Canada Basketball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joey wrote: View Post
    Damn, Bennett beasting on the glass. This summer is going to be HUGE for him and his confidence going into next season.
    Nocioni did get 23 points almost entirely on iso plays against AB.

Comment

• stretch wrote: View Post
      Wasn't watching, so I get to be ignorant to that fact and enjoy his stats. Hahaha But touché ...

Comment

I never understand teams that don't at least show a quick double in the post when a guy is dribbling the ball 3, 4, 5 times.
        Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
          I know its been discussed before, but can someone shine some light on what the "EFF" means, and how it is calculated. I can see it stands for Efficiency, but ya, anything that could maybe elaborate on that would be awesome!
          FIBA is supposed to use this:

(Points + Rebounds + Assists + Steals + Blocks + Fouls Drawn) - (Missed Field Goals + Missed Free Throws + Turnovers + Shots Rejected + Fouls Committed)

But it could be this, the NBA's version, instead:

(PTS + REB + AST + STL + BLK − Missed FG − Missed FT − TO)
          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
            FIBA is supposed to use this:

(Points + Rebounds + Assists + Steals + Blocks + Fouls Drawn) - (Missed Field Goals + Missed Free Throws + Turnovers + Shots Rejected + Fouls Committed)

But it could be this, the NBA's version, instead:

(PTS + REB + AST + STL + BLK − Missed FG − Missed FT − TO)
            Dan the Man! Thanks!

Comment

• WJF wrote: View Post
              I never understand teams that don't at least show a quick double in the post when a guy is dribbling the ball 3, 4, 5 times.
              Triano did say he did not want to show too much in this warm up tournament and the defense has been a point of emphasis in camp.

Argentina was without their top point guard Campazzo and surprisingly they stayed away from their bread and butter pick and roll play yesterday. Argentina is Canada's first game when it counts on Sept. 1st.

Comment

Triano did say he did not want to show too much in this warm up tournament and the defense has been a point of emphasis in camp.

Argentina was without their top point guard Campazzo and surprisingly they stayed away from their bread and butter pick and roll play yesterday. Argentina is Canada's first game when it counts on Sept. 1st.
                Triano coaching defense doesn't give me confidence

Comment

• To anybody who watched the game, I'm curious about the guys on the bubble for the last cut.

How did the PGs look - Scrubb and Hanlon? Did anybody distinguish themselves in the battle for the backup PG spot? Also, from looking at the boxscore, did Heslip get some time at the PG spot? I figured he was going to be the backup SG, but 6 assists in 18 minutes was a pleasant surprise.

How did the backup SFs look - Ejim and Doornekamp? The boxscores weren't overly impressive for either of them, not that either of them are likely to get much playing time as the 11th/12th man.

Comment

• guyroch wrote: View Post
                    Triano coaching defense doesn't give me confidence
                    Dave Smart is an assistant coach, I am sure he will impact the defense, Carleton is always a very tough defensive team.
                    Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

• CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                      To anybody who watched the game, I'm curious about the guys on the bubble for the last cut.

How did the PGs look - Scrubb and Hanlon? Did anybody distinguish themselves in the battle for the backup PG spot? Also, from looking at the boxscore, did Heslip get some time at the PG spot? I figured he was going to be the backup SG, but 6 assists in 18 minutes was a pleasant surprise.

How did the backup SFs look - Ejim and Doornekamp? The boxscores weren't overly impressive for either of them, not that either of them are likely to get much playing time as the 11th/12th man.
                      Both Scrubb and Hanlan handle pressure well. Hanlan Shot the ball well, Scrubb played a better floor game, pretty even if you ask me.

Ejim would be my pick do to future upside, but Doornekamp is a scrappy (chippy) vet who could be valuable to the team this year.
                      Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

• WJF wrote: View Post
                        Dave Smart is an assistant coach, I am sure he will impact the defense, Carleton is always a very tough defensive team.
                        When Mike Malone worked for basketball Canada our defense was what was winning us games ... I hope Smart can do the same thing ..

Comment

• Isn't there a game today? anybody with a link please?

Comment

• http://www.sintelevisor.com/tv/directvsports.html

Comment

• Thanks!

Comment

• Anyone have a link to the box score?

Comment

Working...
                                X