Canada Basketball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post

For his career it would great. DeRozan has issues with his playstyle but he made a lot of money for himself and became All-Star
    Higher ceiling than Derozan.

RJ being compared to Derozan for his playmaking, footworks and scoring.

But his defence, length and a 3 point shot which I believe he can develop, could make him a better Derozan, the kind you don't trade due to his deficiencies.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

Can you imagine if you got that right but didn't buy a ticket?
      Well someone gotta play those numbers now. I expect at least 1K for each active RR poster when you win Keon.
      To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post

Well someone gotta play those numbers now. I expect at least 1K for each active RR poster when you win Keon.
        Now that RR's DanH has endorsed the possibility, I gotta play it. This may be my destiny. All this time wasted on RR for years has been building to this moment.
        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
          A whole page of people telling us what a 19 year old elite basketball player will turn out to be.

Please people start posting the lottery numbers for Friday so I can use your powers for good
          That is true ... Curry, Harden , Lenard and the Greek Freek the stars of of today were never at the age of 19 labeled the next one .. You could say the only player at the age of 18 ( heck at 16 ) who was touted as the next one who fulfilled everyone's expectations is Lebron James ...

Comment

• guyroch wrote: View Post

That is true ... Curry, Harden , Lenard and the Greek Freek the stars of of today were never at the age of 19 labeled the next one .. You could say the only player at the age of 18 ( heck at 16 ) who was touted as the next one who fulfilled everyone's expectations is Lebron James ...
            Durant was special out of college..but yes you're right other than that, Westbrook was gonna be maybe a top 10 point guard bringing speed and energy, Anthony Davis they were never sure if his offense would pan out..butler and pg13 projected as role players..hell who thought DeRozan or Lowry would get as high as they did..

the draft is much more of a crapshoot than people give credit. Sure not as much as hockey or baseball, but every single year multiple teams whiff on a special talent, or draft a bust ahead of a future all star
            Last edited by KeonClark; Wed Apr 3, 2019, 03:10 PM.

Comment

• Question ? You have one spot remaining and your choice is Wiggins or RJ Barrett who do you choose ... I hate to say it but it's Wiggins ... RJ Barrett seems to me a little like Tracy McGrady when he entered the NBA ... So much raw amazing talent but it's raw and not fully done . RJ I do think will fly by Wiggins eventually but right now he is just raw talent .

Comment

Durant was special out of college..but yes you're right other than that, Westbrook was gonna be maybe a top 10 point guard bringing speed and energy, Anthony Davis they were never sure if his offense would pan out..hell who thought DeRozan or Lowry would get as high as they did..

the draft is much more of a crapshoot than people give credit. Sure not as much as hockey or baseball, but every single year multiple teams whiff on a special talent, or draft a bust ahead of a future all star
                Keon I think when your not touted as great at a early age it makes you work hard and you accomplish great . I think the problem is the guys that are early labeled for greatness often don't have the work ethic to be better ... Heck at 19 years of age Jordon was yet to be MJ and cause of that worked and strived for
                greatness .

I do think that is what frustrates guys like Jimmy Butler ... They were late draft picks that worked their ass off and they see guys like Wiggins or all lottery pics who have not as much hunger to be better .

Comment

Question ? You have one spot remaining and your choice is Wiggins or RJ Barrett who do you choose ... I hate to say it but it's Wiggins ... RJ Barrett seems to me a little like Tracy McGrady when he entered the NBA ... So much raw amazing talent but it's raw and not fully done . RJ I do think will fly by Wiggins eventually but right now he is just raw talent .
                  Naah fuck wiggins he turned down playing for Canada in the past. Id take Barrett he has shown pride in playing for canada before. Wiggins was too cool for the team and who knows how hard he trys in a international tournament when his work ethic has been questioned at the NBA level. Id take barret and let him gain some experience and show him that team canada is invested in him.

Comment

Question ? You have one spot remaining and your choice is Wiggins or RJ Barrett who do you choose ... I hate to say it but it's Wiggins ... RJ Barrett seems to me a little like Tracy McGrady when he entered the NBA ... So much raw amazing talent but it's raw and not fully done . RJ I do think will fly by Wiggins eventually but right now he is just raw talent .
                    I don't see that scenario even happening..if they're both interested and theres only one spot, you send one of those scrubb brothers packing and make 2 spots

Comment

I don't see that scenario even happening..if they're both interested and theres only one spot, you send one of those scrubb brothers packing and make 2 spots
                      Yeah, wing is by far our thinnest position. Our SG/SF options (not including PGs who will play SG) are Wiggins, Barrett, Brooks (depending on injury recovery), Ejim, Stauskas, Heslip, the Scrubbs. Wiggins, Barrett, Brooks and Ejim should be locks, IMO, plus one of Heslip or Stauskas (I'd lean toward Heslip). Canada's best possible lineup might involve playing Wiggins and Barrett side by side (along with Murray, Powell, and Olynyk).

Comment

• Just for the future of this team you bring along Barrett. He is still a little raw, but he's 18 years OLD!! He's going to be good. Lebron good? probably not. But good. So for Canadian player standards, a f*cking gem! I know we're stacked compared to who we were 10 years ago, but this kid could be the best on that stacked team. Not this summer but eventually. So why not bring him along to develop his game.

Comment

• Shredder wrote: View Post
                          Just for the future of this team you bring along Barrett. He is still a little raw, but he's 18 years OLD!! He's going to be good. Lebron good? probably not. But good. So for Canadian player standards, a f*cking gem! I know we're stacked compared to who we were 10 years ago, but this kid could be the best on that stacked team. Not this summer but eventually. So why not bring him along to develop his game.
                          You are right .. The Olympics are in 2 summers and this experience will be a asset for him

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

Can you imagine if you got that right but didn't buy a ticket?
                            Considering he listed 9 numbers, and none of the major lotteries draw 9 numbers.. I'd imagine the game was rigged!

Comment

• Delays and withdrawals plaguing search for new Canada Basketball Coach

https://www.sportsnet.ca/basketball/...da-mens-coach/

Interesting read .. It seems Barrett announcing they are searching for a new coach back in march was a surprise to Jay , the coaching staff and players ...

Comment

• SAG putting on a show right now vs GSW. he has had a good all around playoffs espically for a rookie. between him and Murray the have both shown they have that mental toughness to step up in the big moments thus far.

Comment

Working...
                                X