Canada Basketball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brian Scallabrine wrote: View Post
    Steve Nash ever been rumoured to be a Team Canada assistant? Or raps assistant?
    Nash is Team Canada GM.

My understanding is his family lives in LA so that's where he wants to be, and he's expressed very little interest in coaching.
    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
      Nash is Team Canada GM.

My understanding is his family lives in LA so that's where he wants to be, and he's expressed very little interest in coaching.
      He was behind the bench and was in all the huddles during the games at the Pan Ams. Seems like he's taking some part in the coaching, or at least micro-managing it. I've never seen a GM in all the huddles before.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
        Nash is Team Canada GM.

He may become the Hakeem Olajuwon of PG's ie like everyone sends their big man to Hakeem teams may send young PG to
        Nash camp ..

ie Lakers guards Clarkson, Russell to work out with Steve Nash

http://fantasynews.cbssports.com/fan...ith-steve-nash

Comment

• Superjudge wrote: View Post
          No.

Canada's Gold medal game was against Brazil. Canada came out flat, came up short, and lost.

It happens, no need for analysis or too much grief.... they did well. I'm pretty happy to see where Canada Basketball is at now.
          i don't think he was saying that anyone thinks beating the USA was better than the gold medal, but just that the Canadians used up all of their emotional / mental reserves with that game (as if it were a gold medal game) and that's why they were so flat.

Comment

• guyroch wrote: View Post
            He may become the Hakeem Olajuwon of PG's ie like everyone sends their big man to Hakeem teams may send young PG to
            Nash camp ..

ie Lakers guards Clarkson, Russell to work out with Steve Nash

http://fantasynews.cbssports.com/fan...ith-steve-nash
            maybe he'll actually be able to have some effect unlike Olajuwon.

Comment

• Ryan Woolstat says Jamal Murray may not be available for FIBA Americas in September due to UK commitments.

http://www.torontosun.com/2015/07/27...-fiba-americas

Triano on the makeup of the roster headed to Mexico:

“There will probably be six or seven players who were at NBA Summer League or had contract issues or weren’t given permission,” Triano said after Canada lost to Brazil 86-71 in the gold-medal game on Saturday night.

“Those guys are going to be in the mix for sure. We’ll probably have seven of these guys come to camp and that’s 14 in camp and I’ll have to cut two. It’s not going to be an easy (trick) later this summer to figure out how we’re going to put together the team. You don’t take the 12 best players, you take guys who fit roles, guys who will accept roles and it’s going to be an interesting summer for us.”

Comment

• As long as Wiggins and Cojo are on board i'll be happy tbh.

Comment

• NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                  As long as Wiggins and Cojo are on board i'll be happy tbh.
                  It will be interesting to know how Wiggins's game also lack of FIBA senior experience will translate in this tourney ... His athletic ability may help Canada's defense ...

I think all our bigs have have international success and experience ( FIBA tourneys ) and we are great there ...

Comment

• Canada needs to figure out how to guard the pick and roll in a hurry. The Brazilian offense ran a clinic at the Pan Ams.

Comment

• I hope we do well but if you look at the core of our roster these fellows need experience.

Comment

• If I hear more time " there are lessons to be learned in losing " Canada Basketball has lost enough that no more lessons are required ...

Comment

• Cats coach John Calipari told Mike DeCourcy of Sporting News that he has given Canada Basketball officials a "drop-dead" date Murray would have to arrive on campus to begin the fall term and be eligible for the full 2015-16 season.

"We'll see if there's any way he can do both, because that's what I want," Calipari told DeCourcy. "The kid absolutely wants to play for the national team, and we want that. But the NCAA has really clear guidelines on this."

http://www.courier-journal.com/story...ucky/30825901/

Wow the passion Murray has for playing for his country is amazing ..

Comment

• Nicholson d Bennett played very well at the PanAm games, will be interesting to see what happens if Powell, Olynyk, and Thompson are available. That is some tough competition up front.
                            Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

• guyroch wrote: View Post
                              Cats coach John Calipari told Mike DeCourcy of Sporting News that he has given Canada Basketball officials a "drop-dead" date Murray would have to arrive on campus to begin the fall term and be eligible for the full 2015-16 season.

"We'll see if there's any way he can do both, because that's what I want," Calipari told DeCourcy. "The kid absolutely wants to play for the national team, and we want that. But the NCAA has really clear guidelines on this."

http://www.courier-journal.com/story...ucky/30825901/

Wow the passion Murray has for playing for his country is amazing ..
                              Calipari is the coach for Dominican Republic ... Is he going to be at the FIBA America's

Comment

• Can he go to UK at the end of August and join the national team for the second round of the tournament?

Comment

Working...
                                X