No announcement yet.

Canada Basketball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah, that's great to see for the women's team. Wish I could have watched more of their games this summer, but I'll definitely be watching them next summer! They should take a lot of confidence not only that they won but how convincingly they won.

Comment

• Tristan Thompson, is not participating in camp, but has been there to show support ...

I read that in the Globe and Mail ... Nice to see him there supporting and also seeing what Jay is implementing ...

Comment

• nice to see the women do so well. I can not wait to see the men go at it too bad we have some injuries and contract issues forcing some of our players out.

Comment

• Jamal Murray looks to be out....

http://www.nationofblue.com/report-j...ng-for-canada/

https://twitter.com/JLew1050/status/634011299593211904

Comment

• That's a shame about murray that and Tyler ennis being out hurts our depth at point

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
              I didn't know where else to put this.. but it appears Wiggins, Ennis, Olynyk and Lowry are all getting sponsorship deals from BMO:
              http://www.thestar.com/sports/basket...-with-bmo.html
              Too bad we could not suit up kyle for Canada at the qualifiers with Tyler and Jamal out

Pretty cool to see Lowry mentioned amongst those Canadians.
              Too bad we could not have kyle suit up for us with Tyler and Jamal out

Comment

• Too bad to hear about Murray. Should make for some tough competition to avoid being one of the 3 players cut. Canada will have good depth and lineup flexibility, with backup PG being the only weakness.

Comment

• Did people actually think Murray would be there?

Comment

• Goddam. I just want to watch him play again
                    "Stop eating your sushi."
                    "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                    "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                    - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• JimiCliff wrote: View Post
                      Goddam. I just want to watch him play again
                      Just keep praying that our NY/DEN pick turns into him

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

• oh no.

On a side note, how come we didn't naturalize Jose? He spent so many years in Canada.

Comment

• jerome wrote: View Post
                          oh no.

On a side note, how come we didn't naturalize Jose? He spent so many years in Canada.
                          He's been playing with the Spanish Program since he was a wee Spanish-Fly. Once you represent a country in International competition, you can't represent any other country. I don't think.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
                            He's been playing with the Spanish Program since he was a wee Spanish-Fly. Once you represent a country in International competition, you can't represent any other country. I don't think.
                            Aw does that mean no trades???
                            the original brow

Comment

• National team cuts coming today? They are likely flying out to Puerto Rico tomorrow for the Tuto Marchand tournament which starts Sunday.

Comment

• stretch wrote: View Post
                                National team cuts coming today? They are likely flying out to Puerto Rico tomorrow for the Tuto Marchand tournament which starts Sunday.
                                Anybody want to predict who will be the 3 players cut, now that Murray is out of the running?

Mine:
                                - Doornekamp
                                - English
                                - Bhullar

I think Scrubb will be the 12th man, since the least amount of depth is at the guard spots.

C: Olynyk / Sacre
                                PF: Nicholson / Powell (small ball C)
                                SF: Wiggins / Bennett (small ball PF) / Ejim
                                SG: Stauskas / Heslip / Scrubb (3rd PG as well)
                                PG: Joseph / Hanlan
                                Last edited by CalgaryRapsFan; Thu Aug 20, 2015, 10:59 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X