Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Canada Basketball

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Hotshot wrote: View Post

    This did not age well.
    no sir it did not I am so sad my friend had tickets to the qualifiers

    Comment


    • bertarapsfan wrote: View Post
      This would have been the week of the Olympic Qualifiers in Victoria. I was going to go it's disappointing cause next year it will probably be overlapping with the bulk of playoffs and going to miss out on some of the big names. Giannis will likely sit out since he will be a UFA so that will at least help out Canada
      If it's during the first round of the playoffs, we won't have a chance.
      It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

      Comment


      • It's been said before but Canada's PG position is quite amazing for years to come ..
        Jamal Murray put on quite the show today ..

        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CL5Y_ajqFJQ

        Comment


        • guyroch wrote: View Post
          It's been said before but Canada's PG position is quite amazing for years to come ..
          Jamal Murray put on quite the show today ..

          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CL5Y_ajqFJQ
          With Murray and SGA it is easy to play them both together as they would provide great size and play-making in the back court.
          Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

          Comment


          • The CEBL 2020 season is done almost two weeks ago, so we took some time to do analysis of best players during the season.
            Check out who are the best Five and bench, using the advanced statistical parameters at following link:
            https://www.bball-analytics.com/446829503

            Comment


            • bball analyst wrote: View Post
              The CEBL 2020 season is done almost two weeks ago, so we took some time to do analysis of best players during the season.
              Check out who are the best Five and bench, using the advanced statistical parameters at following link:
              https://www.bball-analytics.com/446829503
              The link take me to a Croatian article. Is there one for the CEBL?
              Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

              Comment


              • Steve Nash has just signed a 4 year deal to coach the Nets … Somehow I think he is going to hire Jay Triano to be his assistant ..

                Comment


                • guyroch wrote: View Post
                  Steve Nash has just signed a 4 year deal to coach the Nets … Somehow I think he is going to hire Jay Triano to be his assistant ..
                  That came right out of left field. It's either going to work spectacularly well, or it's going to be an epic crash & burn. Nash did a terrible job with Canada Basketball, as a GM.

                  Comment


                  • golden wrote: View Post

                    That came right out of left field. It's either going to work spectacularly well, or it's going to be an epic crash & burn. Nash did a terrible job with Canada Basketball, as a GM.
                    I agree, I don't think he was ever too focused on the job. Imagine hiring ujiri to recruit for us with nurse as the coach. The players would probably finally show up.
                    It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

                    Comment


                    • golden wrote: View Post

                      That came right out of left field. It's either going to work spectacularly well, or it's going to be an epic crash & burn. Nash did a terrible job with Canada Basketball, as a GM.
                      Kerr was the GM of the Suns and he went nowhere (I remember him bringing in a washed up Shaq and totally killed their chances of winning).

                      Nash would be a better coach than GM. He was one of the best floor generals in the game. And probably has a lot of respect from guys like KD and Kyrie. Heck he was basically an assistant coach on GSW while KD was there (his official role was a special advisor or something).

                      Ultimately coach's don't make that much of a difference. He's going to let his stars play.. and I think he'll be good in the locker room. Guys like LeVert/Harris/etc will love him.

                      Comment


                      • planetmars wrote: View Post

                        Kerr was the GM of the Suns and he went nowhere (I remember him bringing in a washed up Shaq and totally killed their chances of winning).

                        Nash would be a better coach than GM. He was one of the best floor generals in the game. And probably has a lot of respect from guys like KD and Kyrie. Heck he was basically an assistant coach on GSW while KD was there (his official role was a special advisor or something).

                        Ultimately coach's don't make that much of a difference. He's going to let his stars play.. and I think he'll be good in the locker room. Guys like LeVert/Harris/etc will love him.
                        True. Team Canada GM role is basically as a recruiter, which is a much different skill set. On paper, it would seem that Nash would probably be better off in a role where he's closer to game action making decisions in the heat of the battle. But everybody said the exact same things about Jason Kidd. Kerr is the exception, not the rule, btw.

                        This could be an inspired hire or it could be an un-mitigated disaster. Respect to the Nets for the ballsy move.

                        Comment


                        • https://olympics.nbcsports.com/2020/...ason-schedule/
                          NBA participation in Tokyo Olympics could be limited, Adam Silver says

                          Well chances of having a Canadian dream team will have to wait thill next Olympics .. NBA's Next season will run until mid summer .

                          Comment


                          • guyroch wrote: View Post
                            https://olympics.nbcsports.com/2020/...ason-schedule/
                            NBA participation in Tokyo Olympics could be limited, Adam Silver says

                            Well chances of having a Canadian dream team will have to wait thill next Olympics .. NBA's Next season will run until mid summer .
                            Damn. Been waiting for the next NBA player wave to lift Canada's performance at the Olympics forever it seems. Oh well.

                            Comment


                            • Puffer wrote: View Post

                              Damn. Been waiting for the next NBA player wave to lift Canada's performance at the Olympics forever it seems. Oh well.
                              Hot take: this rona virus shit fucking sucks
                              It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

                              Comment


                              • I will be unbelievably pissed if we never get to see a full Team Canada
                                The name's Bond, James Bond.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X