Canada Basketball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• guyroch wrote: View Post

You would think he would get an invite and if he doesn't make it they would disguise it as an injury .. Also he may not accept the role
    of not getting any playing time if he was placed on the team ..
    No way he would make the team, we are stacked at guard with much better players. That said he deserved an invite over Bell-Haynes. There must be some behind the scenes beef we don't know about that got CoJo uninvited.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post

No way he would make the team, we are stacked at guard with much better players. That said he deserved an invite over Bell-Haynes. There must be some behind the scenes beef we don't know about that got CoJo uninvited.
      I agree with you .. Something is up with not even getting a invite from a previous captain of the team .. Like I mentioned
      before .. I think the two previous times he said yes .. It was like he was doing us a favor and I think he
      wasn't in game shape ..

I don't know if I mentioned this but previous Worlds it was is he coming was a daily news while the team was already
      at the event .
      Last edited by guyroch; Thu Jun 20, 2024, 09:41 PM.

Comment

I agree with you .. Something is up with not even getting a invite from a previous captain of the team .. Like I mentioned
        before .. I think the two previous times he said yes .. It was like he was doing us a favor and I think he
        wasn't in game shape ..

I don't know if I mentioned this but previous Worlds it was is he coming was a daily news while the team was already
        at the even
        t .
        I think CoJo claimed he was injured and that's why he didn't play in the world's. Maybe he was fine and that was an excuse to get out of playing. Just speculating because seems like something else has to be going on there.

Comment

• Cojo is free agent and just wanted to use this opportunity to get his stock back up and disappointed he cant
          Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
            Cojo is free agent and just wanted to use this opportunity to get his stock back up and disappointed he cant
            Not sure how playing in the Team Canada training camp would get his stock up. Might be better optics he isn't getting cut from the team after camp.

Comment

Not sure how playing in the Team Canada training camp would get his stock up. Might be better optics he isn't getting cut from the team after camp.
              In his mind he probably thought he could make it
              Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

I think CoJo claimed he was injured and that's why he didn't play in the world's. Maybe he was fine and that was an excuse to get out of playing. Just speculating because seems like something else has to be going on there.
                I am not talking about this past Worlds cause this past worlds he says he wanted to focus on the Warriors season ..I am talking about the previous worlds ..

I think Cujo isn't invited because I don't think they think he would be fine with being on the roster and not being in the rotation ..

Comment

• U18 women playing in the Americas gold medal game tonight. Watch it in FIBA YouTube.
                  Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

• WJF wrote: View Post
                    U18 women playing in the Americas gold medal game tonight. Watch it in FIBA YouTube.
                    Thanks for the heads up. They were close

Comment

• This may have went under the radar but coach David Blatt who has an amazing resume in international basketball is
                      part of Canada basketball as a consultant .

Comment

• Yuri Gagarin wrote: View Post

Thanks for the heads up. They were close
                        Wow they gave the U.S girls a great game and only lost by 11 .

Comment

This may have went under the radar but coach David Blatt who has an amazing resume in international basketball is
                          part of Canada basketball as a consultant .
                          Huge pick up. One of the top international coaches. We probably have a better coaching staff than USA now if you factor in international experience.

Comment

• U17 FIBA boys world cup starts Saturday the 29th. Not sure where to watch games. I'll post if I find out.
                            Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

• WJF wrote: View Post
                              U17 FIBA boys world cup starts Saturday the 29th. Not sure where to watch games. I'll post if I find out.
                              I saw Spain beat Canada at the buzzard in a exhibition I guess . I didn't know the tourney was going on till you just posted . There was
                              no date on the clip and so didn't know if it was a recent event .

Comment

I saw Spain beat Canada at the buzzard in a exhibition I guess . I didn't know the tourney was going on till you just posted . There was
                                no date on the clip and so didn't know if it was a recent event .
                                That was a tune up game. Canada is still figuring out rotations and roles for the sqaud. They should do well and avance to the quater finals.
                                Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

Working...
                                X