher is GLeague MVP and Defensive player of the year ? I wonder if he will get a Canadian national team roster spot ?

Comment

Canada's Boucher is GLeague MVP and Defensive player of the year ? I wonder if he will get a Canadian national team roster spot ?
                                Should be on the cusp at least; physical strength could be the one big knock against him. If it came down to one of Boucher or Birch, I'm not sure who you go with. Birch is physically stronger though shorter, and has international experience with a year in Greece, where he played well. Boucher has the higher upside and an outside shot, but Canada should already have several stretch bigs on the roster. Do we trust Boucher more than Birch right now to defend big guys like Baynes and Bogut?

Comment

Working...
                                X