Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Canada Basketball

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • JimiCliff wrote: View Post
    It's almost frightening how clearly I hear it in my head
    hahah CA-DOUUU-GAN! CA-DOUU-GAN! SHHHOOORYUKEN!
    The Double Champ is here!
    Dynasty King: RRNBADLS7
    Raptors: Larry O'Brien

    Comment


    • That was a decent game. Subpar competition but outside of some hot shooting by Heslip they didn't really need to execute perfectly to end up with a 20 point lead.
      twitter.com/dhackett1565

      Comment


      • Vasquez is not playing for Venezuela in the Pan Am games.

        Comment


        • Watched the game and really enjoyed what I saw .. Brady Heslip is one of the Canada's best FIBA tournament players .. He is Canada's version of NBA MVP Curry when it comes to these events . Just love watching him hit 3's and is instant offence off the bench ... Murray at 18 has the poise of a veteran and the offense took off when both he and Brady hit the floor .. Our two NBA bigs played great and our 7'5 giant looks like his game has grown in the past year ..

          On a negative note .. English is the same English and he is Canada's version of JR Smith ie he hasn't saw a shot he doesn't like ..

          Heck again I loved watching it and could type for hours but interested to read others point of view

          Comment


          • English took 5 shots in 17+ minutes.

            Comment


            • JimiCliff wrote: View Post
              How long till Heslip's starting? Next game?
              I like the rotation with Brady coming off the bench. Let the starters work through the bigs to get the game going them bring in Brady and Murray to shift to more offense from the back-court.
              Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

              Comment


              • WJF wrote: View Post
                I like the rotation with Brady coming off the bench. Let the starters work through the bigs to get the game going them bring in Brady and Murray to shift to more offense from the back-court.
                Totally agree .. Why fix something that isn't broken ie he is an effective scorer for the second unit ... Although with Junior Cadougan he had his struggles but it is just the first game ...

                Their offense looked smooth but here is hoping their defense has another level cause completion is only going to get tougher ...

                Comment


                • JimiCliff wrote: View Post
                  How long till Heslip's starting? Next game?
                  Another question is when is a NBA team going to give this guy a legit opportunity .... Every where he goes seems to be effective ... Scored 50 points in NDBL game ... Was all over ESPN for his performance in the D-League and went to Euorpe and was Finals MVP ... You look at the guy and his body structure doesn't scream NBA but heck couldn't you also say that about
                  another Canadian who came out of St Clara in the NCAA and became 2 time MVP ...

                  Comment


                  • Mack North wrote: View Post

                    The whole thing is pissing me off really... from my drives to and from work on the Gardiner/QEW, to not enough TV
                    Hey think on the bright side, at least you can pay less at the movies (grandpa)!

                    lol seriously though, I think they're lax on the coverage because they want people going to these things instead of sitting at home to watch
                    A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

                    Comment


                    • e_wheazhy_ wrote: View Post
                      Hey think on the bright side, at least you can pay less at the movies (grandpa)!

                      lol seriously though, I think they're lax on the coverage because they want people going to these things instead of sitting at home to watch
                      Streaming is better then TV ... I got home but only saw the 4th quarter but with a flick of a finger I restarted the game and watched it from the beginning .. TV ( unless you have the restart from FIBE TV and that you can't fast forward ) you can't do that .. I would have proably have to have waited till 11 to watch it again

                      Comment


                      • To keep it in perspective, the last time I watched a Pan Am basketball was when Oscar Schmidt dropped 47 points on the Americans in 1987.

                        There is more interest on the Canadian national team on a Kentucky basketball fan forum than here on RR. (66 posts on one thread last night).

                        http://kentucky.forums.rivals.com/th...at-6pm.105465/

                        Comment


                        • stretch wrote: View Post
                          To keep it in perspective, the last time I watched a Pan Am basketball was when Oscar Schmidt dropped 47 points on the Americans in 1987.


                          http://kentucky.forums.rivals.com/th...at-6pm.105465/
                          I was watching ESPN 30 for 30 and they had a show on Oscar Schmidt and that particular game ... Wow I became a big fan of Oscar after that show ..

                          And as for your first point ... Yesterday was last time I watched a Pan Am basketball game ie it was my first ...

                          Although I do wish Raptor TV could have had a post game show after the game ...

                          Comment


                          • Sorry for my ignorance, but what athletes are the pan am games for? (I realize they are for the pan-am countries) Do any NBA players play in it? Could say Lebron come in and tear up the tournament if he wanted to?
                            SPECIAL REPORT: March 27th, 2017, it is now confirmed Lebron James has had both his back and his dignity broken by the vicious swinging right elbow of ruthless heavyweight PF and notorious bad-boy David Lee

                            Comment


                            • Brian Scallabrine wrote: View Post
                              Sorry for my ignorance, but what athletes are the pan am games for? (I realize they are for the pan-am countries) Do any NBA players play in it? Could say Lebron come in and tear up the tournament if he wanted to?

                              Yes Lebron or any other NBA player can play in this tournament ... But as you can see by the rosters it seems being Pan Am champ isn't on most NBA player bucket list

                              Comment


                              • stretch wrote: View Post
                                To keep it in perspective, the last time I watched a Pan Am basketball was when Oscar Schmidt dropped 47 points on the Americans in 1987.

                                There is more interest on the Canadian national team on a Kentucky basketball fan forum than here on RR. (66 posts on one thread last night).

                                http://kentucky.forums.rivals.com/th...at-6pm.105465/
                                There is also a Gonzaga perspective on Pan Am basketball (Mark Few coaching USA, Wiltjer 12th man for Canada, and J.P. Bautista on the Brazilian team.

                                http://guboards.spokesmanreview.com/...-Games-Thread&

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X