Canada Basketball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Primer wrote: View Post
    I'm fine with Bhullar being on the team as a 3rd C. Would be useful if the opposing team has a really large big man. Bhullar's defense and shot blocking are pretty legit, like every time I saw a guard drive towards him I knew it was going to be an easy blocked shot. It's also an auto-dunk if you can get him the ball within 3 feet of the basket. I haven't seen Sacre or Birch with the national team though so I can't really say who Bhullar should replace there. I'm excited to see what the FIBA roster ends up being.
    Yeah, I don't have a problem with Bhullar making the team. I think he's the sort of guy who might never make a big impact in the NBA, but can make a huge impact at any level just under the NBA. I just really like Birch and think he's an excellent depth player, and of course much more versatile.

Comment

• blackjitsu wrote: View Post
      Hanlan can't play unless he gets a guarantee and Ennis just had surgery. Makes me mildly worried about the bench. No way English should be on the team. I agree Heslip is way more important. Pangos would be a good addition, but again, he needs a guarantee somewhere. Khem Birch is an interesting option at the 4/5 as well.

Even if TT doesn't get his contract sorted on time, the frontcourt options are way better than past teams.
      Pangos signed with a team in Spain.
      Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

• Employee wrote: View Post
        Yeah I like Heslip and Hanlan off the bench over English. Also put Sacre over Lyles and Anthony at this point.
        I would seriously examine the 1st quarter of the Brazil game ... What type of players are needed to with stand that type of opponent cause in August what Brazil did is what we will see a lot ..

Comment

• Employee wrote: View Post
          Pangos signed with a team in Spain.
          Cool, so he should be available. Gran Canaria is a pretty strong team.

http://www.khq.com/story/29627114/pa...m-gran-canaria

Comment

• guyroch wrote: View Post
            I would seriously examine the 1st quarter of the Brazil game ... What type of players are needed to with stand that type of opponent cause in August what Brazil did is what we will see a lot ..
            To me, the CDN team just looked pretty flat and emotionally drained - not really into the game at the start. Brazil had a hot shooting start and we were ice cold (missing shots we normally make, lol). Canada's "gold" medal game was beating Team USA the night before, IMO.

Comment

• octothorp wrote: View Post
              He's already played for US at senior, international level.
              Thx

Comment

• guyroch wrote: View Post
                Is it because Nik Stauskas was drafted in NBA the reason people have him a lock on their lists .... I would have Andy Rautins and Heslip over English ... English did nothing in the Pan Am games that would scream a call for August ... It was often the bench backcourt that had to get the Canadian team back in the game ..

Defensively Tristan will do wonder for Canada's team defense .. Hope he gets his contract worked out ...
                Oops totally forgot Heslip, don't know how that happened seeing as he's from my city lol

Comment

• NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                  CJ/Murray/Pangos or Cadougan
                  Staus/Heslip/Murray
                  Wiggins/Ejim
                  Thompson/Nicholson/Bennett
                  Olynck/Sacre/Lyles/Birch

I'd say we have a great group at the moment, I'm so excited for Fiba americas
                  Fixed it!

Comment

• the fact that Thompson still doesn't have a contract going into Aug is worrying...Cav's need to sign him already so he can confirm playing in FIBA America's! although PF is probably our deepest position.

Comment

• FIBA has set a July 31st deadline for Brazil's debt owed and is standing firm on no automatic Olympic berth without payment meaning only the winner of FIBA Americas will qualify directly. We will know soon if Brazil needs to send it's A team to Mexico. In my mind Brazil is the favourite to win in Mexico with Argentina being right there also.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sport...ticle25728529/

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                        Canada's "gold" medal game was beating Team USA the night before, IMO.
                        No.

Canada's Gold medal game was against Brazil. Canada came out flat, came up short, and lost.

It happens, no need for analysis or too much grief.... they did well. I'm pretty happy to see where Canada Basketball is at now.

Comment

• stretch wrote: View Post
                          FIBA has set a July 31st deadline for Brazil's debt owed and is standing firm on no automatic Olympic berth without payment meaning only the winner of FIBA Americas will qualify directly. We will know soon if Brazil needs to send it's A team to Mexico. In my mind Brazil is the favourite to win in Mexico with Argentina being right there also.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sport...ticle25728529/
                          There's one key point I didn't see mentioned in the article, which is that according to wikipedia:

If FIBA decides that Brazil has to qualify via the 2015 FIBA Americas Championships, the 2016 Olympic Qualifying Tournaments would have an additional participant each.

(I cannot find this in the article that wikipedia references, so it may not be true, but it makes sense, I'm going to assume that wikipedia is right here.)

So if Brazil is forced to play at FIBA Americas, then the top 3 would qualify for the Olympics. Presumably (not guaranteed), spots 4-6 then go to next summer's qualification tournament. So Canada's odds are slightly better if Brazil is forced to qualify (top 3 of a field including Brazil is slightly better odds than top 2 of a field that does not include Brazil).

Comment

• octothorp wrote: View Post
                            There's one key point I didn't see mentioned in the article, which is that according to wikipedia:

If FIBA decides that Brazil has to qualify via the 2015 FIBA Americas Championships, the 2016 Olympic Qualifying Tournaments would have an additional participant each.

(I cannot find this in the article that wikipedia references, so it may not be true, but it makes sense, I'm going to assume that wikipedia is right here.)

So if Brazil is forced to play at FIBA Americas, then the top 3 would qualify for the Olympics. Presumably (not guaranteed), spots 4-6 then go to next summer's qualification tournament. So Canada's odds are slightly better if Brazil is forced to qualify (top 3 of a field including Brazil is slightly better odds than top 2 of a field that does not include Brazil).
                            I had it wrong and yes there are two spots qualifying from FIBA Americas not one. Brazil has all the pieces in place to qualify on their own merit through the tournament in Mexico. Maybe FIBA never gets their money from Brazil.

Comment

• Steve Nash ever been rumoured to be a Team Canada assistant? Or raps assistant?
                              SPECIAL REPORT: March 27th, 2017, it is now confirmed Lebron James has had both his back and his dignity broken by the vicious swinging right elbow of ruthless heavyweight PF and notorious bad-boy David Lee

Comment

• Brian Scallabrine wrote: View Post
                                Steve Nash ever been rumoured to be a Team Canada assistant? Or raps assistant?
                                May help in development but not coaching

Comment

Working...
                                X