Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Canada Basketball

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • MACK11 wrote: View Post
    After watching Gustavo Ayon and Greivis Vasquez dominate international ball for there respective countries, I cannot wait to see what Wiggins is gonna do these guys
    Carlos Arroyo? The guy somehow comes back from the dead every FIBA Americas.

    Comment


    • NBA players doesn't always equal FIBA success ... NBA superstar ( which Canada doesn't have ) ie Dirk . Gasol , Parker often means international success ..

      Italy had more ( haven't qualified for any international success ) success when not having NBA players on their roster .. Heck I think they once obrained a bronze ..

      Canada had international success not cause Nash was a NBA player it was cause Nash was a HOF NBA player ...

      This Canadian team needs chemistry and a roster with players who know their roles ... The worse thing is having a roster of 14 players who all think they should be starting ...
      Last edited by guyroch; Thu Jun 4th, 2015, 11:52 AM.

      Comment


      • guyroch wrote: View Post
        NBA players doesn't always equal FIBA success ... NBA superstar ( which Canada doesn't have ) ie Dirk . Gasol , Parker often means international success ..

        Italy had more ( haven't qualified for any international success ) success when not having NBA players on their roster .. Heck I think they once obrained a bronze ..

        Canada had international success not cause Nash was a NBA player it was cause Nash was a HOF NBA player ...

        This Canadian team needs chemistry and a roster with players who know their roles ... The worse thing is having a roster of 14 players who all think they should be starting ...
        NBA guys always seem to dominate in these International tournaments. That Italian team was 11 years ago, and was the year the USA got bronze, which was a pretty big fluke if you looks at the Olympics before and after. In 2008 Olympics all the teams that got medals were loaded with NBA players. Same thing happened again at 2012 Olympics.

        Comment


        • guyroch wrote: View Post
          NBA players doesn't always equal FIBA success ... NBA superstar ( which Canada doesn't have ) ie Dirk . Gasol , Parker often means international success ..

          Italy had more ( haven't qualified for any international success ) success when not having NBA players on their roster .. Heck I think they once obrained a bronze ..

          Canada had international success not cause Nash was a NBA player it was cause Nash was a HOF NBA player ...

          This Canadian team needs chemistry and a roster with players who know their roles ... The worse thing is having a roster of 14 players who all think they should be starting ...
          Bargnani's Italian teams' poor play in international tourneys was the first big red flag for me.
          "Stop eating your sushi."
          "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
          "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
          - Jack Armstrong

          Comment


          • Primer wrote: View Post
            NBA guys always seem to dominate in these International tournaments. That Italian team was 11 years ago, and was the year the USA got bronze, which was a pretty big fluke if you looks at the Olympics before and after. In 2008 Olympics all the teams that got medals were loaded with NBA players. Same thing happened again at 2012 Olympics.
            All star NBA players were on those teams that had success ... Heck until recently cause of Love's injury .. No Canadian players
            were even starters ...

            Hopefully NBA Wiggins will be our Dirk one day

            Comment


            • guyroch wrote: View Post
              All star NBA players were on those teams that had success ... Heck until recently cause of Love's injury .. No Canadian players
              were even starters ...

              Hopefully NBA Wiggins will be our Dirk one day
              Not true, a lot of the NBA players on those teams were fringe NBA. Go check out the rosters on wikipedia. In particular the Russian squad that medaled was all fringe guys except Kirilenko. I just want Canada to qualify, medaling will come later.

              Also, Wiggins is a starter too.

              Comment


              • Primer wrote: View Post
                NBA guys always seem to dominate in these International tournaments. That Italian team was 11 years ago, and was the year the USA got bronze, which was a pretty big fluke if you looks at the Olympics before and after. In 2008 Olympics all the teams that got medals were loaded with NBA players. Same thing happened again at 2012 Olympics.
                JimiCliff wrote: View Post
                Bargnani's Italian teams' poor play in international tourneys was the first big red flag for me.
                Seriously. Bargs was a big negative on his national squad. Not sure why BC and his scouts didn't notice that before they re-upped him. Him not playing, and the team's success (there were players with NBA ties on that European championship team) was not a coincidence.

                Comment


                • guyroch wrote: View Post
                  NBA players doesn't always equal FIBA success ... NBA superstar ( which Canada doesn't have ) ie Dirk . Gasol , Parker often means international success ..

                  Italy had more ( haven't qualified for any international success ) success when not having NBA players on their roster .. Heck I think they once obrained a bronze ..

                  Canada had international success not cause Nash was a NBA player it was cause Nash was a HOF NBA player ...

                  This Canadian team needs chemistry and a roster with players who know their roles ... The worse thing is having a roster of 14 players who all think they should be starting ...

                  Talent is the first step towards a contending team. Chemistry and at least average coaching is the next.
                  The name's Bond, James Bond.

                  Comment


                  • These NBA Finals ( playoffs ) I have got a chance to watch a lot of Tristan Thompson .. Love his heart and energy but holly cow is offensive game ugly ..

                    When I hear the money he is turning down it makes me scratch my head but heck he might get it thanks to Lebron
                    Last edited by guyroch; Tue Jun 9th, 2015, 10:41 PM.

                    Comment


                    • So how do the pan am games work? Who's playing for team Canada and who and when are they playing? Has anything even been announced yet? I'm so lost right now lol

                      Comment


                      • NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                        So how do the pan am games work? Who's playing for team Canada and who and when are they playing? Has anything even been announced yet? I'm so lost right now lol
                        http://www.toronto2015.org/0/basketball-schedule

                        google dude....Team roster hasn't been announced but all the information on everything else has been on the website for months...

                        Comment


                        • The Americans are planning on sending a mixture of pro players, collegians, and even retired NBA players to the Pan Am Games.

                          Andy Katz talks about the American camp starting at 1:10 in this video:

                          http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=13051758

                          Comment


                          • Canada has had a couple of very impressive wins in the men's U16 competition in Argentina. Rowan Barrett Jr. led all scorers in a blowout of Mexico last night. He is just 14 years old playing against mostly 16 year olds. Oluwasimisola Shittu, trying saying that 3 times fast, is a 6'10" 15 year old that scored 13 and grabbed 17 boards in the same game.

                            The Canucks have a tough test tonight against the host nation.

                            http://www.fibaamericas.com/en/torne...p?t=IECLYPFCDT

                            Comment


                            • The Canadian U16 team came through last night against Argentina. Simisola Shittu, is a mobile big that has a 3 point shot!

                              The tournament semi final against Canada vs. the Dominican Republic is being streamed live at 5:15 today on the FIBA youtube site:

                              https://www.youtube.com/user/FIBAWorld

                              All of Canada's previous full U16 tournament games are on that FIBA youtube channel.

                              Last night's game against Argentina:

                              Last edited by stretch; Sat Jun 13th, 2015, 04:08 PM.

                              Comment


                              • Thanks for the heads up stretch. Canada has a really deep team. Obviously Shittu and Barrett stand out, but some serious depth at almost every position.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X