Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steamer3
    replied
    All the game pack tickets sold out after 5 minutes, single game tickets to go on sale at a later date

Leave a comment:

• guyroch
    replied
    KeonClark wrote: View Post

You kid, but actually made me consider something. Couldnt a raptor that has been with the team x amount of years apply for dual citizenship and play for Canada? I know I've seen it in hockey.
    Matt Bonner wanted to play for Team Canada..... It took him years and it never did happen … I remember Chriss Kaman woke up
    one morning and wanted to play for Germany and in a blink of a eye he was shooting hoops with Dirk .

More than two years into his quest for Canadian citizenship, Matt Bonner remains grounded by red tape.

So the former Toronto Raptors forward will have to watch with fingers crossed as Canada's men's basketball team bids this week for a berth in the 2012 London Olympics. And then he can only hope he receives his passport in time to suit up next summer if the Canadians do qualify.

"I'm just kind of waiting and hoping," Bonner said in a phone interview. "It's just one of those things. It's hard to talk about because it's kind of a bummer for me. I just wish it would go through so I could represent the country."

The 31-year-old, now with the San Antonio Spurs, owns a home in Toronto. His wife Nadia, whom he met while playing for the Raptors, and daughter Evangeline-Vesper — they call her "E.V." — are Canadian. He also has a grandfather from Newfoundland.

Leave a comment:

• KeonClark
    replied
    bertarapsfan wrote: View Post

Just wait till FVV Jr. grows up that, kids gonna be money
    Karter Lowry and fred jr canadas Olympic backcourt in 2040

Leave a comment:

• nba_4_life
    replied
    Kyle can not play for Team Canada as he already played for Team USA, the others I think theoretically still can if duel citizenship is achieved as they have not played international basketball yet

Leave a comment:

• bertarapsfan
    replied
    KeonClark wrote: View Post

You kid, but actually made me consider something. Couldnt a raptor that has been with the team x amount of years apply for dual citizenship and play for Canada? I know I've seen it in hockey.
    Just wait till FVV Jr. grows up that, kids gonna be money

Leave a comment:

Working...
X