Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Canada Basketball

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • planetmars wrote: View Post

    I just assumed he wouldn't and I'm actually quite surprised by this. Good for Tristan man. Glad he's on board. We could use a grizzled vet on this team.

    These are guys that just accepted so far. Still time for others to make the team or for guys that accepted the invite to walk away. SGA is the real difference maker though. Hope he can play. And yeah surprised Boucher didn't accept. I thought he would have signed right away.

    Nice to see Dwight Powell accept as well.

    We need SGA or Murray to seriously contend IMO. I don't trust Wiggins or Barrett as the primary shot creators
    It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

    Comment


    • KeonClark wrote: View Post

      Someone said Tristan Thompson wasn't gonna play? And does this mean SGA and Boucher aren't playing?
      Wow with Murray I thought we would be in good hands with SGA but no SGA .. Are we pinning our hopes on Cory Joseph and Andrew Nembhard . It seems Nik Stauskas has retired from the national team or wants to get ready for next Gleague Season ..

      Sadly we have to root against teams like Grizzlies and Knicks so we can have Dillion Brooks and Barrett at camp
      Last edited by guyroch; Thu May 27, 2021, 02:04 PM.

      Comment


      • Boucher said he's sitting out to heal his injury, same for SGA and Murray. I'd expect if any of them are healthy by the Olympics they could join the team but not sure. Gotta qualify for the Olympics first so one step at a time.

        Comment


        • I remember seeing Aaron Doornekamp play back in his high school days. Him and his brother were well known at the time and teams would always try to contain them.

          It's cool to see him still kicking away at the game.

          Comment


          • Primer wrote: View Post
            Boucher said he's sitting out to heal his injury, same for SGA and Murray. I'd expect if any of them are healthy by the Olympics they could join the team but not sure. Gotta qualify for the Olympics first so one step at a time.
            Man seeing that roster and thinking about Murray, SGA, Boucher....coule have such a good team if everyone could get together at the same time. Hope it happens eventually.
            "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

            Comment


            • If Boucher is sitting out to heal his injuries.. then why did he play at the end of the season when we were tanking the season anyway? Something doesn't add up there. I think it's a contract thing.

              Comment


              • planetmars wrote: View Post
                If Boucher is sitting out to heal his injuries.. then why did he play at the end of the season when we were tanking the season anyway? Something doesn't add up there. I think it's a contract thing.
                The last game he played was the Clippers May 11th, he sat out the last 3 games. If he felt fine he would have played those games, he must still be hurting or aggravated it in the Clippers game. He has zero worry about his contract, it's incredible value for us and one of our best trade assets.

                Comment


                • planetmars wrote: View Post
                  If Boucher is sitting out to heal his injuries.. then why did he play at the end of the season when we were tanking the season anyway? Something doesn't add up there. I think it's a contract thing.
                  I think we have enough Big Men ... Kelly Olynyk plays his best ball in FIBA and Tristan Thompson and Powel are also big bodies who also know FIBA basketball well .

                  Comment


                  • Comment


                    • planetmars wrote: View Post
                      Although skeptical , what makes me believe him is the fact he did once have a serious leg injury and he is tall and you have to take care of your legs

                      Comment


                      • (295) Nick Nurse, Glen Grunwald & Rowan Barrett on roster invitees, short training camp - YouTube

                        Comment


                        • guyroch wrote: View Post

                          Wow with Murray I thought we would be in good hands with SGA but no SGA .. Are we pinning our hopes on Cory Joseph and Andrew Nembhard . It seems Nik Stauskas has retired from the national team or wants to get ready for next Gleague Season ..

                          Sadly we have to root against teams like Grizzlies and Knicks so we can have Dillion Brooks and Barrett at camp
                          CoJo is a very good FIBA pg. He is a plus defender and with the the shorter 2 point line across the arc he a solid threat as a shooter. Wiggins, RJ, Brooks, NAW and Olynyk can all create their own shots enough if needed in a pinch. CoJo will look after the ball and get the offense started, and that's all we need at the qualifiers.

                          Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

                          Comment


                          • Instagram posts aren't working.. but Shai isn't coming.
                            https://www.instagram.com/p/CPYekSlr...d-560536bb7a36


                            Comment


                            • WJF wrote: View Post

                              CoJo is a very good FIBA pg. He is a plus defender and with the the shorter 2 point line across the arc he a solid threat as a shooter. Wiggins, RJ, Brooks, NAW and Olynyk can all create their own shots enough if needed in a pinch. CoJo will look after the ball and get the offense started, and that's all we need at the qualifiers.
                              Could we see Nickeil Alexander-Walker picking up some PG duty ?

                              Comment


                              • guyroch wrote: View Post

                                Could we see Nickeil Alexander-Walker picking up some PG duty ?
                                I’m thinking definitely yes.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X