• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• guyroch
    replied
    GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post
    What an utter debacle.

I really hope the players become vocal and band together across the board to speak against the scheduling gripes they seem to have. Clearly no NBAers really seem to want to be there under the circumstances. Exceptions being the back up Americans who wouldn’t normally get to be on the Dream Team, or players like Giannis that are diehard for their nation no matter what.
    They might gripe be if U.S.A doesn't medal ..

Last edited by guyroch; Wed Aug 14, 2019, 11:47 PM.

Leave a comment:

• GOLDBLUM
    replied
    What an utter debacle.

I really hope the players become vocal and band together across the board to speak against the scheduling gripes they seem to have. Clearly no NBAers really seem to want to be there under the circumstances. Exceptions being the back up Americans who wouldn’t normally get to be on the Dream Team, or players like Giannis that are diehard for their nation no matter what.

Leave a comment:

• guyroch
    replied
    stretch wrote: View Post

The question is how many of these players will commit long term to the national program?
    This post was on the first page of this thread .. Wow if Joseph stays home then only 1 man left standing ..

Nick Nurse maybe saying .. I am giving up my summer and everyone is staying home .

Last edited by guyroch; Wed Aug 14, 2019, 09:16 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Hotshot
    replied
    https://www.sportsnet.ca/basketball/...kyo-not-reach/

That leaves Canada’s NBA representation at two, at least in theory: Olynyk’s long-time national team running mate, point guard Cory Joseph of the Sacramento Kings and Orlando Magic big man Khem Birch – as the team gets set to kick off a five-game exhibition series in Australia with back-to-back games against the home team in Perth on Friday and Saturday.

Why in theory? Because according to ace Australian hoops reporter Olgun Uluc, Joseph hadn’t joined the team in Australia, missing its practice in Perth on Wednesday.

No one with Canada Basketball would comment on Joseph’s absence.

Given that Joseph was wavering about joining the team for the World Cup as the first wave of withdrawals hit the roster, it’s a situation that has to be concerning.

Leave a comment:

• golden
    replied
    guyroch wrote: View Post

This isn't actual rankings though … Funny this person compiling the rankings had Nigeria higher then Lithuania
    Yeah, I know... your post just reminded me of some of the reasons why (I think) we got stuck in the Group of Death.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X