• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• guyroch
    replied
    Hotshot wrote: View Post
    Good for Pangos

We could have used him this summer instead of Cory but looking for a payday is a good reason for a like Pangos . It would have be nice if Raptors could have signed him .

Leave a comment:

• Hotshot
    replied
    Good for Pangos

Leave a comment:

• golden
    replied
    Canadian pipeline keeps on producing talent....

Leave a comment:

• WJF
    replied
    SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
    Edey is the big man we need (to develop). But I guess he’d miss some/most of the qualifiers with the college season? And then there’s the draft process etc.

Boucher + Birch would help too. It’s almost like Nirse didn’t want them there…
    Edey is one young big that will be important in FIBA play, but keep your eye on Fardaws Aimaq. https://gouvu.com/news/2021/8/2/mens...he-nation.aspx

He put up 14ppg with 15rpg as a redshirt sophomore at Utah Valley. He has learned to look after his body and is a solid 6'11" big body. I would love to see his FG% increase this year and also see if he has any range, he is 2 for 2 from 3 in his career. Good sign also that he increased is free throw shooting from 42% as a freshaman to 62% as a sophomore.

Leave a comment:

• guyroch
    replied
    SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
    Edey is the big man we need (to develop). But I guess he’d miss some/most of the qualifiers with the college season? And then there’s the draft process etc.

Boucher always has an excuse it seems . Birch was a free agent and couldn't risk playing and getting hurt . Birch loves playing for Canada

Leave a comment:

• SkywalkerAC
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Limited Upside
    replied
    Primer wrote: View Post

Every decent Canadian basketball player goes to the USA to play ball. You'd be televising some horrendous basketball.
    Yeah, that's not true. Canadian college hoops is just as good entertainment value as US college. The level might be somewhat lower, but it's not "horrendous" by any stretch and is improving year by year. Carleton U, for example, has had years in the past where they could definitely have been included in the NCAA tournament.

Leave a comment:

• Primer
    replied
    grindhouse wrote: View Post
    I am a Canadian and imhfo when Canada starts putting money into high school and college sports,especially basketball….non of the games are televised!!!! . I will care about the olympics…f*ck the Canadian team.
    Every decent Canadian basketball player goes to the USA to play ball. You'd be televising some horrendous basketball.

Leave a comment:

• grindhouse
    replied
    I am a Canadian and imhfo when Canada starts putting money into high school and college sports,especially basketball….non of the games are televised!!!! . I will care about the olympics…f*ck the Canadian team.

Leave a comment:

• guyroch
    replied
    chris wrote: View Post

yeah but on the not-bright side, four of those windows are during the NBA season so the teams are likely to cobbled together with players from whatever leagues are in their offseason's at that time, and coached by randoms.

not sure there'll be a lot of team building
    With Covid you think you would go back to the old system for awhile .. You have these guys traveling to destination which may not have Covid under control .

Leave a comment:

• golden
    replied

I have no idea what FIBA's business model is, but its the most effective way to make fans not pay attention or give a single shit. No one wants to watch "national" teams without any of the nations good players on them.

I guess we'll be seeing the Scrubb brothers back in action.
    Booting those Scrubbs off our team didn't get us any further than before.

Leave a comment:

• Primer
    replied
    chris wrote: View Post

yeah but on the not-bright side, four of those windows are during the NBA season so the teams are likely to cobbled together with players from whatever leagues are in their offseason's at that time, and coached by randoms.

I have no idea what FIBA's business model is, but its the most effective way to make fans not pay attention or give a single shit. No one wants to watch "national" teams without any of the nations good players on them.

I guess we'll be seeing the Scrubb brothers back in action.

Leave a comment:

• chris
    replied

On the bright side, gives the guys plenty of time to practice and play together.

But yeah that is a total mess.

Leave a comment:

• Primer
    replied
    guyroch wrote: View Post
    Canada is in a bracket with " DOMINICAN REPUBLIC ", " US VIRGIN ISLANDS ", " BAHAMAS "

FIBA Basketball World Cup 2023 Americas Qualifiers 2023 - FIBA.basketball

1st Window: November 22 - 30, 2021
    2nd Window: February 21 - March 1, 2022
    3rd Window: June 27 - July 5, 2022
    4th Window: August 22 - 30, 2022
    5th Window: November 7 - 15, 2022
    6th Window: February 20 - 28, 2023

Ahhh remember the good old says when it took one tournament over a two week span to determine who qualifies .
    On the bright side, gives the guys plenty of time to practice and play together.

But yeah that is a total mess.

Leave a comment:

• guyroch
    replied
    Canada is in a bracket with " DOMINICAN REPUBLIC ", " US VIRGIN ISLANDS ", " BAHAMAS "

FIBA Basketball World Cup 2023 Americas Qualifiers 2023 - FIBA.basketball

1st Window: November 22 - 30, 2021
    2nd Window: February 21 - March 1, 2022
    3rd Window: June 27 - July 5, 2022
    4th Window: August 22 - 30, 2022
    5th Window: November 7 - 15, 2022
    6th Window: February 20 - 28, 2023

Ahhh remember the good old says when it took one tournament over a two week span to determine who qualifies .

Leave a comment:

Working...
X