X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Primer
    replied
    Dvdvideo wrote: View Post

The rest of the team was 9 for 33 in 3pt shots (a whopping 27%), and Lyles lost the game? Please. The fact that the defensive effort wasn't there for 48 minutes was his fault too?
    If you watched it live I don't know how you could come away not feeling that Lyles and Cojo lost us the game. They just could not hit the broad side of a barn on wide open 3's. We forced 19 TO's (only committed 8), the defense was fine, we just didn't make any easy baskets off those turnovers, just kept missing wide open shots.

The refs also were pretty brutal against us, lots of seriously bad calls, but that's secondary for me, we shouldn't have made it close enough to where the refs mattered.

Leave a comment:

• golden
    replied
    guyroch wrote: View Post
    I do think the key was making it too the Olympics . I wish these guys like Olynk and Tristian at least just gave us 3 weeks of their summer . You think they would have tried to redeem their playoff loss to Venezuela .. They only would have to played 2 games ( they could have easily taken China off )
    Yeah, Olynyk would have helped a lot. We shot 24% from 3 on high volume. Kelly is usually pretty clutch in high pressure games, playoffs or international.

Conversely, we allowed them to shoot 46% from 3 and one random dude named Schilb played the game of his life. Czechs just surgically picked apart our defense - exploited size mismatch inside and then kicked out, swung the ball and found wide open shooters on the perimeter.

They really came out swinging in the first quarter, punched us in the mouth and we never really recovered. We never looked ready to play or comfortable the whole game.

Have to tip your hat to the Czechs, rather than play the blame game.

Leave a comment:

• guyroch
    replied
    I do think the key was making it too the Olympics . I wish these guys like Olynk and Tristian at least just gave us 3 weeks of their summer . You think they would have tried to redeem their playoff loss to Venezuela .. They only would have to played 2 games ( they could have easily taken China off )

Leave a comment:

• guyroch
    replied
    Greece handled Turkey quite easy yesterday .. It doesn't mean we would have won Sunday if we got by yesterday . It just means that their wasn't wasn't super team that we would have been over matched with in this tournament and we were playing at home .. You can't friggin shoot the way they did and expect to have sucess .

Cujo was late to camp decided to take his time . He hadn't played since late May and so some rust have been their .

Leave a comment:

• guyroch
    replied
    Dvdvideo wrote: View Post

The rest of the team was 9 for 33 in 3pt shots (a whopping 27%), and Lyles lost the game? Please. The fact that the defensive effort wasn't there for 48 minutes was his fault too?
    I am not making excuses but these New FIBA balls are a bit getting used too . The U.S were complaining about them at the last Worlds ..

Leave a comment:

Working...
X