X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• guyroch
    replied
    slaw wrote: View Post
    So what happens if Canada loses the enxt game? I thought they only had to finish top 3 and they already beat Hungary.
    Good question.. Spain beat Canada but Spain lost to Japan but Japan lost to the team Canada beat

Leave a comment:

• slaw
    replied
    So what happens if Canada loses the enxt game? I thought they only had to finish top 3 and they already beat Hungary.

Leave a comment:

• WJF
    replied
    Late 3rd quarter up 3 on Spain.

Leave a comment:

• Puffer
    replied
    guyroch wrote: View Post

Woman are getting the job done .. 1 down .. I think one more win and they are off to the Olympics
    Absolutely correct. They looked in control pretty much the whole game against Hungary. Tomorrow is a big game. I feel confident they will win,

Leave a comment:

• guyroch
    replied
    WJF wrote: View Post
    Canadian Women play thier first Olympic qualifying game today. It will be aired on SportsNet. https://www.basketball.ca/news/canad...e-on-sportsnet

First game is 1pm Eastern today.
    Woman are getting the job done .. 1 down .. I think one more win and they are off to the Olympics

Leave a comment:

• WJF
    replied
    Canadian Women play thier first Olympic qualifying game today. It will be aired on SportsNet. https://www.basketball.ca/news/canad...e-on-sportsnet

First game is 1pm Eastern today.

Leave a comment:

• guyroch
    replied
    Raptors got 2 of Canada's starting 5 on their team ... Heck we could have had Dillion Brooks this summer if we wanted ..

Leave a comment:

• Primer
    replied
    guyroch wrote: View Post

This guy cheats in all aspects of life it seems .. I assume as training camp approached and he wasn't in NBA game body shape
    he decided to take a quick fix .. to fix his body situation ..
    He cheaped out too and got PEDs anyone can get that are easily detected.

Leave a comment:

• guyroch
    replied
    WJF wrote: View Post
    Tristan Thompson just got a 25 game ban from NBA for what looks like steroid use. Doubt he gets considered now.
    This guy cheats in all aspects of life it seems .. I assume as training camp approached and he wasn't in NBA game body shape
    he decided to take a quick fix .. to fix his body situation ..

Leave a comment:

• WJF
    replied
    Tristan Thompson just got a 25 game ban from NBA for what looks like steroid use. Doubt he gets considered now.

Leave a comment:

• planetmars
    replied
    Primer wrote: View Post

So we already have a decent C rotation with Powell and Olynyk.

Lyle's would do a better job as 3rd C than Edey would. Edey was extremely bad, like how can you criticize Olynyk's defense and then suggest we need Edey on the roster, his defense was abysmal. You take any Canadian NBA player 6'9 or taller over Edey.
    Yean not many 6'9 guys though. Lyles is definitely not built to be a center. I think of him more as a wing. Just a taller wing. But I don't see him jostling with guys like JV or Sabonis. Yet alone Embiid or Jokic.

I'd be fine with Ejim then as the other big. But we should be carrying 3 not 2 into the world cup.

Leave a comment:

• Primer
    replied
    planetmars wrote: View Post

Yeah Olynyk had to come off the bench since his defense was brutal (he was starting early in the tournament). I think he will be the primary backup 5.. but we should have a third option too. Someone can get hurt. I'd rather not have someone like Lyles be the only remaining center on the roster.

And no, Powell was awesome. He was one of our key players on the team. We would have been so screwed if Powell wasn't playing and starting.
    So we already have a decent C rotation with Powell and Olynyk.

Lyle's would do a better job as 3rd C than Edey would. Edey was extremely bad, like how can you criticize Olynyk's defense and then suggest we need Edey on the roster, his defense was abysmal. You take any Canadian NBA player 6'9 or taller over Edey.

Leave a comment:

• planetmars
    replied

Olynyk was great as our backup C. He averaged 22 minutes, 11 points, 5 reb, 3 ast. He was absolutely crucial in our wins over France and Latvia. Feel like you forgot everything about the world cup. Olynyk was more important than Powell.
    Yeah Olynyk had to come off the bench since his defense was brutal (he was starting early in the tournament). I think he will be the primary backup 5.. but we should have a third option too. Someone can get hurt. I'd rather not have someone like Lyles be the only remaining center on the roster.

And no, Powell was awesome. He was one of our key players on the team. We would have been so screwed if Powell wasn't playing and starting.

Leave a comment:

• WJF
    replied

Olynyk was great as our backup C. He averaged 22 minutes, 11 points, 5 reb, 3 ast. He was absolutely crucial in our wins over France and Latvia. Feel like you forgot everything about the world cup. Olynyk was more important than Powell.
    This!

Leave a comment:

• Primer
    replied
    planetmars wrote: View Post

Yeah I know that he was mostly unplayable.. but he's a big body. We're so thin up front that I would like him to get the 12th spot as a break in case of emergency type of thing mostly. I don't want to see Olynyk be our backup center for example as he's basically unplayable at that spot as well.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X