X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WJF
    replied
    guyroch wrote: View Post

If he is 13th then you know it's going to be a weak draft ..
    Or maybe he’s shown tremendous growth with his quickness and mobility and has shown teams that he’s worth a kick in the mid first round.

Leave a comment:

• guyroch
    replied
    The Great One wrote: View Post
    He's going to be our starting C in Paris right?

If he is 13th then you know it's going to be a weak draft ..

Leave a comment:

• planetmars
    replied
    Watched the last 3.5 minutes of that Spain/Hungary game. Knowing the outcome, and I was shocked like a lot of you. Saw that Hungary was up 19 at half and had a 30+ point lead at one point. Hungary just lost al their composure I guess and let Spain back in. Just fouling on every possession. Hungary went up 6 with like 2 minutes left, but Spain got to the line and chipped away at the lead until they took it. Even then Hungary had a chance to take the lead with like 25 seconds and did nothing with their possession.

Congrats Canada for sneaking in! Tough way to get in, but we've been on the other side of that for so many years. Nice to get that break finally.

Leave a comment:

• Puffer
    replied
    Jclaw wrote: View Post
    wait...what?!.....that's awesome...left them for dead thinking Spain had nothing to play for
    I'll admit I did the same. Going to the Olympics and have learned a lesson about terrible strategic thinking from the coach. With Japan they focused on preventing the three ball to the point that no one was switching as the Japanese players ran a layup line through 4 quarters for the win. Terrible to watch but lessons learned by all I hope.

Leave a comment:

• The Great One
    replied
    Vamos!

Leave a comment:

• Jclaw
    replied
    wait...what?!.....that's awesome...left them for dead thinking Spain had nothing to play for

Leave a comment:

• guyroch
    replied
    WJF wrote: View Post
    Hungary up 19 at the half vs. Spain!
    I saw that too and had just gave up saying oh well they are out and then
    I thought to check the final score just for curiosity and see Spain won by 1 .. Holly Crap !!

Leave a comment:

• WJF
    replied
    Hungary up 19 at the half vs. Spain!

Leave a comment:

• WJF
    replied
    The game was back and forth and Canda foaught hard. Missing Kia Nurse hurt. If we qualify, look for Aaliyah Edwards to join the squad to bolster teh front court.

Leave a comment:

• slaw
    replied
    Good grief. Tell me more anbout how coaching and preparation don’t matter again. Team collapsed two games in a row.

Leave a comment:

• guyroch
    replied

Canada plays Japan first. I hope they take care of business and win. That way they don’t leave it in anyone else’s hands.
    Well in typical Canada basketball fashion they lost and so for next few hours we are Spain fans .. Funny how Spain again has the hopes of Canada in their hands.

Leave a comment:

• WJF
    replied
    guyroch wrote: View Post

How I heard it . If Canada wins they are in but if they lose they need Spain to beat Hungary ...

Spain v Hungary boxscore - FIBA Women's Olympic Qualifying Tournament Hungary 2024 - 11 February - FIBA.basketball
    Canada plays Japan first. I hope they take care of business and win. That way they don’t leave it in anyone else’s hands.

Leave a comment:

• WJF
    replied
    The Great One wrote: View Post

Highly doubt he’s a starter, but if he’s available he should see more run than he did a worlds.

Leave a comment:

• The Great One
    replied

Leave a comment:

• guyroch
    replied

Hungary beating Japan really throws a wrench into things.
    How I heard it . If Canada wins they are in but if they lose they need Spain to beat Hungary ...

Spain v Hungary boxscore - FIBA Women's Olympic Qualifying Tournament Hungary 2024 - 11 February - FIBA.basketball

Leave a comment:

Working...
X