No announcement yet.

Canada Basketball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just watched the ending of the Canada Kiwi game. We won 122 to 88. Damn the 905 played great. Aron Best, Duane Notice, Oshae Brissett, Scrubb, Nembhard (next year).

Comment

• Just heard that the Canada FIBA games will be broadcast on CBC. Of course, they will be early morning games (4:00 - 5:00 am).

Comment

• Gonzz wrote: View Post
        Just watched the ending of the Canada Kiwi game. We won 122 to 88. Damn the 905 played great. Aron Best, Duane Notice, Oshae Brissett, Scrubb, Nembhard (next year).
        I watched the whole game. Kevin Pangos can really run a team. When (if) Cory Joseph joins the squad we will have 2 very good international point guards to keep us in games. No Kyle Wiltjer today so some struggles at times from the front court. Birch is limited offensively and Wiltjer can really stretch the floor so I see him at the starting 4 along side Birch.

I watched the first game vs. Australia and this game and I am proud of the way the team is playing. Maybe not the squad we as fans hoped for, but a team that will play their tails off and at a minimum will get to an Olympic qualifier.
        Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

• WJF wrote: View Post

I watched the whole game. Kevin Pangos can really run a team. When (if) Cory Joseph joins the squad we will have 2 very good international point guards to keep us in games. No Kyle Wiltjer today so some struggles at times from the front court. Birch is limited offensively and Wiltjer can really stretch the floor so I see him at the starting 4 along side Birch.

I watched the first game vs. Australia and this game and I am proud of the way the team is playing. Maybe not the squad we as fans hoped for, but a team that will play their tails off and at a minimum will get to an Olympic qualifier.
          Playing the underdog and nothing is expected from them are often the teams we love cheering for the most . These guys are a group of guys who have played together a lot and 1 month together will develop good chemistry .. Go Canada Go .

Comment

• Pangos is a stud, not sure why everyone undervalues guys who play in Euroleague so much. Hoping they can win it all, except... losing to Lithuania if it comes down to that (obvs).
            Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

• RandomGuy wrote: View Post
              Pangos is a stud, not sure why everyone undervalues guys who play in Euroleague so much. Hoping they can win it all, except... losing to Lithuania if it comes down to that (obvs).
              Lithuania gave Serbia a huge battle in a exhibition game recently … It seems Lithuania is ready for the group of death draw that they got … Canada's best chance maybe against Austrailia to get out of this group .

Comment

• RandomGuy wrote: View Post
                Pangos is a stud, not sure why everyone undervalues guys who play in Euroleague so much. Hoping they can win it all, except... losing to Lithuania if it comes down to that (obvs).
                They are undervalued only if they go up against an their NBA counterpart, that's where their shortcomings tend to get exposed.

However they are above the rest of any other league outside the NBA. They know how to play high level team game and usually have 1 skill they are specialized in.

Comment

• I was listening to B.S Report and they were saying it is crazy that the so many players say no to national team … They sighted how many players have had amazing seasons after they played for their country in the summer that they played … They went through so many examples … The excuse of getting ready for the next season is often used and it seems playing for your country does get you ready for the next season ..

Comment

• Can't say im surprised anymore...

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post

They are undervalued only if they go up against an their NBA counterpart, that's where their shortcomings tend to get exposed.

However they are above the rest of any other league outside the NBA. They know how to play high level team game and usually have 1 skill they are specialized in.
                      Fair enough
                      Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

• The best player on the roster is khem birch lmao. The golden age
                        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• You would think him seeing how well Canada has been doing in exhibition matches that he would be more inspired to rejoin..
                          ​
                          These NBA players will recruit to play for their NBA teams but at national team team level ... No ..

Comment

• It's their choice and you gotta respect it but when Canada underachieves it'll be on them. There's honestly noone else to blame. It's as simple as that. A lot of hype but no medals to show for it.
                            Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• I get no medal cuz' I stay at home, like I'm Cory Jo....

Comment

Working...
                                X