No announcement yet.

Canada Basketball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whoa, guys, our group is tough but even with a lot of guys missing we should be considered co-favourites to get out of the group.
    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
      Whoa, guys, our group is tough but even with a lot of guys missing we should be considered co-favourites to get out of the group.
      I think the pessimism is understandable. Canada has done jack-shit internationally in recent years, and the number of players that pulled out is pretty disheartening. That said, I'm still excited to see what our squad can do in September
      The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• Ben Simmons pulled out, not that he's a game changer like Giannis, who will literally carry his team on his back, but that's a bonus to Canadian and Lithuanian teams chances. I see Lithuania as group favorites, a month ago I would have argued it's either Canada or Australia.
        Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

• Australia
          Patty Mills PG 183 cm 82 kg 31 m.
          Nathan Sobey PG, SG 188 cm 86 kg 29 m.
          Matthew Dellavedova SG 191 cm 89 kg 29 m.
          Chris Goulding SG 192 cm 92 kg 30 m.
          Cameron Gliddon SG 197 cm 94 kg 29 m.
          Joe Ingles SG, SF 203 cm 98 kg 31 m.
          Xavier Cooks SG, SF 203 cm 84 kg 23 m.
          Jonah Bolden PF 208 cm 98 kg 23 m.
          Jock Landale PF, C 211 cm 116 kg 23 m.
          Nick Kay PF, C 206 cm 104 kg 27 m.
          Andrew Bogut C 213 cm 118 kg 34 m.
          Aron Baynes C 208 cm 123 kg 32 m.
          Canada
          Aaron Best SG 193 cm 84 kg 26 m.
          Duane Notice PG, SG 188 cm 102 kg 24 m.
          Kaza Kajami-Keane PG 188 cm 84 kg 25 m.
          Thomas Scrubb SF 198 cm 27 m.
          Philip Scrubb PG, SG 191 cm 84 kg 26 m.
          Kevin Pangos PG, SG 189 cm 82 kg 26 m.
          Kelly Olynyk PF 213 cm 108 kg 28 m.
          Andrew Nembhard PG, SG 196 cm 87 kg 19 m.
          Jamal Murray PG 193 cm 94 kg 22 m.
          R.J. Barrett SG, SF 201 cm 92 kg 19 m.
          Eugene Omoruyi PF, SF 201 cm 106 kg 23 m.
          Cory Joseph PG, SG 191 cm 84 kg 27 m.
          Brady Heslip PG, SG 188 cm 82 kg 29 m.
          Melvin Ejim SF 201 cm 28 m.
          Addison Patterson SG, SF 198 cm 86 kg 17 m.
          Oshae Brissett SF 203 cm 95 kg 21 m.
          Chris Boucher PF 208 cm 91 kg 26 m.
          Khem Birch C 206 cm 100 kg 26 m.
          Kyle Wiltjer PF, SF 208 cm 110 kg 26 m.

Lithuania
          Mantas Kalnietis PG 196 cm 89 kg 32 m.
          Martinas Geben C 208 cm 112 kg 24 m.
          Jonas Valančiūnas C 211 cm 116 kg 27 m.
          Paulius Jankūnas PF 205 cm 107 kg 35 m.
          Mindaugas Kuzminskas SF, PF 205 cm 98 kg 29 m.
          Eimantas Bendžius PF, SF 207 cm 98 kg 29 m.
          Domantas Sabonis PF, C 211 cm 109 kg 23 m.
          Edgaras Ulanovas SF 198 cm 92 kg 27 m.
          Rokas Giedraitis SF 200 cm 88 kg 26 m.
          Arnas Butkevičius SF 197 cm 96 kg 26 m.
          Jonas Mačiulis SF 200 cm 98 kg 34 m.
          Renaldas Seibutis SG, SF 196 cm 82 kg 34 m.
          Marius Grigonis SG, SF 198 cm 93 kg 25 m.
          Žygimantas Janavičius PG 192 cm 80 kg 30 m.
          Lukas Lekavičius PG 183 cm 78 kg 25 m.

Only Australia has it's final roster. Is Kelly Olynyk play after his injury?
          Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

• RandomGuy wrote: View Post
            Only Australia has it's final roster. Is Kelly Olynyk play after his injury?
            Yes, Olynyk is expected to play in the tourney.
            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Yes, Olynyk is expected to play in the tourney.
              Kyle Wiltjer
              Kyle Wiltjer tweeked his ankle but says he will be okay .. Jaumal Murray did the same thing but said he won't play the Worlds .. Sorry about being negative but Murray could have been like Lenard and had maintenance days ( not played against Senegal or shut it down after they clinched a Olympic berth ) .. Heck these guys play 1 or 2 quartesr in NBA preseason and skip a lot of preseason games ..

Saying that … I think if Nurse goes with a short rotation this team could make it to the next round …

Lewenberg: It's a bizarre situation that's not going to do Boucher any favors in career

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vMJ4KNh_SfE

Last edited by guyroch; Mon Aug 12, 2019, 08:57 AM.

Comment

• guyroch wrote: View Post

Kyle Wiltjer
                Kyle Wiltjer tweeked his ankle but says he will be okay .. Jaumal Murray did the same thing but said he won't play the Worlds .. Sorry about being negative but Murray could have been like Lenard and had maintenance days ( not played against Senegal or shut it down after they clinched a Olympic berth ) .. Heck these guys play 1 or 2 quartesr in NBA preseason and skip a lot of preseason games ..

Saying that … I think if Nurse goes with a short rotation this team could make it to the next round …

Lewenberg: It's a bizarre situation that's not going to do Boucher any favors in career

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vMJ4KNh_SfE
                Unless you are Murray's doctor I don't think you can say with confidence that the severity of his injury and Wiltjer's are identical.
                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Also Murray has star potential. No offense, but Wiltjer isn't even a bench player in the NBA.

Comment

Unless you are Murray's doctor I don't think you can say with confidence that the severity of his injury and Wiltjer's are identical.
                    The tournament is a month away …. I agree if the tournament started next week

Comment

• Truth Teller wrote: View Post
                      Also Murray has star potential. No offense, but Wiltjer isn't even a bench player in the NBA.
                      Murray doesn't have star " potential " He is already a star with Max money guaranteed for 5 years ... Wiltjer is on a one year deal with some Euro league and has more to risk .

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post

A healthy Gallo could be used for a trade to a contending team before the trade deadline (if he still looked good out there)

If I'm OKC I want Gallo to rest in the summer and concentrate on rehab.

Gallo simply wants to play for his country and would have told OKC to stick it if they said he couldn't.
                        Thanks Hotshot …
                        Gallo is only 30 years old and avg 20 ( 19.8 ) 6 rebounds and is on an expiring contract .. He was given to the Thunder cause the thunder had the Clippers by the balls cause they needed George to get Lenard …

I just pointed out Gallo situation cause it proves that organizations aren't holding a gun to these players heads to tell them not to play …

Guys I am just saying something smells .. Look at the 29 guys invited and really only
                        Olynyk and Joseph are really left standing …
                        Powel and Brooks were excited last summer and played and that was a qualifying event and now it's an actual world event they say no ? You would think after what the Raptors did and so much excitement about basketball in Canada that this would have be the first time we had all hands on deck .. Heck we got a NBA coach who won an NBA title to coach the team …

Last edited by guyroch; Mon Aug 12, 2019, 01:19 PM.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                          Okay so the chances of making the Olympics seems slim now unless that second tourney after the World Cup goes our way. I assume no NBA players will be in that tourney though. If most aren't playing in the World Cup why would they play in a qualifying Olympics tourney?

I guess the next goal is 2024 then. I'm not liking our chances there either. I think the "Golden age" of Canada Basketball was over hyped.. just like Andrew Wiggins was in 2014.
                          The Golden Age was properly hyped, they didn't know that all of the top players would disappointingly refuse to play
                          9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Thanks Hotshot …
                            Gallo is only 30 years old and avg 20 ( 19.8 ) 6 rebounds and is on an expiring contract .. He was given to the Thunder cause the thunder had the Clippers by the balls cause they needed George to get Lenard …

I just pointed out Gallo situation cause it proves that organizations aren't holding a gun to these players heads to tell them not to play …

Guys I am just saying something smells .. Look at the 29 guys invited and really only
                            Olynyk and Joseph are really left standing …
                            Powel and Brooks were excited last summer and played and that was a qualifying event and now it's an actual world event they say no ? You would think after what the Raptors did and so much excitement about basketball in Canada that this would have be the first time we had all hands on deck .. Heck we got a NBA coach who won an NBA title to coach the team …

If the LAC could have chosen any player to send the other way in that deal, they would have chosen Gallo.

Guys are bailing on the US team too. The new FIBA window freaking sucks and this is the result. Such is life.
                            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

The tournament is a month away …. I agree if the tournament started next week
                              Ah, so you are his doctor? His injury doesn't require, say, 4-5 weeks to properly heal, thus leaving him at risk of re-aggravating it if he were to play? Good to know.
                              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Ah, so you are his doctor? His injury doesn't require, say, 4-5 weeks to properly heal, thus leaving him at risk of re-aggravating it if he were to play? Good to know.
                                I was at the game in Toronto watching the game .. No crutches and you would really have to look at closely to see some sort of limp .. The term used was tweak not sprain … I bet you will see him in pre camp workouts in September and August .. Heck
                                Olynyk when he got hurt in Toronto he just wanted to walk it off and get back into the game but players and coaches said get your ass to the dressing room ..

I am just saying Rui Hachimura of Japan drafted this year and is dropping 37 points in FIBA warm up games but none of our Canadian drafted players said yes this summer ?

Lets forget about the golden age of Canadian basketball players ever playing out at the world stage … We just spent July banging our Canadian chests that 4 Canadians got drafted in the 1st round of the NBA draft … Every Canadian either had an excuse or didn't even think one was required ..

Comment

Working...
                                X