X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• chris
    replied
    Maury wrote: View Post
    Do you expect the Raptors to go deep in the playoffs?
    golden wrote: View Post
    Perhaps something about Barrett's dad being the GM of Basketball Canada, and RJ being NBA recruiter in chief. With or without Raps making the playoffs.... RJ is going (barring injury).
    i read tom's post in pink font

Leave a comment:

• chris
    replied
    The Great One wrote: View Post
    I'm just curious, if the Thunder and Nuggets go deep in the playoffs this year, do you think that would affect SGA and Murray's availability at the Olympics?
    no, not unless there's an injury concern. (meaning an injury they already sustained in the playoffs and not as a preventative measure due to a long playoff run)

Leave a comment:

• golden
    replied
    TomAmnot wrote: View Post

Why do you exclude Barrett from your question?
    Perhaps something about Barrett's dad being the GM of Basketball Canada, and RJ being NBA recruiter in chief. With or without Raps making the playoffs.... RJ is going (barring injury).

Leave a comment:

• Maury
    replied
    TomAmnot wrote: View Post

Do you expect the Raptors to go deep in the playoffs?

Leave a comment:

• TomAmnot
    replied
    The Great One wrote: View Post
    I'm just curious, if the Thunder and Nuggets go deep in the playoffs this year, do you think that would affect SGA and Murray's availability at the Olympics?

Leave a comment:

• The Great One
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Quirk
    replied
    NeedTristanThompson wrote: View Post

I#NEEDANEWUSERNAME
    Buy low, get in ahead of the hype

NeedLeonardMiller or NeedZachEdey

Leave a comment:

• Primer
    replied
    needtristanthompson wrote: View Post

i probably do, but gosh it would be such a change!

Also the raptors seem to now have a policy of acquiring good canadian talent now which was why i chose that username back in 2014 - at the time tt was one of the few canadians who were decent in the league and i thought we should acquire him mostly because he was canadian. And the front office didn't seem too interested in specifically acquiring canadians back then so i wanted to push for it.

I could become #needshaigilgeous-alexander but that would be pretty obvious.
    #needdillonbrooks ??

Maybe.

I wouldn't want to become #needandrewwiggins because i don't think anyone needs him.

#needanthonybennett?? Of course we already got him and found out we didn't.
    #neednikstauskas??

#needcoryjoseph??

It's got to be someone who is ideally canadian and someone who it would be good to get but not someone that the front office obviously would get if they were available. Just someone good enough that you can make an argument that we should get them and the fact that they're canadian should push them over the edge.

Open to suggestions!

#needanewusername
    #needludort

Leave a comment:

• The Great One
    replied
    needtristanthompson wrote: View Post

i probably do, but gosh it would be such a change!

Also the raptors seem to now have a policy of acquiring good canadian talent now which was why i chose that username back in 2014 - at the time tt was one of the few canadians who were decent in the league and i thought we should acquire him mostly because he was canadian. And the front office didn't seem too interested in specifically acquiring canadians back then so i wanted to push for it.

I could become #needshaigilgeous-alexander but that would be pretty obvious.
    #needdillonbrooks ??

Maybe.

I wouldn't want to become #needandrewwiggins because i don't think anyone needs him.

#needanthonybennett?? Of course we already got him and found out we didn't.
    #neednikstauskas??

#needcoryjoseph??

It's got to be someone who is ideally canadian and someone who it would be good to get but not someone that the front office obviously would get if they were available. Just someone good enough that you can make an argument that we should get them and the fact that they're canadian should push them over the edge.

Open to suggestions!

#needanewusername
    #needmurray25

Leave a comment:

• NeedTristanThompson
    replied

Absolutely. I remember the painful Ben Johnson scandal and we don’t need or want cheaters representing our country.

But maybe you #NEEDNEWUSERNAME ? lol.
    I probably do, but gosh it would be such a change!

Also the Raptors seem to now have a policy of acquiring good Canadian talent now which was why I chose that username back in 2014 - at the time TT was one of the few Canadians who were decent in the league and I thought we should acquire him mostly because he was Canadian. And the front office didn't seem too interested in specifically acquiring Canadians back then so I wanted to push for it.

I could become #NEEDSHAIGILGEOUS-ALEXANDER but that would be pretty obvious.
    #NEEDDILLONBROOKS ??

Maybe.

I wouldn't want to become #NEEDANDREWWIGGINS because I don't think anyone needs him.

#NEEDANTHONYBENNETT?? Of course we already got him and found out we didn't.
    #NEEDNIKSTAUSKAS??

#NEEDCORYJOSEPH??

It's got to be someone who is ideally Canadian and someone who it would be good to get but not someone that the front office obviously would get if they were available. Just someone good enough that you can make an argument that we should get them and the fact that they're Canadian should push them over the edge.

Open to suggestions!

#NEEDANEWUSERNAME

Leave a comment:

• guyroch
    replied
    I heard on the Will Lou podcast that Andrew Nembhard was asked to play this summer but he wanted
    too stay behind and work with the Pacers .. Hopefully he will be given an opportunity this summer .

Leave a comment:

• golden
    replied

Can someone still play in FIBA after a doping suspension???

I'm not sure if we need cheaters to be honest.

For the first time in my life I am unsure if we #NEEDTRISTANTHOMPSON
    Absolutely. I remember the painful Ben Johnson scandal and we don’t need or want cheaters representing our country.

But maybe you #NEEDNEWUSERNAME ? lol.

Leave a comment:

• Primer
    replied

FIBA cooperates with the NBA anti-doping program so I believe he is currently suspended by FIBA as well.

Leave a comment:

• NeedTristanThompson
    replied

Canada has a lot of guards & wings, but we also need to develop some bigs to battle those international behemoths who know how to leverage their size & bulk in FIBA rules.

NeedTristanThompson

Leave a comment:

• guyroch
    replied
    WJF wrote: View Post

Or maybe he’s shown tremendous growth with his quickness and mobility and has shown teams that he’s worth a kick in the mid first round.
    For his size he has shown a lot of durability .

Leave a comment:

Working...
X