Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Canada Basketball

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • guyroch wrote: View Post
    Experts were asked " Who should start for Team Canada " Pick your dream team starters

    Carlan Gay - NBA.com ( @TheCarlanGay ):
    G : Shai Gilgeous-Alexander G : Jamal MurrayF : Andrew WigginsF : Khem Birch C : Tristan Thompson

    Eric Fawcett - GatorCountry ( @Efawcett7 ): G : Cory JosephG : Jamal Murray F : Andrew Wiggins F : Dwight PowellC : Kelly Olynyk

    Elias Sbiet - North Pole Hoops ( @Elias_NPH ): G : Jamal Murray G : Shai Gilgeous-Alexander F : Andrew Wiggins F : Dwight Powell C : Tristan Thompson

    Jason Thom - NPA Canada ( @_jasonthom ): G : Shai Gilgeous-Alexander G : Jamal Murray F : Andrew Wiggins F: Kelly Olynyk C : Tristan Thompson

    Drew Ebanks - On Point Basketball ( @DrewEbanks ):G - Jamal Murray, G - Andrew Wiggins, G - RJ Barrett, F - Chris Boucher, C - Kelly Olynyk

    Josh Eberley - HOOP Mag (@JoshEberley): G - Jamal Murray, G - Shai Gilgeous-Alexander, G - R.J. Barrett, F - Brandon Clarke, C - Tristan Thompson


    https://ca.nba.com/news/who-should-s...f1c1gji7ah9w4r
    These guys are experts … Anybody who doesn't have
    Kelly Olynyk is crazy aren't they ?


    Comment




    • Might be tough considering he'll only have a week or two off before the Olympic Qualifying Tournament starts, but I'm sure he'll manage
      The name's Bond, James Bond.

      Comment


      • 007 wrote: View Post


        Might be tough considering he'll only have a week or two off before the Olympic Qualifying Tournament starts, but I'm sure he'll manage
        Definitely It's not like Nurse's tendencies will be brand new either

        Comment


        • big boi wrote: View Post

          So fun. Victoria will be a great destination for it. With any luck the weather will cooperate, can be rainy in Van that time of year but Victoria has better weather. Doesn’t look like tickets available yet but prob a good idea to book transport and accommodations. Likely will be a lot of Airbnb options.


          Living in Victoria - few little tips...
          • If you manage to buy tickets (lots of buzz here) get your accommodation asap - that time of year downtown hotels will be full (Vancouver prices) AirBnB will also be scarce or v expensive. If youre driving off the ferry and dont have to be located downtown you should be able to find something nice.
          • The arena is an easy accessible walk from downtown - parking around is tight.
          • Ride sharing isnt on the island yet (apparently sometime after Xmas so keep an eye is Uber / Lyft is availible)
          • The ferry port / Airport is approx 30 mins away
          Closer to the time have any questions hit me up - im always on the forum (reading alot not really posting haha)

          Comment


          • Steamer3 wrote: View Post



            Living in Victoria - few little tips...
            • If you manage to buy tickets (lots of buzz here) get your accommodation asap - that time of year downtown hotels will be full (Vancouver prices) AirBnB will also be scarce or v expensive. If youre driving off the ferry and dont have to be located downtown you should be able to find something nice.
            • The arena is an easy accessible walk from downtown - parking around is tight.
            • Ride sharing isnt on the island yet (apparently sometime after Xmas so keep an eye is Uber / Lyft is availible)
            • The ferry port / Airport is approx 30 mins away
            Closer to the time have any questions hit me up - im always on the forum (reading alot not really posting haha)
            A wild greg stiemsma fan has appeared
            It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

            Comment


            • KeonClark wrote: View Post

              A wild greg stiemsma fan has appeared

              Comment


              • Haha, a reminder of who we once were!

                Comment


                • Steamer3 wrote: View Post
                  Haha, a reminder of who we once were!
                  I also like how the avatar just looks like its forever 50% done loading
                  It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

                  Comment


                  • Steamer3 wrote: View Post



                    Living in Victoria - few little tips...
                    • If you manage to buy tickets (lots of buzz here) get your accommodation asap - that time of year downtown hotels will be full (Vancouver prices) AirBnB will also be scarce or v expensive. If youre driving off the ferry and dont have to be located downtown you should be able to find something nice.
                    • The arena is an easy accessible walk from downtown - parking around is tight.
                    • Ride sharing isnt on the island yet (apparently sometime after Xmas so keep an eye is Uber / Lyft is availible)
                    • The ferry port / Airport is approx 30 mins away
                    Closer to the time have any questions hit me up - im always on the forum (reading alot not really posting haha)
                    That’s great thanks. Looking at booking a house close to DT so don’t have to drive. Sounds like we should get on it, thanks for the tips.

                    Comment


                    • Question .. With 100 percent participation. Could Canada field 2 teams that could finish 1st and 2nd in this tourney and other then U.S can any other country to that ?

                      Comment


                      • guyroch wrote: View Post
                        Question .. With 100 percent participation. Could Canada field 2 teams that could finish 1st and 2nd in this tourney and other then U.S can any other country to that ?
                        There's probably a European country or two that could put together a couple of teams that had the potential of finishing #1/#2 - because it's a short tournament, players who have played with each other in a system might have the opportunity to overcome a perceived gap in talent - can take a bit of time for a group of players thrown together to figure things out.

                        Comment


                        • Carl English was on the radio and said " If Pitino is coaching the national team then cause of country sports politics 3 to 4 players won't play for the national team in Victoria ..
                          Last edited by guyroch; Mon Dec 2nd, 2019, 12:37 PM.

                          Comment


                          • guyroch wrote: View Post
                            Alex English was on the radio and said " If Pitino is coaching the national team then cause of country sports politics 3 to 4 players won't play for the national team in Victoria ..
                            Not sure what that means exactly, but it's getting exhausting hearing country, sports and politics in the same sentence
                            It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

                            Comment


                            • KeonClark wrote: View Post

                              Not sure what that means exactly, but it's getting exhausting hearing country, sports and politics in the same sentence
                              https://www.sportsnet.ca/590/good-sh...chasing-dream/

                              This is the interview …Sorry I meant ex national team player Carl English

                              Comment


                              • guyroch wrote: View Post

                                https://www.sportsnet.ca/590/good-sh...chasing-dream/

                                This is the interview …Sorry I meant ex national team player Carl English
                                I bought the Carl English autobiography, "Chasing a Dream" co-authored with Blake Murphy, as soon as Blake mentioned on his FB page that the Kindle edition was available. Just started it but it is a great read.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X