Canada Basketball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post
    Anyone see Bruno with the game winning "goaltend" legal in Fiba. But still a pretty crazy rule that you can just knock a FT off the rim like that. Guess you just gotta swish it.
    Why wasn't Giannis out there? Did he foul out?

Comment

• Khem Birch on his decision to play for Canada: “I don’t let anyone dictate my career or anything. I let Khem Birch dictate what he wants to do and Khem Birch decided to play for his country because I want to go to the Olympics.”

I do think guys like Andrew Nicholson and Joel Anthony should have been on this roster .. I see guys like Scola and Verejao still playing for their national team and I think those two guys experience would have helped in the front court ..
      Anderson VAREJAO
      Last edited by guyroch; Wed Sep 4, 2019, 10:12 AM.

Comment

• guyroch wrote: View Post
        Khem Birch on his decision to play for Canada: “I don’t let anyone dictate my career or anything. I let Khem Birch dictate what he wants to do and Khem Birch decided to play for his country because I want to go to the Olympics.”
        Damn straight, Khem. Call out those fake-ass Canuck ballers.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

What percentage of blame is GM Barrett to what is going on ? If he is fired do we risk losing his son ? I think having his son is why he is perfect for the position ..

Comment

• Steve Nash and Bill Simmons talking Canada Basketball ( look out for it ) .. He is saying what we are all saying .. What can you possibly train all summer to do that would be more beneficiary then playing meaningful games in the summer ??
            Last edited by guyroch; Wed Sep 4, 2019, 01:41 PM.

Comment

What percentage of blame is GM Barrett to what is going on ? If he is fired do we risk losing his son ? I think having his son is why he is perfect for the position ..
              He needs a bit more time to coalesce the success of the youth programs into a foundation for the senior (would have been nice if that happened already, but how long has he formally been on the job?). At least until next year with the Olympic qualifier, but Masai has shown that stability and good management lead to success - but patience is required.

Comment

Steve Nash and Bill Simmons talking Canada Basketball ( look out for it ) .. He is saying what we are all saying .. What can you possibly train all summer to do that would be more beneficiary then playing meaningful games in the summer ??
                That's all well and good but one has to wonder what Nash actually accomplished in terms of building a lasting foundation over his tenure (or was he living up to his end of the bargain simply by being a figurehead). We should be set up and have complete buy in, not a house of cards.
                Last edited by SkywalkerAC; Wed Sep 4, 2019, 02:25 PM.

Comment

• They also need to make Nurse the President of Basketball Operations. Something needs to change. Nurse is a proven guy, a proven winner. Maybe he can convince some of these DIVAS to play.

Mamba Mentality

Comment

I said it before and i'll say it again, all these divas that turned down a chance to play for Canada SHOULD be booed out of the building when they play in Toronto. They don't deserve any recognition. The lone Canadian who plays for the Raptors, who's a SCRUB, who does nothing but shoot 3's whenever he gets on the floor should be booed out of the building too.

On the other hand, guys like Cory Joe and Oynyk and Birch deserves to get a standing ovation.
                    Mamba Mentality

Comment

I'd go with like: Barrett (5%) , Steve Nash (30%), Jay Triano (30%), Glen Grunwald (5%), Wayne Parrish (30%).

This clusterf*ck was years in the making. Barrett and Grunwald are relative new in their roles. Nash (GM), Triano (coach) & Parrish (CEO) had the reigns over a critical period and they steered this shiny new sports car right into the ditch. Triano, in particular, pissed off a couple of NBA guys.

In the short time he's been GM, Barrett has already made one brilliant move (hiring Nurse) - something Nash's loyalty to Triano would never allow him to do.

Also blame the Knicks for playing RJ big minutes in that meaningless summer league game.... just long enough to pick up that injury. And finally... blame Lebron James for making national teams un-cool again for NBA players.

Comment

I'd go with like: Barrett (5%) , Steve Nash (30%), Jay Triano (30%), Glen Grunwald (5%), Wayne Parrish (30%).

This clusterf*ck was years in the making. Barrett and Grunwald are relative new in their roles. Nash (GM), Triano (coach) & Parrish (CEO) had the reigns over a critical period and they steered this shiny new sports car right into the ditch. Triano, in particular, pissed off a couple of NBA guys.

In the short time he's been GM, Barrett has already made one brilliant move (hiring Nurse) - something Nash's loyalty to Triano would never allow him to do.

Also blame the Knicks for playing RJ big minutes in that meaningless summer league game.... just long enough to pick up that injury. And finally... blame Lebron James for making national teams un-cool again for NBA players.
                        I don't understand the blame/hate for Lebron James on this one (and this isn't the only place that's blaming Lebron). He went to 3 Olympics, a World Champs and a Americas Champs. Dude has put in a lot more time into serving his country than any of our bum ass "stars" has. Just a lame excuse for players "work" on their games, aka sit at home and get fat until 2 weeks before training camp.

Comment

• Deathswap wrote: View Post

I don't understand the blame/hate for Lebron James on this one (and this isn't the only place that's blaming Lebron). He went to 3 Olympics, a World Champs and a Americas Champs. Dude has put in a lot more time into serving his country than any of our bum ass "stars" has. Just a lame excuse for players "work" on their games, aka sit at home and get fat until 2 weeks before training camp.
                          Lol. That was a bit tongue in cheek, but I’m referring to Lebron James “the businessman, mogul, sports agent” extraordinaire, not “the athlete formerly known as Lebron.” That guy we admired left the building a long time ago.

Lebron and Rich Paul don’t appear to be big supporters of international games probably because they or their Klutch clients can’t monetize it directly. Especially their top guys, like Ben Simmons, for example. They see nothing but risk.

Comment

• When will a GM say to a player I want you to go to play for your country so you can develop your game ..

Or organizations see the positive in players who know they won't see playoff action for them to play for their national team ..

Comment

When will a GM say to a player I want you to go to play for your country so you can develop your game ..

Or organizations see the positive in players who know they won't see playoff action for them to play for their national team ..
                              When FIBA cuts them in on a slice of the pie. Despite all the blame, the other side of the coin is that these guys are all still pros.

Just go back to true amateurs and the problem is solved. Canada would have an even better chance at gold, IMO.

Comment

I’m referring to Lebron James “the businessman, mogul, sports agent” extraordinaire, not “the athlete formerly known as Lebron.” That guy we admired left the building a long time ago.
                                I know you're talking about Lebron's influence on international basketball competition but there's still much to admire about Lebron. The work he's doing with his school is very impressive. And he donates an immense amount of money to charities. I suspect he's gonna make an enormous humanitarian impact for the rest of his days.

And for FIBA/The Olympics ... really, he's put in his time. I don't fault him for conserving his energy at this stage, after being to The Finals HOW MANY times in the last 10 years? Just cause other players may look at him sitting out and think that if he doesn't they don't have to, I find it hard to put the blame on him. As it stands, Wiggins, for example, is just a b*tch. Ain't Lebron's fault.

Comment

Working...
                                X