No announcement yet.

Canada Basketball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Kevin Pangos in the mix? Great underrated PG (not underrated in Europe).
    Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post

I have a feeling Clarke is gonna lap a lot of those bigs.

Seems like we are weak on the wing in terms of depth. Depending on how the six draftees pan out maybe we add one at each general area.

Guards: Murray, SGA, Cojo, NAW
      Wings: Barrett, Wiggins, Brooks, Iggy/Shayok
      Bigs: Olynyk, Powell, Thompson, Clarke
      Murray , Cojo , Brady Heslip , Philip Scrubb ( the last two should have FIBA experience and should be rewarded for help qualifying ) and last hate to say it but
      Nik Stalkas ( his shooting would be good )

Wiggins , Barrett , Brooks , Melvin Ejim

Olynyk, Powell, Thompson, Clarke , Boucher , and maybe Joel Anthony for veteran presents .

My idea is you can't just have NBA players and you have to reward some guys who got you there .

I do think Ignas "Iggy" Brazdeikis is made to play FIBA basketball and so he could take Boucher or Joel's spots .
      Last edited by guyroch; Fri Jun 21, 2019, 07:59 AM.

Comment

• Can we say that Murray is the must have to be on the roster out of all mentioned ..

Comment

• guyroch wrote: View Post

Murray , Cojo , Brady Heslip , Philip Scrubb ( the last two should have FIBA experience and should be rewarded for help qualifying ) and last hate to say it but
          Nik Stalkas ( his shooting would be good )

Wiggins , Barrett , Brooks , Melvin Ejim

Olynyk, Powell, Thompson, Clarke , Boucher , and maybe Joel Anthony for veteran presents .

My idea is you can't just have NBA players and you have to reward some guys who got you there .

I do think Ignas "Iggy" Brazdeikis is made to play FIBA basketball and so he could take Boucher or Joel's spots .
          The former FIBA players got us nowhere. Time to field an all NBA squad and if not, the non NBA guys better be crushing it wherever else they're playing. We don't need to reward anyone for anything, we're trying to qualify for the Olympics, not a little league team handing out participation trophies.

Most of our NBA players played for the national team at some time in their life, so I think everyone has paid their dues, let's field the most talented best team possible.
          Last edited by Primer; Fri Jun 21, 2019, 06:01 PM.

Comment

• It's official !!

Nick Nurse named new coach of Canada's men's basketball team

https://www.cp24.com/sports/toronto-...PpU5gIngGyP3uw

Comment

• Canada 3-1 is off to the Quarters ... Mali who Canada destroyed in 2017 was their only loss and they are tournament surprise cause they are off to the semi's already .. Today it's France standing in their way to the semi's ..

Comment

Canada 3-1 is off to the Quarters ... Mali who Canada destroyed in 2017 was their only loss and they are tournament surprise cause they are off to the semi's already .. Today it's France standing in their way to the semi's ..
                Where can we catch the games?

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post

Where can we catch the games?
                  youtube

Comment

youtube
                    Thank you. I should have known that. You've probably told me before.

Comment

• Holly crap after a very close 3 quarters France all of a sudden took 62-51 lead ... My Canadian negativity broke out and said it's over .. Then I refresh and it's Canada up 69-67 ... It's going to be a who hits the last shot type of game I think .

http://www.fiba.basketball/world/u19...e#tab=overview

Comment

• Ignas Brazdeikis get 30 points in summer league ... What does that mean ? Well it's better then stinking up the joint ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4dVqDFXCV0c

Comment

• He gets another shot at the NBA...he's got to take it because it might end up being his last one
                          The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• 007 wrote: View Post

He gets another shot at the NBA...he's got to take it because it might end up being his last one
                            It would probably be, so hopefully it works out for him.

Than its Europe or China.

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post

It would probably be, so hopefully it works out for him.

Than its Europe or China.
                              Didn’t know he was hitting the 3 at that clip. Good for him. I’ll be happy for him if he can pull it together.

Comment

• GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post

Didn’t know he was hitting the 3 at that clip. Good for him. I’ll be happy for him if he can pull it together.
                                Yes indeed. One of the weirdest stories in the NBA so far. Would be nice if he can stick.

Comment

Working...
                                X