No announcement yet.

Canada Basketball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nembhard is a fringe draft pick. A good showing here could solidify him in the draft. I'm not surprised he is playing. I think his skills translate well to FIBA.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
      Nembhard is a fringe draft pick. A good showing here could solidify him in the draft. I'm not surprised he is playing. I think his skills translate well to FIBA.
      he hasn't declared for the draft to my knowledge (well this draft - he declared and then withdrew after his freshman season at florida) and he still has a year of eligibility left because he redshirted after he transferred, so he'll likely be back at gonzaga next year (considering the combine is this week).

Comment

• That's a pretty good roster, I like our odds overall.

Comment

• Dvdvideo wrote: View Post
          That's a pretty good roster, I like our odds overall.
          I do agree with you that it is a pretty good roster but a U.S team with all NBA players lost in the Quarters in the last World Championship . Nick Nurse maybe the most important part of this team . How he gets this team ready in very little time will determine it's faith . Some of these teams they are facing I bet have all ready been in camp for weeks already

Comment

• Vassilis Spanoulis is out for Olympic qualifying tournament .

Comment

• chris wrote: View Post

he hasn't declared for the draft to my knowledge (well this draft - he declared and then withdrew after his freshman season at florida) and he still has a year of eligibility left because he redshirted after he transferred, so he'll likely be back at gonzaga next year (considering the combine is this week).
              You're right, I thought he did. With Suggs going in the draft he will be the man on Gonzaga next season ,so that should give him every opportunity to earn a 1st round draft slot. A good showing on team Canada can definitely get him some pre-season draft hype, always looks good to play well against seasoned pros.

Comment

• Jay Triano is getting a lot of props this week .. That last winning play in Suns vs Clippers is being called the Jay Triano play cause he studied the NBA rule book and knew this play existed and used it in a game once .

(97) Tyson Chandler game winning dunk on inbound pass: Suns vs Grizzlies - YouTube

Comment

• Read this on Twitter

As we all await final word on who will be on the SMNT final roster for Victoria. I can confirm that Melvin Ejim did not travel with the team due to personal reasons. Tough loss, big experience and leadership gap to fill.

Comment

• guyroch wrote: View Post
                    Read this on Twitter

As we all await final word on who will be on the SMNT final roster for Victoria. I can confirm that Melvin Ejim did not travel with the team due to personal reasons. Tough loss, big experience and leadership gap to fill.
                    Darn… he was one of the few remaining big bodies with experience…

Comment

• My guess is that Bennet made the team?! Looks to have slimmed down.

Comment

• No major surprises really except Edey over Klassen.

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post
                          No major surprises really except Edey over Klassen.

Don’t know much about Edey v Klassen but the more experienced Klassen is 6’10” while at 19yrs old Edey is a massive 7’4”, 285lbs.

With many of our more experienced big man not showing up and us being decidedly lacking in size overall, it might be a good idea to have a big body like Edey’s around, no?

Great article on him here actually, (Liking the nickname “Big Maple.”

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.hamm...view-zach-edey

Comment

• GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post

Don’t know much about Edey v Klassen but the more experienced Klassen is 6’10” while at 19yrs old Edey is a massive 7’4”, 285lbs.

With many of our more experienced big man not showing up and us being decidedly lacking in size overall, it might be a good idea to have a big body like Edey’s around, no?

Great article on him here actually, (Liking the nickname “Big Maple.”

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.hamm...view-zach-edey
                            Good article.

I guess Nick Nurse truly believes in the quote "You can't teach height".

More likely than not this decision isn't going to make or break this team but how our top NBA guys going to play together in this tournament.

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post
                              More likely than not this decision isn't going to make or break this team but how our top NBA guys going to play together in this tournament.
                              Small ball?

Comment

• GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post

Small ball?
                                At times yes.

But I believe FIBA rules also favors the big men more so than the NBA.

Comment

Working...
                                X