Canada Basketball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• planetmars wrote: View Post
    Good finish.. bad look by Nembhard in the end there though.
    Wow looked at score at one point and we were done 11 .. Great 4th quarter

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
      Good finish.. bad look by Nembhard in the end there though.
      Not sure it was a bad thing to do. If advancing can be determined by points for and against it may be an important 2 points. You could see him looking to the Canadian bench to see what to do. This is a tournament, not just a game, you have to think long term.
      Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post

Actually I don't want to face Greece again.

Now that they know the squad lineup & how they matched against Canada, they will be more comfortable in adjusting & executing their schemes.

My preference is that Greece will exhaust Turkey to the point where they will be very tired the next day & simply fall apart in the game against Canada after the first half.

2 years ago Turkey almost beat the Americans in China & they pretty much have almost the same team (Sengun looks to be an upgrade at the 5 ) so they are dangerous.

http://www.fiba.basketball/basketbal...209/USA-Turkey

Although if Turkey get rattled they are bound to drop the big one against an inferior opponent like they done in their final qualifying game in China:

http://www.fiba.basketball/basketbal...Czech-Republic

Did you watch the game? In the 2nd half we were dominant on both ends. Game was only close because the 1st quarter was the first time these guys had all played together. I think we'd beat them handedly in a rematch if that's what happens.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post

Did you watch the game? In the 2nd half we were dominant on both ends. Game was only close because the 1st quarter was the first time these guys had all played together. I think we'd beat them handedly in a rematch if that's what happens.
          Canada's adjustment to a switch everything defense caught Greece off-guard in the second half, but they started to figure it out late in the 4th quarter. Pitino said they'd be ready for it, if Greece faced Canada again, i.e., make the second or third pass.

Comment

• Judging by how Canada played against the Czech team at the half, if they get passed them it will be very difficult to win the finals.

They don't have chemistry. This is what happens when you don't have continuity for years with the team & not all the best players suit up.

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post
              Judging by how Canada played against the Czech team at the half, if they get passed them it will be very difficult to win the finals.

They don't have chemistry. This is what happens when you don't have continuity for years with the team & not all the best players suit up.
              That and they’re just getting hammered inside. Our lack of size really hurts.

Comment

• Tristan Thompson would have been a big difference maker for us. Still we'd be winning if guys would hit their wide open 3s

Comment

• Nicholson is absolute garbage. That's all I have to say about this game.
                  Mamba Mentality

Comment

• FIBA is corrupted piece of shit organization.

Comment

• That unsportsmanlike was fuckin outrageous.
                      Two shots. … And two shots. … And the ball.
                      ????????????

Lack of interior D and inability to hit the three sunk us today though. Is what it is.

Darn shame.

Comment

• Wow!

Comment

• wow that was an amazing comeback

Comment

• Wow! Maple Jordan for real.

Comment

• !?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Comment

• Lol overtime!! It's about time Wiggins woke up from his nap!

Comment

Working...
                                X