Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Canada Basketball

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • planetmars wrote: View Post

    That's great news! Would still like to see Tristan get an opportunity though. If he can commit.. I think we'll have a solid rotation:

    Shai/Nembhard
    Jamal/NAW
    RJ/Dort/Brooks
    Wiggins/Olynyk
    Powell/Tristan/Edey

    That's 12 guys and a pretty complete roster.
    So crazy that guys like Sharpe, Mathurin, Clarke, Lyles, Boucher, Birch, etc are off that list, but honestly should be (this summer). We are going to have a pretty solid team for a pretty long time.

    Comment


    • slaw wrote: View Post

      Olynyk will start at the 5. Brooks will likely end up at the 4 a bunch - they need him on the floor.
      Kelly eventually came off the bench when were in the medal round, but Powell started with Olynyk at the 4 in the World Cup. Kelly's lack of defense was noticeable. Can't really use him as the lone 5 man IMO. Not against big centers who can sit in the paint all day.

      Since Jamal and Shai will be our primary scorers it would fine to have RJ come off the bench and Brooks to start. Then use RJ as a super sub scorer. The games are short though.. only 10 minute quarters. So may not need to use a lot of the bench unless guys are in foul trouble.


      Will be tough for Jordi to figure out the rotations that work the best. Especially if we can also get Tristan and Wiggins to join. Dort and NAW should get a lot of minutes as well just for their defense.

      Comment


      • Shredder wrote: View Post

        So crazy that guys like Sharpe, Mathurin, Clarke, Lyles, Boucher, Birch, etc are off that list, but honestly should be (this summer). We are going to have a pretty solid team for a pretty long time.
        Yeah Canada basketball is in good shape. The key though is Shai. If he continues to show that level of commitment going forward the rest will continue to follow.

        Comment


        • I get we need size, but why the hell do we keep talking about Tristan Thompson. Might as well see if Sam Dalembert is still playing!

          Comment


          • Joey wrote: View Post
            I get we need size, but why the hell do we keep talking about Tristan Thompson. Might as well see if Sam Dalembert is still playing!
            Because we NeedTristanThompson
            Mamba Mentality

            Comment


            • Joey wrote: View Post
              I get we need size, but why the hell do we keep talking about Tristan Thompson. Might as well see if Sam Dalembert is still playing!
              I look at Tristan as someone that can get a couple rebounds, live in the paint and have 5 fouls to use. If one of Olynyk or Powell or even Edey get in foul trouble it would be good to not have Dort or Wiggins playing 5

              Comment


              • Joey wrote: View Post
                I get we need size, but why the hell do we keep talking about Tristan Thompson. Might as well see if Sam Dalembert is still playing!
                Probably becauase he is a 33 year old active NBA player who plays center and has international experience. It's him, Kelly, and Powell. That's it.

                You're acting like he's been out of the league but he played in the playoffs for Cleveland, still very much an active player.

                Comment


                • Looks like Khem Birch is coming to training camp for the Olympic squad. Could be a nice depth big for a thin front line. He’s healthy and is coming off playing in the Spanish ACB.
                  Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

                  Comment


                  • Dominican Republic v Canada boxscore - FIBA U18 AmeriCup 2024 - 9 June - FIBA.basketball

                    Well when you meet the U.S in the Semi's the best you can do is Bronze and Canada kicked butt in
                    Bronze medal game .. 89-67 ..

                    Our 7'6 center only saw 3 mins of garbage time .. You would think being 7.5 in a young boys tournament that
                    you would see more floor time then 3 mins .. I guess he is really really raw .

                    Comment


                    • guyroch wrote: View Post
                      Dominican Republic v Canada boxscore - FIBA U18 AmeriCup 2024 - 9 June - FIBA.basketball

                      Well when you meet the U.S in the Semi's the best you can do is Bronze and Canada kicked butt in
                      Bronze medal game .. 89-67 ..

                      Our 7'6 center only saw 3 mins of garbage time .. You would think being 7.5 in a young boys tournament that
                      you would see more floor time then 3 mins .. I guess he is really really raw .
                      I think he’s actually 7’8”. I watched a bunch of the games Canada payed at this tournament. He started games early in pool play but was pretty unimpressive. He’s nowhere near to what the player Edey was at this stage.
                      Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

                      Comment


                      • WJF wrote: View Post

                        I think he’s actually 7’8”. I watched a bunch of the games Canada payed at this tournament. He started games early in pool play but was pretty unimpressive. He’s nowhere near to what the player Edey was at this stage.
                        Ya he looked like the definition of a lumbering big.

                        Comment


                        • Shredder wrote: View Post

                          Ya he looked like the definition of a lumbering big.
                          Great White North Stiff

                          Comment


                          • Shredder wrote: View Post

                            Ya he looked like the definition of a lumbering big.
                            Canada qualifoed for the 2025 U19 worlds, I highly doubt he's on that squad as there are some others that are making progress and have decent center size. Mathew Dann played well and at 6'11" fits the position. Dann needs to get stronger and start attacking the rim, but his upside looks good. 6'9"Marial Akuentok was injured and did not play a ton of minutes but he is a guy who will play an bunch moving forward.
                            Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

                            Comment




                            • Thank you for your service. But come on vet time to let new gen in
                              Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

                              Comment


                              • MixxAOR wrote: View Post


                                Thank you for your service. But come on vet time to let new gen in
                                Is there a limit to how many coaches can go?

                                He is a guy that could be a great person to have on the bench, but there are better Canadian players to be on the floor.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X