Canada Basketball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WJF wrote: View Post
    Not true. There can be insurance issues, NBA teams not allowing you to play, and many other reasons. You can't just make a blanket statement and pass it off as fact.
    Trust me I am a big fan of the National program and as far back as when Jay was actually a player and so I am an expert on excuses but like I said all those reason's given are reason's that can prevent any FIBA player from participating for their country but like previously mentioned other nations players find a reason to play to offset the reason not to play ..

It is time for the excuses to stop ... It is a big summer and all hands on deck as the expression goes ..
    Last edited by guyroch; Thu Jun 18, 2015, 07:31 AM.

Comment

Not true. There can be insurance issues, NBA teams not allowing you to play, and many other reasons. You can't just make a blanket statement and pass it off as fact.
      If you read the article I linked to, Jay Triano has been talking to all the NBA teams with Canadian players making sure it will be ok for them to play in the FIBA Americas, and all the teams have agreed (they just didn't want certain guys to play in the PanAms because of summer league). Now it's just up to the players to say yes.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
        If you read the article I linked to, Jay Triano has been talking to all the NBA teams with Canadian players making sure it will be ok for them to play in the FIBA Americas, and all the teams have agreed (they just didn't want certain guys to play in the PanAms because of summer league). Now it's just up to the players to say yes.
        I never said that all are guys wont be available, rather there are circumstances (other than personal reasons) that can prevent a player from participating.

I want everyone who is reliable to play be available, I want to see us secure an Olympic bid. What I won't do is crap on a guy for not committing to play when he is trying to secure and protect his future.
        Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

I never said that all are guys wont be available, rather there are circumstances (other than personal reasons) that can prevent a player from participating.

I want everyone who is reliable to play be available, I want to see us secure an Olympic bid. What I won't do is crap on a guy for not committing to play when he is trying to secure and protect his future.
          True, but that is only an issue for the PanAms. Free agency should be long done by the time FIBA Americas rolls around, which to me means the only legit excuse to not playing is injury.

Comment

True, but that is only an issue for the PanAms. Free agency should be long done by the time FIBA Americas rolls around, which to me means the only legit excuse to not playing is injury.
            There's no conscription involved with Canada Basketball. Risk of injury, want of rest, family, lying on the beach, or any personal reason you can imagine are legitimate excuses.

Comment

I don't really care about Pam Games . Send who ever ... . Going by the fact Mexico got silver and U.S Bronze and Brazil and Argentina didn't even get to medal rounds shows how little the top nations think of this tourney

Comment

• TSN Partners with Canada Basketball and the International Basketball Federation to Showcase Team Canada’s Road to Rio

http://www.bellmedia.ca/pr/press/tsn...adas-road-rio/

Comment

• stretch wrote: View Post
                  There's no conscription involved with Canada Basketball. Risk of injury, want of rest, family, lying on the beach, or any personal reason you can imagine are legitimate excuses.
                  Legitimate to you perhaps, but not to me, which is why I specifically said "which to me means the only legit excuse to not playing is injury." Just as they are not conscripted to participate in Canada Basketball, I'm not conscripted to support them if they choose not to participate for a reason I find to be bullshit. If I hear Tristan skipped the Olympic qualifiers to go lay on a beach then he lost me as a fan.

Comment

• guyroch wrote: View Post
                    TSN Partners with Canada Basketball and the International Basketball Federation to Showcase Team Canada’s Road to Rio

http://www.bellmedia.ca/pr/press/tsn...adas-road-rio/
                    TSN really stepping up with basketball coverage these days. I like it.

Comment

• guyroch wrote: View Post
                      I don't really care about Pam Games . Send who ever ... . Going by the fact Mexico got silver and U.S Bronze and Brazil and Argentina didn't even get to medal rounds shows how little the top nations think of this tourney
                      I think the only real reason people are making such a big deal out of the Pan Am games, is that we are hosting them. You always want to put on a good showing on your home court.

Comment

• Hoping for more Raptor games not on TSN2.... please?
                        Axel wrote:
                        Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                        KeonClark wrote:
                        We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                        KeonClark wrote:
                        I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• Cody73 wrote: View Post
                          Hoping for more Raptor games not on TSN2.... please?
                          They should have 82 games + Playoffs on 1 single channel just like the 29 other teams in the NBA.
                          "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
                            They should have 82 games + Playoffs on 1 single channel just like the 29 other teams in the NBA.
                            I agree. Even sharing them on radio is stupid.
                            Axel wrote:
                            Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                            KeonClark wrote:
                            We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                            KeonClark wrote:

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• Cody73 wrote: View Post
                              I agree. Even sharing them on radio is stupid.
                              I prefer having games spread out over 8 different channels with random games being switched last minute. Preempting for Curling and Darts or having the final possessions cut away for World Poker is also nice. The insightful, unbiased commentator is a treat. I even love Mo Pete's impersonation of dead air

Comment

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
                                I prefer having games spread out over 8 different channels with random games being switched last minute. Preempting for Curling and Darts or having the final possessions cut away for World Poker is also nice. The insightful, unbiased commentator is a treat. I even love Mo Pete's impersonation of dead air
                                Um...... did you forget that we use pink font to be sarcastic?
                                Axel wrote:
                                KeonClark wrote:
                                KeonClark wrote:

Comment

Working...
                                X