Canada Basketball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dvdvideo wrote: View Post

The rest of the team was 9 for 33 in 3pt shots (a whopping 27%), and Lyles lost the game? Please. The fact that the defensive effort wasn't there for 48 minutes was his fault too?
    If you watched it live I don't know how you could come away not feeling that Lyles and Cojo lost us the game. They just could not hit the broad side of a barn on wide open 3's. We forced 19 TO's (only committed 8), the defense was fine, we just didn't make any easy baskets off those turnovers, just kept missing wide open shots.

The refs also were pretty brutal against us, lots of seriously bad calls, but that's secondary for me, we shouldn't have made it close enough to where the refs mattered.

Comment

• Can somebody explain Corey Joseph . He played horrible.. He is worse now then he was the first time he put on a Canadian Men's Sr Jersey . Shouldn't he have been way way better

Comment

• guyroch wrote: View Post
        Can somebody explain Corey Joseph . He played horrible.. He is worse now then he was the first time he put on a Canadian Men's Sr Jersey . Shouldn't he have been way way better
        "CoJo tricked you'll, man, like he was running the offense. He don't set up good plays, man. He just dribbling around, doing nothing"

Comment

• Who are the top Canadian NBA prospects right now? like i'm talking about prospects who have star potential. If this is really the golden era of CDN basketball then they gotta have more than just Wiggins, Murray, SGA, NAW and Barrett.
          Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post

If you watched it live I don't know how you could come away not feeling that Lyles and Cojo lost us the game. They just could not hit the broad side of a barn on wide open 3's. We forced 19 TO's (only committed 8), the defense was fine, we just didn't make any easy baskets off those turnovers, just kept missing wide open shots.

The refs also were pretty brutal against us, lots of seriously bad calls, but that's secondary for me, we shouldn't have made it close enough to where the refs mattered.
            The defense was not fine in the first half, they destroyed us inside, and we had no urgency/energy. I agree the refs were brutal but it should not have mattered, had we played the entire 40 mins we would have won by 10.

Comment

• We're going to need some 7-footers in the program.

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
                We're going to need some 7-footers in the program.
                The FIBA game is different than the NBA. Big beefy 7 footers are really effective when you can play true zone and pack the paint.
                Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

• We don't need 7 footers but we do need Tristan Thompson and Kelly Olynyk. If we had Murray and SGA it wouldn't have mattered either, those guys can run circles around these slow international players and not miss wide open shots.

If we have the full squad for FIBA America's in 2023 we easily take top 2 and qualify for the next Olympics

Comment

• Canada is in good company .. Teams like Brazil and Lithuania won't be going . I think only U.S and Argentia are going to the Olympics from FIBA Americas

Comment

• Dvdvideo wrote: View Post

The defense was not fine in the first half, they destroyed us inside, and we had no urgency/energy. I agree the refs were brutal but it should not have mattered, had we played the entire 40 mins we would have won by 10.
                      That game felt eerily like a 2020-21 Raptors game: getting pounded inside while some random scrub guard goes off from 3. All the while thinking/knowing that we’re more talented than the opposition. Lol.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

That game felt eerily like a 2020-21 Raptors game: getting pounded inside while some random scrub guard goes off from 3. All the while thinking/knowing that we’re more talented than the opposition. Lol.
                        Yes, every second they played below or even you could feel the odds increasing in thier favor. Not only did it allow them to gain confidence, it narrowed our margins for victory (allowance for error, refs, or a hot player) with every passing minute.

Comment

Canada is in good company .. Teams like Brazil and Lithuania won't be going . I think only U.S and Argentia are going to the Olympics from FIBA Americas
                          You can add Greece to that mix . Czech Republic beat Greece by 25 points .

Comment

You can add Greece to that mix . Czech Republic beat Greece by 25 points .
                            7 of the top 11 in the world won't be in the Olympics ..

Comment

• Not sure how this result plays out in the wider context. Will Canada Basketball lose support and credibility for the 20 years of disappointment? Do the better players decide what's the point of putting their health and reputations on the line if they aren't going to show up well? Or do the new crop of young and talented players get embarrassed with Canada's constant poor showing and engage with r=each other and decide it's time to get it done?

There is no doubt it takes years of commitment to the program to be able to field a quality team. This was only a preliminary, and had more NBA players in it than any other country can field in the Olympics outside of the USA. But no continuity of players, no experience playing together. This country needs at least 10 players to commit to continually show up for 4 years. I hope that happens.

Comment

7 of the top 11 in the world won't be in the Olympics ..
                                That's basically what I'm saying. There is nothing wrong with Canada's program. A lot of the players have been in the program since their teens.

The loss to the Czechs was a one-off. The Czechs peaked at the right time and came out guns blazing. Canada came out flat and never truly recovered. Shit happens in one & done tournaments.

Comment

Working...
                                X