X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KeonClark
    replied
    guyroch wrote: View Post

They might gripe be if U.S.A doesn't medal ..

They just lost a scrimmage to a G league team yesterday

Leave a comment:

• slaw
    replied
    GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post
    What an utter debacle.

I really hope the players become vocal and band together across the board to speak against the scheduling gripes they seem to have. Clearly no NBAers really seem to want to be there under the circumstances. Exceptions being the back up Americans who wouldn’t normally get to be on the Dream Team, or players like Giannis that are diehard for their nation no matter what.
    They key will be if the lack of NBA players affects sponsorship and costs FIBA money. That's what all of the changes to qualification were about: more games and more money for FIBA. But, as a I mentioned earlier, if FIBA ball isn't best on best, then in the long term that will devalue the competitions to the point where it will impact the bottom line. It will also open the door for someone (hello NBA and NBAPA) to put together a true best-on-best tourney and take the money for itself. Penny-wise, pound-foolish.

Leave a comment:

• guyroch
    replied
    GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post
    What an utter debacle.

I really hope the players become vocal and band together across the board to speak against the scheduling gripes they seem to have. Clearly no NBAers really seem to want to be there under the circumstances. Exceptions being the back up Americans who wouldn’t normally get to be on the Dream Team, or players like Giannis that are diehard for their nation no matter what.
    They might gripe be if U.S.A doesn't medal ..

Last edited by guyroch; Wed Aug 14, 2019, 11:47 PM.

Leave a comment:

• GOLDBLUM
    replied
    What an utter debacle.

Leave a comment:

• guyroch
    replied
    stretch wrote: View Post

The question is how many of these players will commit long term to the national program?
    This post was on the first page of this thread .. Wow if Joseph stays home then only 1 man left standing ..

Nick Nurse maybe saying .. I am giving up my summer and everyone is staying home .

Last edited by guyroch; Wed Aug 14, 2019, 09:16 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X