Canada Basketball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
    Anybody want to predict who will be the 3 players cut, now that Murray is out of the running?

Mine:
    - Doornekamp
    - English
    - Bhullar

I think Scrubb will be the 12th man, since the least amount of depth is at the guard spots.

C: Olynyk / Sacre
    PF: Nicholson / Powell (small ball C)
    SF: Wiggins / Bennett (small ball PF) / Ejim
    SG: Stauskas / Heslip / Scrubb (3rd PG as well)
    PG: Joseph / Hanlan
    what happened to murray?

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post
      what happened to murray?
      Unavailable due to Kentucky commitments.

Comment

• still have a bad feeling that Jay is going to keep English for "veteran presence".

Comment

• jerome wrote: View Post
          still have a bad feeling that Jay is going to keep English for "veteran presence".
          I could see that too, choosing English over Scrubb as the 3rd SG/PG. Veteran leadership/mentorship, loyalty, etc...

On the other hand, with such an influx of good young talent that includes plenty of NBA experience, this could be a big 'changing of the guard' type tournament for team Canada. If Tristan Thompson and Tyler Ennis were available, then I'd remove Scrubb and Ejim/Hanlan (both, once Murray becomes an option) from my lineup.
          Last edited by CalgaryRapsFan; Thu Aug 20, 2015, 11:09 AM.

Comment

• English over Hanlan is a wise choice. The FIBA Experience that Carl has is super valuable. Hanlan was the only option at BC so he put up numbers, he was not impressive in summer league at all. I don't see any advantage to keeping him over English.
            Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

• WJF wrote: View Post
              English over Hanlan is a wise choice. The FIBA Experience that Carl has is super valuable. Hanlan was the only option at BC so he put up numbers, he was not impressive in summer league at all. I don't see any advantage to keeping him over English.
              You'd roll with English as the backup PG?

I thought English was a SG, Scrubb was a SG/combo guard, and Hanlan was more of a PG.

Comment

Unavailable due to Kentucky commitments.
                is there no rule for exception... or i guess Kentucky wouldn't let us do that.

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post
                  is there no rule for exception... or i guess Kentucky wouldn't let us do that.
                  I'm no expert, I'm just going by the various Tweets and reports that were circulating earlier this week, that he's pretty much out of the running for a roster spot.

Comment

You'd roll with English as the backup PG?

I thought English was a SG, Scrubb was a SG/combo guard, and Hanlan was more of a PG.
                    I think Stauskas can run a team better than Hanlan or English. I don't see Carl as the second unit PG, rather as a tough guard with experience. I would also take Scrubb to run a team over both Eglish or Hanlan.
                    Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

I think Stauskas can run a team better than Hanlan or English. I don't see Carl as the second unit PG, rather as a tough guard with experience. I would also take Scrubb to run a team over both Eglish or Hanlan.
                      Just heard on the radio that two cuts have been made ... Carl English out and Sim Bhullar are out ...

Comment

• guyroch wrote: View Post
                        Just heard on the radio that two cuts have been made ... Carl English out and Sim Bhullar are out ...
                        Comes down to Scrubb, Hanlan, Heslip, Ejim and Doornekamp, with one of them getting cut (the other 8 are NBA players).

Comment

• Was just reading the release. I figure it will come down to choices for the final cut. If one of Hanlan or Scrubb out plays the other clearly or same with Ejim and Doornekamp.
                          Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

• http://www.basketball.ca/en/news-art...ontinental-cup

13 players heading to the pre-FIBA exhibition tourney, with 1 final cut looming

Comment

Was just reading the release. I figure it will come down to choices for the final cut. If one of Hanlan or Scrubb out plays the other clearly or same with Ejim and Doornekamp.
                              With so many NBA players on the roster for the PF/SF spots (Wiggins, Nicholson, Bennett, Powell), I really can't see the team keeping both Ejim and Doornekamp.

Hanlan and Scrubb could both make the roster and keep fighting to be the #2 PG. With only Joseph, Stauskas and Heslip at the guard spots (though Wiggins and Ejim could probably both play at the SG spot), there's a lot less proven depth, so I could see both Hanlan and Scrubb making the team.

Comment

• Argentina is also taking 13 players to Puerto Rico. There are three games to be played, injuries may yet determine roster spots.

Comment

Working...
                                X