• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wiggins joins Team Canada
    Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
      Wiggins joins Team Canada
      Wiggins will never play for team canada, his not that type of player 2 play for his country, very selfish individual.
      Maybe I'm wrong and he grew up while playing for golden state, I don't know..there are tons of better Canadian basketball players than him,it wouldn't hurt 2 have him, his a talent, but not a fan of him.
      "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
      My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

• Dr Hannibal Lecter wrote: View Post

Wiggins will never play for team canada, his not that type of player 2 play for his country, very selfish individual.
        Maybe I'm wrong and he grew up while playing for golden state, I don't know..there are tons of better Canadian basketball players than him,it wouldn't hurt 2 have him, his a talent, but not a fan of him.
        He posted on Instagram that he is joining
        Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post

He posted on Instagram that he is joining
          Well looks like he grew up, it took a while..how long has he been in the league, always says no.
          I'm still not a fan, but he will help team Canada..
          "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
          My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

• SGA-Brooks-Wiggins-Olynyk-Birch starting lineup with RJ and Boucher as the firepower off the bench?
            The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• 007 wrote: View Post
              SGA-Brooks-Wiggins-Olynyk-Birch starting lineup with RJ and Boucher as the firepower off the bench?
              I would expect Birch off the bench, Olynyk starting at C, and a SGA/Brooks/Wiggins/RJ look. Alternatively could start Boucher at PF beside Olynyk and have Brooks and Birch as your 6 and 7.
              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• 007 wrote: View Post
                SGA-Brooks-Wiggins-Olynyk-Birch starting lineup with RJ and Boucher as the firepower off the bench?
                Add Dort, CoJo & TT and you have 2 complete 5-man units.

Nurse can use hockey lineups.... which would be entirely appropriate for Team Canada.

Comment

• Really sucks that Jamal Murray is out. He's Canada's best player.
                  Mamba Mentality

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

Add Dort, CoJo & TT and you have 2 complete 5-man units.

Nurse can use hockey lineups.... which would be entirely appropriate for Team Canada.
                    Alexander-Walker > CoJo.
                    Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Hope SGA plays.. he's our best Canadian (and no it's not Murray). But yeah should be a great tourney if most of these guys show up.

My starting line up would go: SGA, Dort, Wiggins, RJ, Olynyk.

Dort gives them some defense / edge. Brooks is a ball hog, and would take it away from SGA or Wiggins. RJ has to start. So play small with him and Wiggins at the 3/4. And bring Boucher, Brooks, Birch off the bench.

Tristan won't play.. he doesn't give a sh!t about Canada anymore. Cojo will be there, but shouldn't get any minutes lol. Hopefully we can get Dwight Powell. He'd be good too.

Comment

• Dr Hannibal Lecter wrote: View Post

lol he literally just announced it on his instagram

EDITED* saw the rest of the conversation after my bad for laughing but yeah. I was surprised though too.
                        Last edited by TrueTorontoFan; Tue May 25, 2021, 11:27 AM.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

I would expect Birch off the bench, Olynyk starting at C, and a SGA/Brooks/Wiggins/RJ look. Alternatively could start Boucher at PF beside Olynyk and have Brooks and Birch as your 6 and 7.
                          Dwight Powell at PF?

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post

Alexander-Walker > CoJo.
                            I think you need cojo because of the vet leadership and he has earned the right to be there.

I see Cojo and Alexander-Walker on the bench. RJ backing up Wiggins or potentially playing with Wiggins would be nutty. We will see.

I think Dort, Brooks as well. It is crazy how much we have just upgraded our talent even though we always fight and do DECENTLY in recent memory given that we had Jamal Murray pull out and Olynk got injured and a few other things happened. I think Boucher also didn't play for us in the last tournament for some reason. So I think this will be big.

If we had Murray oh man. It's getting to the point where we have a wing rotation that can really compete with the best. Realistically we have a young solid team and if you look at team USA. It is solid right now but I think once Lebron say's no and the rest of them say no they will struggle. Harden, Lebron, and others have kind of done their time. Also they are all getting older and injuries are worrisome for them. I think there is a chance that they go through a bit of a down turn. Look at the last tournament...

Comment

• I suspect Oshae will make the team as well. He did well in Indiana once they picked him up.

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post

I think you need cojo because of the vet leadership and he has earned the right to be there.

I see Cojo and Alexander-Walker on the bench. RJ backing up Wiggins or potentially playing with Wiggins would be nutty. We will see.

I think Dort, Brooks as well. It is crazy how much we have just upgraded our talent even though we always fight and do DECENTLY in recent memory given that we had Jamal Murray pull out and Olynk got injured and a few other things happened. I think Boucher also didn't play for us in the last tournament for some reason. So I think this will be big.

If we had Murray oh man. It's getting to the point where we have a wing rotation that can really compete with the best. Realistically we have a young solid team and if you look at team USA. It is solid right now but I think once Lebron say's no and the rest of them say no they will struggle. Harden, Lebron, and others have kind of done their time. Also they are all getting older and injuries are worrisome for them. I think there is a chance that they go through a bit of a down turn. Look at the last tournament...
                                Nobody has earned the right to be there. Canada Basketball has been a big loser for basically forever. Cojo will have to win his spot in training camp just like everyone else. If we were awarding roster spots based on time spent with team Canada there are a lot of non NBA players that deserve it more than Cojo, Brady Heslip for instance.

Comment

Working...
                                X